Confirmed with Link: Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & Executive VP- press conference at 10:30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I do want to believe that from him, but I do also wonder if a donation was made as well.

Kennedy's "endorsement" is not enough, either way.

"I don't like that this goes against what I want to believe (Bowman is irredeemable vile scum), so it must be a conspiracy!"

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
What'd really make me switch teams to cheer for is if McDrai choose not to sign here because of the JJ hire.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
The more things change, the more they stay the same. There needs to be a serious purge of the Oilers front office. All the old boys need to be sent glacier drifting.
It's league wide though. How the f*** did Eakins get a second chance?

This league loves rehiring the same old tired garbage.

I'm willing to bet Bowman was the only GM who would agree to keep the coaching staff untouched.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Oh dear... I don't like this. Not a good look for OEG at all. This is a move by Jackson that feels entirely wrong for very obvious reasons.

Casting all his dirty laundry aside and does anyone think Bowman is an upgrade on Holland? I'm not convinced he is. This just feels like more of the same to me.

That being said I thought that Kris K was going to be a bad hire and that worked out wonderfully. Who the heck knows... Maybe this will end up working well too. Jackson knows things.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Bowman and Kennedy spoke everyday. Oh interesting, everyday. So how about the tough calls and the relationship with the two people that were assaulted by Aldrich? Including the minor as well as beach.

Im old enough to remember when Chris Simon called Mike Grier the N word. He didn't only "put in a lot of work with an anti racism advocacy".

He flew to Edmonton, no phone call, and apologized to Grier in person, apparently crying. I can imagine that was not an easy meeting. It's exaclty what is required of bowman.

Apparently the whole Bowman giving a recommendation letter didn't actually happen.
Kennedy has one. I just read it.

Apparently the whole Bowman giving a recommendation letter didn't actually happen.

Reactions: The Nuge

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Bowman and Kennedy spoke everyday. Oh interesting, everyday. So how about the tough calls and the relationship with the two people that were assaulted by Aldrich? Including the minor as well as beach.

Im old enough to remember when Chris Simon called Mike Grier the N word. He didn't only "put in a lot of work with an anti racism advocacy".

He flew to Edmonton, no phone call, and apologized to Grier in person, apparently crying. I can imagine that was not an easy meeting. It's exaclty what is required of bowman.

HE says he has talked to beach.
What did Bowman do to the minor? He didn't write a recommendation or anything with that. Thats on Quennville.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's league wide though. How the f*** did Eakins get a second chance?

This league loves rehiring the same old tired garbage.

I'm willing to bet Bowman was the only GM who would agree to keep the coaching staff untouched.
Eakins was just a poor coach, as far as I know he doesn't carry any of the baggage that Bowman does. But most NHL teams are poorly run. The ones that aren't tend to be the champions.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Idc who lends him support or wants to spin this to his favour. Does Kyle support him being reinstated? Until I hear support from the victim himself I will stand by my opinion. There are things in life bigger than hockey and he should banned for life from any professional sports. Now he gets gifted the best GM job in the league with a team ready to raise a cup. This is so sickening on so many levels. I mean it not a red cent until he’s gone.
There was way more than 1 victim of Brad Aldrich and some allegedly after the meeting Bowman had about the situation. There's another player in the block & Jenner report called black ace 1, that player is still suing the Blackhawks. Interns alleged he was innaproriate with them including one saying it happened during the cup parade according to the report. They're people Bowman could of helped if Aldrich was already gone by that point like he should have. Then as others here pointed out, there's the high schooler Aldrich was convicted by and also Aldrich allegedly assaulted 2 players he coached at the college Miami of Ohio. If you say you want victims voices to approve it, I would think you want more than Kyle Beach.

But even as a GM, Bowman undeniably failed 2 prospects that could of developed. It was an issue all around as a GM.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

He said he worked with Kyle on occasions.

Reactions: oilers'72

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Bowman should definitely harass Beach and call him daily to check that box for you.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
"I don't like that this goes against what I want to believe (Bowman is irredeemable vile scum), so it must be a conspiracy!"
??? What do you mean?

It can be both things, Kennedy trying to be sincerely, while also getting a donation for his very good cause, right?

Like Bowman has shown VERY little in terms of his growth from what happened, and that letter of recommendation is still a MAJOR problem, because he helped to cause more abuse to occur.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
So far what Jeff Jackson and Stan Bowman has said, I am liking what I am hearing. Learn from mistakes, move forward with a better stronger hockey culture that will hopefully never cause the same incident as it did before. I do feel he wants to improve. No doubt about it.

dem

Mar 17, 2002

You understand Stan Bowman didn't rape somebody, right?

This was an organizational failure. Stan Bowman was a part of it.

Reactions: TheNumber4

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Im talking about the minor that got assaulted. ORiginally it was reported that Bowman wrote a letter of recommendation for Aldrich that got him that second job. That however was a lie but the media didn't run with the correction so everyone remembers the original report.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Bowman should definitely harass Beach and call him daily to check that box for you.
Im not saying call him daily. I'm saying it's comical how everyone acts like calls with Kennedy daily is "putting in the work". Kennedy is NOT the victim here.

Reactions: oilers'72

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
??? What do you mean?

It can be both things, Kennedy trying to be sincerely, while also getting a donation for his very good cause, right?

Like Bowman has shown VERY little in terms of his growth from what happened, and that letter of recommendation is still a MAJOR problem, because he helped to cause more abuse to occur.

What letter of recommendation? That was Quennville.

You're suggesting that it's a conspiracy that Sheldon Kennedy wrote that recommendation and flew to Edmonton because there was some sort of donation that you, and you only are theorizing was made.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad