Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-1 : I ain't even mad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Can't win if you don't have the puck. We started without it too much tonight. Can't win if you don't shoot, either. And if you don't score 5 on 5.

Basically, you can't win if you're wearing orange and blue. We're still relying on the kids too much. Need more from lines 3 and 4.

OILFAN #81

Apr 14, 2006
San Jose, California
This team really sucks. Defense is AHL level making Dubnyk/Khabibulin do everything. On top of that the forwards don't come back nearly enough resulting in tons of odd man chances against. Every damn game they take forever getting the puck out of the defensive one. They are the worst at that. Teams can't score on you when you get the puck out when you have a chance. The cutesy plays, or weak clearing attempts are terrible. 3 more home games and then a 9 game road trip. Team could be too far behind after the next 12 games.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
c'mon refs ffs, can you make the corruption a little less obvious.

Btw: eberle's defensive play is beginning to become a serious liability to this team. I would like to see Yak move up with nuge and hall, and eberle move down to work on his overall play and hopefully benefit of Gagner and hemsky's hot streaks.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
The top 6 is just fine the way it is, eh guys?
Could it be any more obvious that they constantly get exposed by teams like the Kings. You just knew the script going into the game, that the Kings would dictate the pace and that it would be a low scoring snoozefest. Just Gross. I have so little hope for this team because of games like this.

No mention of Eberle's lazy, lazy, lazy defensive play on the GWG?

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Going to go with a 3-2 Loss tonight.

I think a Smyth and Yakupov goal are in order though.

I predict that Stoll, Carter, and Doughty will score for the kings.

I think the shots will be fairly even but we are going to absolutely get decimated in the faceoff circle.

Almost got the score, got 2 of 3 LA scorers.

Totally wrong on the shots lmao, i expected better after the avalanche game.

And can somebody tell me the faceoff stats, i can't find them :P

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
You just knew they would put up a stinker for the most part.

Same old story. Glorious chances to start the game. No finish whatsoever.

Whitney brutal as usual. This guy is a borderline hockey player right now. The more he sits on the bench the better. I would rather have a guy who is faster and can skate than this guy. Horrible.

Fell fast asleep in the second.

Just when you think they just might get on a small role, they can't win that second game.

Refs were brutal as usual tonight. Tons of missed calls.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Not enough concistent effort.

Krueger sucks at mixing lines. Sucks at the right time to pull the goalie.

Oilers need a young hulking forward.

They need Whitney off this team.

Terrible third line.

Linesmen can suck a fat one!

ON a positive note!

Great game by Hall, Khabi and Fister!

I'm going to bed with a sour taste in my mouth!

:rant:

I feel like commiting a crime now!
I dunno... he was turning the puck over all friggin night. Probably in double digit territory.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
The Oilers still can't play against teams that employ this.... style.

And it's hideous that it came down to a linesman impeding a play at the blueline. I've seen linesmen and referees interrupting far too many play this year and it's inexcusable.

And it'll never change. NHL Referee has got to be the easiest job in the world from a pressure standpoint. Never have to worry about getting in **** for a terrible performance.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Yeah picked 2-0 but this is same result.

Eberle has been a passenger in a few games this year and I'm wondering if he needs some time on the 3rd line.

Once again, the type of game where you want secondary scoring and the 3rd and 4th lines didn't even look close to generating a scoring chance.

Oilers get what 2 PPs all game long, if LA is able to keep us to the outside and then clutch and grab, then obviously they win.

I do like the cycle game of the top line but again, no net presence. hall RNH and Eberle all chase the puck all game long.

If they want Harti to be Holmstrom, then use him like Holmstrom.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Clutch assist by the linesman there. Broke up the play and played it perfectly in transition.

jalbert

Feb 5, 2013
Moose Jaw, SK
Does anyone know where those refs/linesmen live? I want to give them a congratulatory flaming poop bag on their front step for doing such a good job tonight. Well deserved if you asked me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad