Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-1 : I ain't even mad

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MadMax82*

Are they though?

As painful as it is to watch them not be hilight stars they're learning. Unfortunately they have no shelter. But going out against top lins and not getting blown out by players who have more NHL games then the 3 combined. Yes it is progressing. WOuld i like to see the kids score all the time yes. Will it happen no.

Im more concerned with the make up of the bottom 6 and the D.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well the linesman was directly involved in kicking the puck back to a LA player... This time they had a direct impact on the game.

Yeah who woulda thunk a bunch of young kids would struggle against veterans...

Well, that's the problem. It's a bunch of young kids with similar skillsets with no veteran support. How long should we wait for the kids to mature?
It's just frustrating seeing them encounter the same exact problems that they experienced the last couple of seasons. They are a little better for sure but it's like watching a rerun every time they play teams like the Kings. Too young, small and soft, it has been the same old problems for years.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
I hate blaming officials but when it comes down to a play like that at the blueline and then BOOM a goal against you better believe that I'm going to blame that inept zebra.

The BOOM u speak of was a team not back checking hard..not getting a puck in deep.......not being able to pass the puck up ice when The defense have full control..and a TEAM that again could not score 5-5 ......maybe a goal or two 5 on 5 and this team don't put themselves in that position to

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Well that was a ****** ending.

On the bright side, maybe there's just a stage along the path of going from a ****** team to a good one where we have a bunch of of close games and go to overtime a ridiculous amount of times like we were earlier on or lose because of dumb bounces off the ref... I hope.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer
Sam Gagner didn't want to talk about the bad bounce at the end. Said the way they played, they deserved the outcome they got.

I'm still steaming about that ****ing linesman but I really appreciate Sam's attitude here.

MadMax82*

Please...the Oilers created almost nothing in this game. Thats what really cost them the game.

Fair enough. But this is the NHL. That play happened with less than a minute left in the third with a 1-1 game/ Had it append in the 2nd period sure they woulda had 30 mins to regain that goal. But this is the NHL. Goal aren't that easy to come by

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Oh lord, can you guys please stop blaming the linesmen and the refs?
The bottom line is that the top 6 consistently struggles against teams like the Kings in tight checking games. They just don't have the size and strength to fight through it, it's hard to watch actually.
The Kings didn't do much either but the point was that they didn't need to do much. They simply cruised to the win, it looked easy for them.

Exactly.
Its a reality that will not go away until Tambo wakes the 'F' up.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
At some point Oilers fans have to stop blaming the refs or linesmen for a loss........there is no league wide conspiracy theory to make the Oilers lose......good teams fight through clutch and grab play.....good management provides a team with the proper pieces to compete in any type of game.....time to stop blaming anyone but the players , coaches and management

Meh I don't see many people saying we lost only because of refs. It was a contributing factor. I think your overreacting, I don't think anyone said there is a conspiracy or anything.

Anyone can see that this team is quite unbalanced in the top-6 and D that lacks enough puck movers.

MadMax82*

Well, that's the problem. It's a bunch of young kids with similar skillsets with no veteran support. How long should we wait for the kids to mature?
It's just frustrating seeing them encounter the same exact problems that they experienced the last couple of seasons. They are a little better for sure but it's like watching a rerun every time they play teams like the Kings. Too young, small and soft, it has been the same old problems for years.

I figure i would give the kids until they were all at least legal drinking age in the USA.

But your right. THeve all prolly busted and hit their peaks before there 23rd birthdays

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Fair enough. But this is the NHL. That play happened with less than a minute left in the third with a 1-1 game/ Had it append in the 2nd period sure they woulda had 30 mins to regain that goal. But this is the NHL. Goal aren't that easy to come by

Refs are part of the game...stuff happens. Always has and always will.

Good teams do not put themselves in a position like that.

Its nothing but an excuse IMO.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Oh how I think back to that small span when Lowe got Spacek, etc and filled some holes quickly.

I wonder when this team will somehow get an upgrade somehow. Yeah it is harder with the cap, but some tough decisions will need to be made.

I kind of expected Yak to be more visible in a lot of games as well honestly. I rarely notice him that much. I know he is a rookie, but I thought he would control more play along the boards since he seems pretty strong. He almost seems too quick with his stick and loses the puck a lot.

MadMax82*

Sure it's an excuse. Its a valid excuse. Had the puck entered the zone would the play even have made it back into the oilers end before the period? We won't know. But the Lineman did have a direct influence on how the game ended.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
The BOOM u speak of was a team not back checking hard..not getting a puck in deep.......not being able to pass the puck up ice when The defense have full control..and a TEAM that again could not score 5-5 ......maybe a goal or two 5 on 5 and this team don't put themselves in that position to
Of course, but when you see a linesman impeding a play like that (and looking ****ing stupid while doing so) it's going to elicit some frustration.

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
Oh how I think back to that small span when Lowe got Spacek, etc and filled some holes quickly.

I wonder when this team will somehow get an upgrade somehow. Yeah it is harder with the cap, but some tough decisions will need to be made.

I kind of expected Yak to be more visible in a lot of games as well honestly. I rarely notice him that much. I know he is a rookie, but I thought he would control more play along the boards since he seems pretty strong. He almost seems too quick with his stick and loses the puck a lot.

The 06 team was a cap team also. Not really a good excuse.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
As painful as it is to watch them not be hilight stars they're learning. Unfortunately they have no shelter. But going out against top lins and not getting blown out by players who have more NHL games then the 3 combined. Yes it is progressing. WOuld i like to see the kids score all the time yes. Will it happen no.

Im more concerned with the make up of the bottom 6 and the D.

I'm starting to wonder if the organization is still placing too much on their plates considering they're still in their entry level deals. But then agan, it's not like playing Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky is an option anymore. The Veteran support is poor. I like Hemsky, but I can't help to wonder what good things would happen if you traded him for some top 6 size.

Tambellini is a much more patient man than I. For his sake I hope that Lowe/MacT/Katz are as well.

MadMax82*

Good teams do not put themselves in a position like that.

OK so your saying LA is a bad team then Correct?

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I see what Gagner is saying, but they deserved 1 point.

The Kings did not do anything special aside from running around for 5 minutes that would make me believe they deserved a regulation win.

The Perfect Human*

Yeah we had 19 scoring chances. Doesn't help when like 15 of them are for Hall. Dude has zero finish.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Meh I don't see many people saying we lost only because of refs. It was a contributing factor. I think your overreacting, I don't think anyone said there is a conspiracy or anything.

Anyone can see that this team is quite unbalanced in the top-6 and D that lacks enough puck movers.

We have too many posters on this board that make excuses for a loss....at some point the fans have to demand more from the players and management......excuses are for losers......or a by product of a loser mentality .....

MadMax82*

I'm starting to wonder if the organization is still placing too much on their plates considering they're still in their entry level deals. But then agan, it's not like playing Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky is an option anymore. The Veteran support is poor. I like Hemsky, but I can't help to wonder what good things would happen if you traded him for some top 6 size.

Tambellini is a much more patient man than I. For his sake I hope that Lowe/MacT/Katz are as well.

I would say the kids need help.

Who was the LA player that put LA up 1 nothing?

THe PP is easy to defend because their is no threat from the point to worry about.

Its not different then the 5-5. If you can contain lines 1-2 your most likely going to beat the oilers night in and night out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad