HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Meh

Can't see the fit being worth the cost. If he were a free or reclamation asset, sure, but I doubt the Laffs will let him go for peanuts.
Yes it depends on the cost. A B prospect and a low draft pick is all I would offer. If someone makes a ridiculous offer like Dubas in the McGroarty trade they can have him.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I think he beats Gordie Howe's record :naughty:

The subscriber base on TVA, RDS and Sportsnet would go through the roof. It would definitely be in the NHL's best interest to surrender the Crosby to us! :laugh:
Even Betman would love this , now that we have a management that is friendly with the commissioner

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yes it depends on the cost. A B prospect and a low draft pick is all I would offer. If someone makes a ridiculous offer like Dubas in the McGroarty trade they can have him.
Fair.

Suspect the Laffs are looking for more than that, but if something like Farrell/ Trudeau/ Davidson/ Kidney + a 4th or 5th is the cost, then sure.

Not sure why Laffs wouldn't just keep him at that kind of return. He's got zero leverage in trying to force a trade.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Fair.

Suspect the Laffs are looking for more than that, but if something like Farrell/ Trudeau/ Davidson/ Kidney + a 4th or 5th is the cost, then sure.

Not sure why Laffs wouldn't just keep him at that kind of return. He's got zero leverage in trying to force a trade.
Yes. I would keep Davidson but any of the others I would do. Mesar won't be traded. He is Slaf's buddy so it is unlikely he is moved unless and until he shows he is not an NHL player.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I wouldn’t give anything for an undersized, non productive, bust of a winger from Toronto.

It’s like acquiring all of Caufield’s cons with none of his pros. Hard pass.
He has most of Caufield's pros. Hasn't really been given a real shot with Toronto. Some of that is due to injuries though.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
If Crosby leaves Pitt (that's a big IF, odds are he elects to finish his career there & unlike Tampa with Stamkos, I doubt the Pens flinch at paying him full market value/term, plus he probably takes less to help them add for one last push), then I think there's legitimate reason to view the Habs as a front runner...

- childhood team + his sense of hockey history
- cap room & roster/cap situation to pay him market value on a 2-4yr deal without blowing up cap
- top 3? 5? U25 group in the league... Perfectly set up to push towards contending in that 2-4year window, especially adding a piece like him
- management group building the kind of culture a person & player like Sid will value immensely

Slaf Suzuki CC
Roy Crosby Laine
Demidov Dach Newhook

Ca sent la coupe icitte :stanley:
Roy ahead of Demidov lmfao.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He has most of Caufield's pros. Hasn't really been given a real shot with Toronto. Some of that is due to injuries though.

That's a very big stretch...

Do you really think Caufield on the Laffs the past few years would not have been getting regular top 6 role?

I think that's highly unlikely. If anything, Caufield playing with that group is already a 40+ goal scorer and a fixture in their top 6. Robertson is not at all in the same ball park.

Reactions: themilosh

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That's a very big stretch...

Do you really think Caufield on the Laffs the past few years would not have been getting regular top 6 role?

I think that's highly unlikely. If anything, Caufield playing with that group is already a 40+ goal scorer and a fixture in their top 6. Robertson is not at all in the same ball park.
The coach was clueless. No telling if Caufield would have even gotten decent minutes. He had 55 goals in 46 games in his last OHL season. Of course he has missed more games than he has played. Could be a glass body and no telling why he wants out so I wouldn't give up much to get him. If they got him he has to do something this season to justify a spot or increase his trade value.

Seriously why even bother if you're going to be playing Crosby on the 3rd line.. :laugh:

He won't waive for that.
Jesus. There is NO 3rd line. Just 3 first lines.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I wouldn’t give anything for an undersized, non productive, bust of a winger from Toronto.

It’s like acquiring all of Caufield’s cons with none of his pros. Hard pass.
What if we are giving an undersized, even less productive, and lower-potential winger?

Robertson doesn't really make any sense given how we are kind of filled up on forwards, but the irony of your post needed to be pointed out.

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
:lol:

Roy Crosby Laine
Slaf Suzuki CC
Demidov Dach Newhook

There :facepalm:

It's as if some posters haven't actually followed real NHL games :dunno:
Monday's
Roy Crosby Laine
Slaf Suzuki CC
Demidov Dach Newhook

Tuesday's
Slaf Suzuki CC
Demidov Dach Newhook
Roy Crosby Laine

Wednesday's
Demidov Dach Newhook
Roy Crosby Laine
Slaf Suzuki CC

Thursday's
Roy Crosby Laine
Slaf Suzuki CC
Demidov Dach Newhook

Friday's
Slaf Suzuki CC
Demidov Dach Newhook
Roy Crosby Laine

Saturday's
Demidov Dach Newhook
Roy Crosby Laine
Slaf Suzuki CC

Sunday's (alternates every-week with the 3 1st lines)

now that is how you distributes minute whens you have 3 first lines

:D:laugh::nod::DD:cool:;):thumbu:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
My TDL wishlist:

Laine - Crosby - Slaf
CC - Suzuki - Dach
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Anderson - Evans - Clutterbuck
Gallagher, Pezzetta

Guhle - Andersson
Hutson - Savard
Struble - Mailloux
Xhekaj

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
My TDL wishlist:

Laine - Crosby - Slaf
CC - Suzuki - Dach
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Anderson - Evans - Clutterbuck
Gallagher, Pezzetta

Guhle - Andersson
Hutson - Savard
Struble - Mailloux
Xhekaj
How do we pry Crosby out of Pittsburgh? Who gets traded?
Reverse The Sherriff for Struble also.....and David Savard is gone himself at the deadline.

Reactions: The Nightman

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
How do we pry Crosby out of Pittsburgh? Who gets traded?
Reverse The Sherriff for Struble also.....and David Savard is gone himself at the deadline.
I sacrifice Newhook and trade Matheson over Savard, completing the offers with the depth of the pool (Kapanen, Konyushkov, etc...) and picks. It's entirely possible I'd have to sacrifice Struble also you're right.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What if we are giving an undersized, even less productive, and lower-potential winger?

Robertson doesn't really make any sense given how we are kind of filled up on forwards, but the irony of your post needed to be pointed out.
So you took my post, intermingled it with your imagination and created a completely fantasizes new “ironic” meaning to what you imagined I meant to say.

Niiiice job there.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Monday's
Roy Crosby Laine
Slaf Suzuki CC
Demidov Dach Newhook

Tuesday's
Slaf Suzuki CC
Demidov Dach Newhook
Roy Crosby Laine

Wednesday's
Demidov Dach Newhook
Roy Crosby Laine
Slaf Suzuki CC

Thursday's
Roy Crosby Laine
Slaf Suzuki CC
Demidov Dach Newhook

Friday's
Slaf Suzuki CC
Demidov Dach Newhook
Roy Crosby Laine

Saturday's
Demidov Dach Newhook
Roy Crosby Laine
Slaf Suzuki CC

Sunday's (alternates every-week with the 3 1st lines)

now that is how you distributes minute whens you have 3 first lines

:D:laugh::nod::DD:cool:;):thumbu:
Someone hire this man :clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad