Confirmed with Link: Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & Executive VP- press conference at 10:30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Bowman and Kennedy spoke everyday. Oh interesting, everyday. So how about the tough calls and the relationship with the two people that were assaulted by Aldrich? Including the minor as well as beach.

Im old enough to remember when Chris Simon called Mike Grier the N word. He didn't only "put in a lot of work with an anti racism advocacy".

He flew to Edmonton, no phone call, and apologized to Grier in person, apparently crying. I can imagine that was not an easy meeting. It's exaclty what is required of bowman.

Kennedy has one. I just read it.

Kennedy has one. I just read it.
I can't speak for the minor, but Bowman said he spoke to Beach last night, and it sounds like there has been a working relationship with Kyle Beach.

Jeff Jackson just said he did not hire the players - that worries me about Draisaitl and McDavid's futures here to be honest.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Jackson didn't speak to the players about Bowman's hiring. Straight from Jackson's mouth two seconds ago.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
You’ve decided not to give him a chance so now you resort to making things up to hate him

"BOWMAN IS SCUM AND SHOULD NEVER BE IN THE LEAGUE AGAIN"

"Looks like he did a lot of work in this area voluntarily, learned a lot, and got a ringing endorsement from the preeminent voice in the area. Also talked to Beach and got his blessing."

"HE MUST HAVE PAID THEM OFF!!!"

Just absolute f***ing nonsense.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Be careful
If your opinion is different than the Oiler paid, kool-aid drinking cult and you express it too passionately. Your posts will get edited or deleted and you might even get called a raging racist!

Ha ha
The powers that be have been around long enough to know Im right so it shouldnt be an issue; be careful yourself though, this post might teeter on the line lmao

Good luck this season ROF

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
That was the organization.

It's not a conspiracy, it's common f***ing sense. Just think about it for like 10 second.

f*** Stan Bowman, this hire is atrocious and the team should be viewed poorly because of this garbage choice.
What? An organization doesn’t write a recommendation letter. I write them all the time. It’s you personally vouching for a person.

(It’s f***ed that Quenneville did write one)

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Yikes Jeff didn' talk to any of the players about the hire.

Yeah but his point is they don't care about this and don't want to be distracted by this. Makes sense to me. Why would I let that be a focus in my game when I should only be focusing on playing the game? Players want to play. They don't care about management.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I don't think some people understand that even though the Sheldon Kennedy report paints a picture of Bowman as a man that is trying to rehab his image and regardless of his actual role in the sexual abuse scandal, it's bad PR for the Oilers to make this move. It forces members of the team to answer these questions, creates an unnecessary distraction for the organization and alienates a portion of the fanbse. On top of it, he has a poor record as a GM after his initial good start with the Blackhawks.

Point being? It frustrates me to read a few posters telling other posters who are baffled by this to basically shut it and even worse for the media to polish this turd by posting the Kennedy article to appease the fanbase to somehow justify this.
It was a tone deaf hiring at best and a scummy one at worst. If the guy was really good at his job at his previous stop, I can sort of see it being worth the trouble but that wasn't the case so what exactly is the point of this hiring?
I will never understand until I see Bowman makes some moves that make me think otherwise. Until then, everybody has a right to be skeptical or even angry and not be told that they're wrong for feeling that way.

And the presser is behind a paywall so only a portion of the fanbase can see it?
More tone deafness if true.
Customer service is not one of the EOG's priorities. But 1440 has it on.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
"BOWMAN IS SCUM AND SHOULD NEVER BE IN THE LEAGUE AGAIN"

"Looks like he did a lot of work in this area voluntarily, learned a lot, and got a ringing endorsement from the preeminent voice in the area. Also talked to Beach and got his blessing."

"HE MUST HAVE PAID THEM OFF!!!"

Just absolute f***ing nonsense.
Shit I still don't like the hire but I agree.
He has done a ton of work from the sounds of it which is good, it will help prevent stuff like this in the future.
I still don't believe he should be hired here for a multitude of reasons but it does sound like he has put it work to come back to the NHL. I just think there were better options.

Reactions: frag2 and McBooya42

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Shit I still don't like the hire but I agree.
He has done a ton of work from the sounds of it which is good, it will help prevent stuff like this in the future.
I still don't believe he should be hired here for a multitude of reasons but it does sound like he has put it work to come back to the NHL. I just think there were better options.

I don't like the hire either, but good lord some people. Entrench themselves so deep in an opinion that any pertinent fact that might go against their position is excused away.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
This press conference shows exactly why this was a terrible hire. Everything is about his sketchy past.

So throwing it all out there and not hiding it is a poor strategy? Maybe we should just forget the Kyle Beach incident and pretend it never happened? This was their way to get it out there so people know what's been said.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
😂 "were working on improving the culture of hockey".

My man you are the definition of hockey culture. "look I said sorry, cool?"
This is the group he was working with. Go read what they do.
Its far more then him just saying "sorry bro".

The founder of the company Sheldon Kennedy is a sexual assault survivor from his coach. This is the guy that Bowman was working with daily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad