Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-1 : I ain't even mad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Agreed...Hall wasn't part of the problem tonight.

But he is part of the problem this season. He's supposed to be a goal scorer and the oilers can't score. No one should be immune from critique on this team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Petry has been inconsistent this year and it has hurt us. Tambo was banking on him being a top pairing guy, and he hasn't been. Tambo was also banking on Whitney bouncing back.. and he hasn't.

No insurance. Didn't make a hockey trade to bring someone in.

Fistric has been good though, i'll give him that.

You realize these two lines contradict each other...

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
Oil were once again outshot, bad on the dot, gave too many pucks away and basically relied on the PP to create the only solid offense they could muster... and once again relying on a hot goalie to keep them in the game.

It's like turning the clock back before the last 2 games which they were great in.

Agreed. Same old story that has plaged them all year. Wonder if Tambo caught the game?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No... how did LA do prior to there miracle run last year? I mean according to this site an 8th place team that gets to the SCF is a no good team..

How long has kopitar been in the league?

And T-funk

what do you think a 1st rounder will get the oilers that willl help?

Are you seriously comparing the LA roster to the Oilers?

That team was built for the playoffs. The Oilers were built for river hockey which doesn't win squat.

I think that Tambo needs to realize that you cant keep stockpiling draft picks and prospects with the hope it will all work out. Once you have established a core then these assets should be used to balance the team.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
How does a team like montreal turn it around so quickly and this team seems content to suck for so long?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

That team was built for the playoffs. The Oilers were built for river hockey which doesn't win squat.

I think that Tambo needs to realize that you cant keep stockpiling draft picks and prospects with the hope it will all work out. Once you have established a core then these assets should be used to balance the team.

We have no idea if it wins squat as we have had a succession of coaches that don't believe in it.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Frustrates me how they still try the cross-crease stuff. Schultz has a cannon... Use it. Seems like this team is allergic to the greasy garbage goals.

It's so cliche, but yeah, get it to the point and let it go. Keep it simple. I'd like to see them get more than the 24 shots they had tonight.

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
How does a team like montreal turn it around so quickly and this team seems content to suck for so long?

Good drafting outside the 1st round.

Addressed toughness in the top 9 (Prust).

Brought in some actual D from overseas AND having more than 5 actual NHL D.

..need I go on? Thats exactly what sets them apart from us.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
But he is part of the problem this season. He's supposed to be a goal scorer and the oilers can't score. No one should be immune from critique on this team.

He is a very young player...years away from his prime. His game definitely needs refining but just imagine if every player on this team had his heart.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
We have no idea if it wins squat as we have had a succession of coaches that don't believe in it.

NHL history is a very good teacher. Smart hockey and solid defence wins championships...always has. Wide open river hockey is exciting and pretty to watch but its a fools game.

MadMax82*

No i think you need to go back and see what kind of team LA had when they started their rebuild. Oilers have entered there 4th year of a 5 year process to make playoffs

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003

The playoffs which they probably won't make, so what's your point?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No i think you need to go back and see what kind of team LA had when they started their rebuild. Oilers have entered there 4th year of a 5 year process to make playoffs

Pretty sure it was a 5 year process to be legitimate cup contenders. They aren't even close.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Blah. It was a fun game to watch...especially Hall. The Oilers still have some work to do in a few places, but they'll come around. Oilers did a good job in keeping it close.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Ya! How dare our leading point scorer not generate more offense. Any scrub can be over a PPG. Hall should at least be at 2 PPG... It's not all about the number of goals a guy scores. Hall's creating chances, and setting up others.

You sound like a Bruins fan trying to defend Seguin

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Good drafting outside the 1st round.

Addressed toughness in the top 9 (Prust).

Brought in some actual D from overseas AND having more than 5 actual NHL D.

..need I go on? Thats exactly what sets them apart from us.

They have a GM that isn't afraid to make a mistake.

Ad

Ad

Ad