Dude, he isn't wearing a hoodie. He has a towel on his shoulder/neck. Lol

1721928779217.png

1721928713873.png

Don't make me pull out my google-fu

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
South Shore
Can't believe Briere was among the finalists for GM for Montreal. Philly's been a complete clown show since his arrival.

I don't understand what he is trying to do. They are calling it a rebuild, yet they are making moves that are not compatible with a rebuild. Gauthier and Michkov was a good starting point to build a new core. Instead, they lost Gauthier and traded him at a loss and it looks to me that they are trying to make a quick retool and foolishly try to make the playoffs...​

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I don't understand what he is trying to do. They are calling it a rebuild, yet they are making moves that are not compatible with a rebuild. Gauthier and Michkov was a good starting point to build a new core. Instead, they lost Gauthier and traded him at a loss and it looks to me that they are trying to make a quick retool and foolishly try to make the playoffs...​
- Traded Gauthier for Drysdale
- Moved BACK to avoid Buium
- Moved a whole year back from a first
- Signed long term Konecny
- Still employs Tortorella

This is not a rebuild, whatever the hell Briere thinks it means.

Last edited:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Flyers just got themselves a Gallagher contract. I thought they were supposed to be rebuilding?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Too many similarities between Konecny and Gallagher to not be a bit scared for the Flyers on this one (though Konecny at least isn't already falling down)
Besides being feisty undersized players, how are they even remotely comparable? Konecny is a far better skater, smarter, and more talented. There is some risk given his playstyle, but the two players are more different than similar.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Besides being feisty undersized players, how are they even remotely comparable? Konecny is a far better skater, smarter, and more talented. There is some risk given his playstyle, but the two players are more different than similar.
Agreed, Gallagher was always a dog on the puck and volume shooter while taking damage for rebounds in front to the net. It led to him being hit many times by his own teammates shots and over time many injuries. Konecny is a way better player overall, he can survive if he slows down and loses a bit of his shot unlike Gally.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh

View attachment 897009

View attachment 897008

Don't make me pull out my google-fu

f***ing drives me mad that someone, whoever it is, would pay 150$ for a mass produced hoodie made in China of all places...

Grrrr.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
This must be a slow ass and quiet summer when people are debating the aesthetics, functionality and morality of manufacturing of hoodies…
Oi! ya know what sight you're on right? I see a whole heap of geeks and freaks debating here over fantasy scenarios that are impossible to ever have an actual conclusion. lol

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Too many similarities between Konecny and Gallagher to not be a bit scared for the Flyers on this one (though Konecny at least isn't already falling down)
There are more similarities there one would think.

Contract history is very similar. Both players ELC slid the 1st year, then both signed a 6 yr contract post ELC, Gallagher 3.75M which was 5.43% of the Cap at the time, TK was 5.5M which was 6.75% of the cap. Both extended with 1 yr remaining Gally for 6 yrs at 6.5M NMC with a 6 team NTC. TK 8 years at 8.75M full NMC 1st 6 yrs then a 14 team NTC is last 2.

Both undersized and play a physical style, TK is the better skater

Production wise at the end of 8 yrs (when extensions signed) TK 564 games played 174 goals, Gally 547 Games played 173G. Both have 2 30G seasons, Tk as 3 more 20+, Gally has 2 and 2 more at 19. Tk is the better playmaker. with 226 assists vs Gallys 161

Tk may not decline like Gally or as quick but with the extra 2 years I suspect the last 4 years of the TK contract to be no better than the last 4 of Gally.

There are more similarities there one would think.

Contract history is very similar. Both players ELC slid the 1st year, then both signed a 6 yr contract post ELC, Gallagher 3.75M which was 5.43% of the Cap at the time, TK was 5.5M which was 6.75% of the cap. Both extended with 1 yr remaining Gally for 6 yrs at 6.5M NMC with a 6 team NTC. TK 8 years at 8.75M full NMC 1st 6 yrs then a 14 team NTC is last 2.

Both undersized and play a physical style, TK is the better skater

Production wise at the end of 8 yrs (when extensions signed) TK 564 games played 174 goals, Gally 547 Games played 173G. Both have 2 30G seasons, Tk as 3 more 20+, Gally has 2 and 2 more at 19. Tk is the better playmaker. with 226 assists vs Gallys 161

Tk may not decline like Gally or as quick but with the extra 2 years I suspect the last 4 years of the TK contract to be no better than the last 4 of Gally.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
This must be a slow ass and quiet summer when people are debating the aesthetics, functionality and morality of manufacturing of hoodies…
I know. I'm just waiting for the Habs to announce a trade, I don't know, Dach vs Crosby just to spice things up, then 4 weeks later they reverse the trade for lols

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If they are rebuilding they are pretty bad at it.

At the price he was asking and considering he is 27 i would have traded TK for future.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Feeling pretty confident with Caufield, Suzuki and Slaf deals. I mean they only need to be 60 points player for the deals to be good.

Yup.

All 3 are good deals today.

In 2-3 seasons, they will be great deals.

By last 2-3 seasons, KH will be celebrated as a genius

Reactions: sampollock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad