Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-1 : I ain't even mad

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Smid-Justin
Fistric-Petry
Peckham-Nick

I don't think Fistric is anywhere near a top 4 dman though. Really playing with fire there. You're putting him in a position to fail. Way too far up the food chain. This is the issue I've had with the Oilers for a long time. Their depth is so pathetic, they have people playing in spots they have no business playing in. It's unfair to the player and the team, and then, after the inevitable failure and the rabid fans are screaming for blood, the said player is moved to another team, where he flourishes because he is being played in the correct pecking order.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I don't think Fistric is anywhere near a top 4 dman though. Really playing with fire there. You're putting him in a position to fail. Way too far up the food chain. This is the issue I've had with the Oilers for a long time. Their depth is so pathetic, they have people playing in spots they have no business playing in. It's unfair to the player and the team, and then, after the inevitable failure and the rabid fans are screaming for blood, the said player is moved to another team, where he flourishes because he is being played in the correct pecking order.

Yeah, I agree, but unfortunately I think that's the only way we can fit both Fistric and Peckham in the line-up.

I don't see them working as a pair.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
We give up the 1st goal of the game way to often. Also I believe being more defensive will help with our scoring. It should increase the number of neutral zone turnovers, where we can counter attack and hopefully catch the other team on odd man rushes.

Quick made 4 or 5 highlight reel saves before the Kings even had a scoring chance last night though. The guy quoted was right, our D hasn't been losing games for us. It's our lack of scoring that is losing us games.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton

Judging by his (Fister) play this season, he is in my opinion. Most consistant defensman on the team. Just amazing in his own zone. Leans on players and knocks them off the puck better than I've seen on this team in years. Defensive assassin!

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Quick made 4 or 5 highlight reel saves before the Kings even had a scoring chance last night though. The guy quoted was right, our D hasn't been losing games for us. It's our lack of scoring that is losing us games.

There not playing good enough for us to get a lead in a game. Haven't looked at the stats but I'd be curious to know how many times we've scored first. Also your looking at the main problem instead of what's causing it. Yes we're not scoring 5 on 5 but that is due to our defence. Our forwards are trying to make perfect plays down low and have no confidence in anyone besides Schultz to be able to throw it to the point. On top of that our team can't rely on an effective cycle so we need to find a way to cause more turnovers. Which clogging up the neutral zone and forcing a bad pass will do. If anyone could look up the turnovers for and against the Oilers, I'd like to see them as I'm sure we'll have a significant amount more then the teams playing against us.

JMecc

Oct 19, 2011
Edmonton
Jeff Carter was just yelling at a linesman in Calgary for getting in the way along the boards - already forgetting the reason he could celebrate yesterday?

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Hartikainen but the guy doesn't seem the least bit interested in laying the body on anyone anymore. He's great behind the net but this team needs some physical play from some of the fwds and if not Hartikainen, then someone else in that roster spot imo.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Judging by his (Fister) play this season, he is in my opinion. Most consistant defensman on the team. Just amazing in his own zone. Leans on players and knocks them off the puck better than I've seen on this team in years. Defensive assassin!
I agree with that. I see a little of Souray's game in the way Fistric steps into guys.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
Jeff Carter was just yelling at a linesman in Calgary for getting in the way along the boards - already forgetting the reason he could celebrate yesterday?
It seemed as though the Oilers were going to lose from the 10:00 mark of the 1st period onwards. Huge contrast to the game against Colorado where it still seemed as though they had a good chance when they were down by 3. Jeff Carter was just playing against the right team at the right time.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I'm a big fan of Hartikainen but the guy doesn't seem the least bit interested in laying the body on anyone anymore. He's great behind the net but this team needs some physical play from some of the fwds and if not Hartikainen, then someone else in that roster spot imo.

Well Teemu isn't the fastest player out there, that definitely hinders his ability to lay checks consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad