OT: Insiders - Do you trust them?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you trust Insiders?

• 100% faith with Insiders, legit hockey people with legit inside info.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Depends on the Insider, some are reliable.

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • 0% faith with anything an Insider says, always click bait.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • People on HForums are more reliable.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
With all the talk this summer, Robertson was for sure traded, Marner was for sure traded, seems like a lot of click bait speculation that never came forward. Last year Friedman said there was a major trade eminent for a Dman and the year before there was a major trade that was for sure for sure going to happen .. but it never happened.

Is it a matter of bad info? Intentional deception? Something last minute happened to stop the deal? Do you trust these insiders?

Who is your most trusted Insider and who is your least trusted Insider?

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sports journalism is for infotainment purposes only. You enjoy the speculation, agree or disagree and take the drama for what it is. It shouldn’t be taken that seriously.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I do but I know which ones only report things when they are 100% confirmed and rarely miss and publicly admit it when they do.

Too many people distrust them because they are media illiterate. They can't differentiate between them saying "This guy is being traded" and them on a podcast shooting the shit and being asked about a player, giving an opinion, and then having that opinion repeated by others who twist it into being something he reported.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Some much more than others. CJ striker me as by far the most.connected to the current front office for example.

Others seem to throw anything out there without any getting. There's someone's a hair of truth if you read between the lines but be skeptical a lot of the time

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Seravelli is the only one who said Marner was being traded and he based it solely on the idea that no team would be dumb enough to continue with this failed philosophy.

Insiders like Bob McKenzie are bullet proof. So even when he says ridiculous things like Matthews costing more money than McDavid. His selfishness and the Leafs ineptitude in the coming years has shown us that it's real.

1726508666830.png

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Sports journalism is for infotainment purposes only. You enjoy the speculation, agree or disagree and take the drama for what it is. It shouldn’t be taken that seriously.

This!

Once in a while there might be something factual in there, but often it's rumour, speculation... but it gives us something to talk about, and we enjoy hockey talk... so... it's good. But, as the man says, don't take it too seriously.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Firstly, fans need to understand what "rumor" means.

The other thing is that sometimes trades/signings fall through the cracks because both sides cannot agree on the terms. So teams might be shopping, offers are made, but nothing serious transpires.

Kypreos is pretty connected, but he doesn't always hit 100%. I'm not saying he's the best or the most trusted. He's just someone who's rumors I take more seriously.

Ultimately as Leaf fans we still get to hear about 50% of what might be happening before it happens. I like it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

BTW - the options on this poll are a bit skewed.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I'm not sure how someone on HF Boards would be more reliable. They get the same info as all the other pedestrians.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
With all the talk this summer,

Robertson was for sure traded,
Marner was for sure traded

seems like a lot of click bait speculation that never came forward.

The reports were Robertston WANTS to be traded. And that was correct.

The speculation is that the team wants to move on from Marner, as they don't have the cap space for another >10AAV right winger (They already have Nylander). EVERYONE knew it would be near impossible to move on from Marner. This was correct.

Bad examples of media misinformation.

I don't listen / watch any media information other than reading articles on The Score, TSN.ca +/- Google news.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
bloggers aren't insiders , some people have a tough time differentiating between the two for some strange reason

Reactions: wingman75

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
"I'm not saying it's the truth. I'm just telling you what I heard"

-Ianturnedbull HF Philosopher and Insider 2024

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
“I can neither confirm nor deny that I do or don’t know jackshit”.

Mackenzie is the cream of the crop, and it’s not even close.

Dregs is bottome of the barrel.

Kypreos stock is rising, while CJ and Friedman are spinning their wheels.

The rest are all internet dumb click bait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad