HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
terrible news for Edmonton. I feel bad for the fans of the team.

a62f47e909a49f585550252e48aec9d17f65c921.gifv

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
It's almost fitting that it's the Oilers who hired him after finally being reinstated. When Evander Kane was going through his shit and he was let go by the Sharks, he signed with the Oilers. After Corey Perry left Chicago and entered rehab, when he was cleared to return, he signed with the Oilers.
They would pay a premium for Mailloux

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
I can’t believe it. Many GM were complaining about they had zero cap space availlable. They needed to gave asset to clear some contracts. And, July 1st arrived and they spent all the cap space availlable within 5 minutes. Are they dumb??
Stephenson contracts, edmundson, skje… what the hell
Either they are incredibly short-sighted or they are under tremendous pressure from ownership to "look like they are making moves" to save their job.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Weather, crime, lack of cultural offerings, access (to other destinations). It's far from the oceans, it's quite north, it has poor access to major metropolitan areas... There's a reason why EDM and WPG are on many NTC lists.

The big issue is EDM the franchise, not Edmonton the city. The city isn't to my tastes (though once you've lived in MTL, very few cities stack up) but the franchise has not earned the benefit of the doubt. I don't know why someone's knickers are in a bunch over the comment but I stick by it: it's foolish of Draisaitl to trust the remainder of his career in the hands of the Edmonton Oilers. I don't think EDM, even with their new GM, has earned much goodwill in terms of team-building quality.
I don’t blame either of those guys for wanting out. The city is fine but it doesn’t compare to the other options out there. No Canadian city does unfortunately . Maybe Vancouver but it really doesn’t seem to be a real draw

I do think they have some unfinished business and their best chance at a cup or 2 is staying put

I don’t know why Drai can’t just sign a big fat 8 year deal in Edmonton, win a cup or 2 and then request a trade to one of the 10 teams on his trade list

Reactions: Dick Duff

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don’t blame either of those guys for wanting out. The city is fine but it doesn’t compare to the other options out there. No Canadian city does unfortunately . Maybe Vancouver but it really doesn’t seem to be a real draw

I do think they have some unfinished business and their best chance at a cup or 2 is staying put

I don’t know why Drai can’t just sign a big fat 8 year deal in Edmonton, win a cup or 2 and then request a trade to one of the 10 teams on his trade list
He could always just sign a five year deal. And yeah, they're close. I don't think it makes sense for them to leave now. They were a game away from the cup.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
5, 3 , whatever. Just don’t slam that window closed just yet to go to Philly or Boston and lose forever
Drai on Philly or Boston would a a tectonic game changer for the East. Boston could end up in a position to feast on our division for the duration of Drai’s contract.

Let’s hope it doesn’t happen.

Why demand a trade when you can just leave as a FA to your handpicked destination? It’s not incumbent on Draisaitl to fulfill EDM’s unfinished business — the franchise sucked and sucked around for most of Drai’s prime.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Hugues has been one of the most patient and opportunistic GMs I have seen. It’s provided tremendous value already, just considering those 2 first rounders we got for Monahan, and everything else being icing on the cake.

I have complete confidence in his strategy and ability to execute it and couldn’t be happier that irrational panic moves aren’t his go to start to every off season.

Matching outfits are a nice touch. 95% sure Drai isn’t leaving Edmonton now.
judging by the picture i'll go as high as 97% :sarcasm:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He could always just sign a five year deal. And yeah, they're close. I don't think it makes sense for them to leave now. They were a game away from the cup.
If McJesus, Draisatl and Bouchard want to win a cup their best bet would be to sign a 4-5 years relatively team friendly extension. All extensions would end when they would sitll be young enough to sign one last big UFA deal in a city of their choice and the team is very close. Leaving now there's always a risk to end up like Johny Hockey. He got lot of money but not sure he's very happy with the outcome atm.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Their coach is Tort where do you he'll play ?
The bench. :sarcasm:

But I'm joking, if Deslo is Michkov new best friend, then that means they will play together and Deslo is a 4th liner so...

Saying that, I suspect Tort won't survive until December behind the bench and Brière and cie will hire a yesman to ride the bench...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad