Post-Game Talk: Ooh Baby Almost A Comeback! Leafs 4, Jets 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I'm not sure when Reimer gets his next chance to come back. This was it. Everyone was horrible in that Dallas game and got the start here and yeah...this happened. Do need to get Reimer going, but also in a playoff race and can't throw points away. I'm honestly not sure if we see him again (aside from blowouts) until after the Olympic break. No back to back games before then to force the issue, will be up to Carlyle to make a decision there.

No doubt a few guys I wouldn't feel terrible to see moved at some point. Though when/if anything happens I'm not sure.

Perhaps, But I think RC wanted a bounce back game right away, So I understand his thinking there.

Bernier gets TB no question, Probably Florida as well. But Reimer has always done well against Ottawa. So pending the results of the Florida games mid week, I could see him in net a week from tonight.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
guys - let's not throw any shade (no matter how much we don't like the team) until we are in a good enough place (ie: we clinch a playoff spot).

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
guys - let's not throw any shade (no matter how much we don't like the team) until we are in a good enough place (ie: we clinch a playoff spot).

Why. Never made any difference to me where the Leafs are in the standings as long as Habs fans are hurting.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
well the thing is - our next back to back is our Death Valley Roadtrip [March 10th/11th]

I don't know if Bernier can handle playing all of those games in a row right now - I think on average it looks like he plays 7 games like the star, and then he hits the brick wall - but then he's good again. and as Jamie McClemment said - that's probably because he's adjusting to the workload. so do we push it?

or do we try to sign a guy not signed? someone from europe? I don't know.
you know the drum I've been beating Pi as well - no more no man's land. I don't know who you sign that you can trust back there. [I suck at "let's sign so and so']

I just want a capable goaltender,
somehow get Moulson so Ottawa doesn't get him
and another defenseman.
Buffalo is in the Catbird seat if you want Moulson they are likely to get 2 top components for him be it picks or top prospects. Personally I don't want to give up a 1 and something like Leivo for him, signed or not. Let Ottawa have him. Goaltending? In Bernier we trust.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I don't understand all the Raymond hate lately. I have zero problem with him given his contract. It's not like he is the only Leaf with flaws. Brings much needed speed.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Yes I can feeeel their anger.
Their hate makes us powerful!
Everything is proceeding as I have forseen.
Ha ha.

They flamed out last season at the same point, because many of their key players are on the wrong side of 30, and they added more aging players to the roster in the off season.

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
Franson had a damn solid game and caused the prevention of a potential goal which led to the final goal. Lay off the guy, no reason to be negative to someone playing positively just because you have an agenda.
But his inabilty to take the body allowed Wheeler to blow by him for the 2nd goal. Say g'night, Cody. Don't let door hit you in ass on your way out of town.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Not to pile on with Lupul, But I've thought he's been a movable asset since probably November, Even before the most recent injury(Groin) just mainly down to his age (30), Which isn't old, But with his injury past, He regress quicker than normal. We should've of sold while the stock was high. Oh well.

Despite the improved play of late, My list of departures still remains fairly long.(Raymond, Franson, Kulemin Etc..)

On Reimer: No doubt he was pretty awful tonight, But he needs to be given a chance to come back. He had a strong game against Colorado, And for the sake of any trade value we to get him going again.

If we move him...I hope it's a bundle to get a young center. If anyone can do it...he'd be one of those assets who'd do it...However I think we will be quite a bit more patient.

However Raymond and Franson definitely needs to go IMO. I know Mason is a bargain and all but he is greedy and sloppy play on the ice is so annoying. Franson IMO should be obvious, aside from that...i don't know about Kulemin man...I think it's very important to keep him. However i'm frustrated how he's regressed in the third line.

True...I guess we should be a bit more patient with him.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
!

I don't understand all the Raymond hate lately. I have zero problem with him given his contract. It's not like he is the only Leaf with flaws. Brings much needed speed.

I don't hate Raymond because he's only costing us 1M and was our entire secondary scoring for the better part of ~2 months but he's incredibly soft.

I'd say he's softer than Kessel...and that's saying something.

If we give him 3.25M, I'll hate the guy as much as I hated MacArthur.

We don't need these 25 year old plugs that put up points and don't do anything else.

We need hard working prospects like Joshua Leivo or a Tyler Biggs (maybe he can get his career going), Jerry D'Amigo etc.

Cheaper hardworking players are better than guys like Raymond and MacArthur for the Leafs.

I'd keep Raymond for another 5 years if he's not being paid like a top ~6 player.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
But his inabilty to take the body allowed Wheeler to blow by him for the 2nd goal. Say g'night, Cody. Don't let door hit you in ass on your way out of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan90
Franson had a damn solid game and caused the prevention of a potential goal which led to the final goal. Lay off the guy, no reason to be negative to someone playing positively just because you have an agenda.

Did Franson make a great play or did he pull a Homer on that chance?
With Franson I'm not sure.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I watched the game at a place called Shark Club tonight (it's above Yonge-Dundas Square). Actually a pretty cool atmosphere, they do a lot of giveaways on Saturdays and you get free shots for everytime a player scores that you drew earlier (our table had Kessel!)

Anyways - with Habs losing, I'm not mad that we lost. That comeback was ******* epic.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I don't hate Raymond because he's only costing us 1M and was our entire secondary scoring for the better part of ~2 months but he's incredibly soft.

I'd say he's softer than Kessel...and that's saying something.

If we give him 3.25M, I'll hate the guy as much as I hated MacArthur.

We don't need these 25 year old plugs that put up points and don't do anything else.

We need hard working prospects like Joshua Leivo or a Tyler Biggs (maybe he can get his career going), Jerry D'Amigo etc.

Cheaper hardworking players are better than guys like Raymond and MacArthur for the Leafs.

I'd keep Raymond for another 5 years if he's not being paid like a top ~6 player.

I don't hate Raymond either, if he wants to be a 3rd line utility type player great. Something like 6 mil for 3 years. But maybe he sees Cmac and and figures he can hit a homer then jettison at the deadline.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Why. Never made any difference to me where the Leafs are in the standings as long as Habs fans are hurting.

because ....
two weeks ago we were looking really bad. until we clinch - things can flip!

Buffalo is in the Catbird seat if you want Moulson they are likely to get 2 top components for him be it picks or top prospects. Personally I don't want to give up a 1 and something like Leivo for him, signed or not. Let Ottawa have him. Goaltending? In Bernier we trust.

[sorry I meant backup goaltending]. I feel that Reimer needs to be in a place where he can be a number one - and it's not here.

true on Moulson too. but a girl can dream

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
.857 save percentage. Barely better than Reimer's .833. Both goalies were awful tonight, just as they were last night.

according to NHL.Com

J Reimer saves 15-shots 19 save pctg .789
J Bernier saves 12 - shots 13 save pctg .923

so no dont think both goalies were terrible

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I don't hate Raymond either, if he wants to be a 3rd line utility type player great. Something like 6 mil for 3 years. But maybe he sees Cmac and and figures he can hit a homer then jettison at the deadline.
I don't hate him either, but I'd prefer to not see him on our team period. Our top nine is too soft, and we need stronger two-way guys on our team.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
because ....
two weeks ago we were looking really bad. until we clinch - things can flip!
Of course but as Leafs fans we really have nothing to hang our hats on for almost 50 years so being Hab haters always feels good. It's the ugly truth.:D

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

That's kind of a silly perspective on the game, no? "Haha, we suck but they suck more!" Why are we as fans so concerned about another team or their fans?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jets is actual a suitable name for them, considering their organizational history, they always Jet down the standings each season.

Zing

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
They were down 4-1 early in the game. I didn't think they had a chance at any points so I'll take the one and be happy that it momentarily puts them in that third spot for now. Gotta capitalize on their next round up of games but they're going to be tough and with the up and down season this team has had so far, it's hard to predict what we'll get from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad