Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-1 : I ain't even mad

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
We could use a offensively gifted version of Harti. Refs kind of screwed us on this.

I can think of one that's slumping and can fight, who plays for a team looking to make a deal according to LeBrun. His name is Clowe.

Honestly the speed is great but god would it be nice to see a couple hits a game. Instead we watch Nuge get laid out a couple minutes before the kings go ahead.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Does anyone actually think the Hall-RNH-Eberle Line has chemistry? 'Cause I'm not seeing it.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
We could use a offensively gifted version of Harti. Refs kind of screwed us on this.

At some point Oilers fans have to stop blaming the refs or linesmen for a loss........there is no league wide conspiracy theory to make the Oilers lose......good teams fight through clutch and grab play.....good management provides a team with the proper pieces to compete in any type of game.....time to stop blaming anyone but the players , coaches and management

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
yeah, no accountability.

Also, just a question here for everyone. Currently if you come off the ice and the player you are not replacing is still on the ice and you touch the puck , its a "too many men" penalty as you are technically not a valid player on the ice.

So if someone "not in the game" touching the puck leads to a blown whistle, do you think that if the linesmen or refs get in the way and change the way the puck is going, should a whistle be blown and faceoff taken?

I know this would lead to a few more stoppages, and could kill some momentum, but it could also prevent stupid game winning goals like tonight.

There is accountability just not to the fans or media. For example look at who gets to ref the playoffs...generally the refs who have the fewest screw ups.

Your idea wouldn't work because of the fact that the law of averages dictates that both teams will have an equal chance of being on the short end with referee interference. This is a neutral party to both teams.

A too many men penalty is there to stop teams from taking advantage of having more players then the other team at any point in the game. This benefits one party and is why it is penalized.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
This team really sucks. Defense is AHL level making Dubnyk/Khabibulin do everything. On top of that the forwards don't come back nearly enough resulting in tons of odd man chances against. Every damn game they take forever getting the puck out of the defensive one. They are the worst at that. Teams can't score on you when you get the puck out when you have a chance. The cutesy plays, or weak clearing attempts are terrible. 3 more home games and then a 9 game road trip. Team could be too far behind after the next 12 games.

It is like a broken record. I have been yelling this at the TV since Pronger left.

I do not even know what it feels like to have some sort of set break out plays. Just plaster it around the boards and hope for the best lol.

I am no coach. I probably have 1/100th knowledge of an NHL coach.

Why do these guys not practice this? Have 5 guys dump the puck in and rush then D. Get a third guy in deep to break out to. I don;t know. I see other teams throw no look passes out of the corners knowing a teammate is standing there.

It is so frustrating. I also notice that our dmen seem to get beat to the puck a lot on dump ins. Maybe it's just me......They seem so nonchalant back there.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
At some point Oilers fans have to stop blaming the refs or linesmen for a loss........there is no league wide conspiracy theory to make the Oilers lose......good teams fight through clutch and grab play.....good management provides a team with the proper pieces to compete in any type of game.....time to stop blaming anyone but the players , coaches and management

its the refs fault we can't score 5 on 5!

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Sports are actually about winning. I don't care if we grinded it either. If we won, heck we could win every game 1-0 in a snoozefest and I would be fine with that. Winning is what matters. We need some better players in a lot of different areas. A top pairing defenseman who can play defense would be a start. Also a top 6 forward who has size. It's depressing that this could be 7 years in a row of no playoffs. Inexcusable.

I would be fine with it too, but I am pretty much strictly an Oilers fan now. I follow the Oilers but I don't really give a **** about the rest of the league. I no longer watch NHL games unless they involve the Oilers (or Canucks since I live in B.C and like to see them lose).

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton

Agreed!.

The refs that got in the way this game are the same refs that gave Edmonton the 5 on 3 powerplay that the Oilers couldn't convert on.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
The top 6 is just fine the way it is, eh guys?
Could it be any more obvious that they constantly get exposed by teams like the Kings. You just knew the script going into the game, that the Kings would dictate the pace and that it would be a low scoring snoozefest. Just Gross. I have so little hope for this team because of games like this.

Yes if only they were bigger they could have somehow averted the linesmen from causing the turnover. The Oilers lost on a bad break and the guy who scored our only goal is the player most often suggested we get rid of to fix this supposed problem. I really don't see the point you are making, 2-1 games will happen.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Does anyone actually think the Hall-RNH-Eberle Line has chemistry? 'Cause I'm not seeing it.

Well, they sure can do a bang up job cycling. However, this cycle doesn't really have many endgames to them so they often go nowhere.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Harti needs to leave the line-up when Jones is back. He's bringing nothing to the table.

Really? He was the only one attempting to get a cycle game going and actually muck it up a bit. He had some beastly shifts in the 3rd especially. If his linemates had any brains and got to the slot when Harti had the puck behind the net, his line could have easily scored a goal. He was the least of the problems tonight. It was the fancy boys in the top 6 who got away from keeping it simple and were afraid to go to the dirty areas (outside of Hall who at least tried) who were at fault for this one.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
I don't think the original poster was saying there should be a penalty -- just that the play should be blown dead.

Oh my bad. I still don't think it should be, you would have players intentionally shooting at refs to get a whistle. :laugh:

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
It shocks me to think this, but can we PLEASE get Corey Potter in the lineup for Ryan Whitney? I'd say Peckham, but that would be disastrous with him and Fistric trying to get the puck out of their end.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Harti needs to leave the line-up when Jones is back. He's bringing nothing to the table.
He's looked worse offensively than he had in his two previous call ups. Unfortunately he's one of the only players we have that is actually good along the boards though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad