HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Does it bring more cap? The expansion fees aren't considered hockey related revenue IIRC and just go to the owners. If the league expands to, say 36 teams, the HRR pie would be bigger, but it would also be split among more teams. The cap would only rise if the new teams brought in more money than the average of the 32 teams does, which seems unlikely.
Well it seems to me the cap has risen after every expansion. So there is definitely something behind it.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
I'm pretty sure in french it's "Les feuilles d'érable de Toronto".
I think you have to keep the stupid singular not-a-mistake-but-they-still-should-have-named-the-team-correctly-in-the-fist-place for an exact translation, so it's Les Feuille d'érable

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Only period without major cap increases was because of a worldwide pandemic. So short of a financial market crash, the cap will just go back to its regular yearly increase, cuz as long as revenues go up, the cap will go up.
There is every chance there will be another pandemic.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Only period without major cap increases was because of a worldwide pandemic. So short of a financial market crash, the cap will just go back to its regular yearly increase, cuz as long as revenues go up, the cap will go up.

Except for the fact that national broadcasting deals that have been poor investments are about to expire and there are many that believe that the NHL will be forced to take lesser deals.......so revenue may very well decrease in the near future.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Except for the fact that national broadcasting deals that have been poor investments are about to expire and there are many that believe that the NHL will be forced to take lesser deals.......so revenue may very well decrease in the near future.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Just like thighs!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'll believe it when I see it.

Just like thighs!
1725813084106.jpeg

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's a fair offer. If i was Swayman's agent i'd ask for 3 years 6.25 millions (5.5, 6.25, 7).

Don't think someone will OS more than that. He's not proven enough yet.
While I agree that he isn't truly proven, my gut tells me he is the real deal.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Heard Bruins only offered Swayman 6.2 million x 4 years. Haven't talked in 3 weeks

Friedman said they also offered an 8 years deal that starts with 6. So anywhere between 6M and 6.9M.

Also said Swayman camp are pointing at McAvoy contract as what they want. McAvoy makes 9.5M.

They’ll meet in the middle around 7.5-7.7 AAV. Terms will be interesting, have a feeling Swayman wants to do short term (3-4 years) so he can bolt out of there after the relationship going sour since the arbitration process last year. Or stay but next time have all the leverage. Either way I think he wants to cash in on one last big contract as he hits 29/30.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
The way Swayman is talking we might see him somewhere else. That whole thing is getting ugly.

Dude has never played more than 45 games in a season and is talking about resetting the goalie market like he’s Price/Lundvqist/Borbrovsky/Shesterkin. Apparently asking for around 9.5M?

Sadly for us and thankfully for Boston Sweeney is not the guy to pay you before you prove yourself.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Dude has never played more than 45 games in a season and is talking about resetting the goalie market like he’s Price/Lundvqist/Borbrovsky/Shesterkin. Apparently asking for around 9.5M?

Sadly for us and thankfully for Boston Sweeney is not the guy to pay you before you prove yourself.
It’s just really fun to watch. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad