Confirmed with Link: Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & Executive VP- press conference at 10:30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
??? What do you mean?

It can be both things, Kennedy trying to be sincerely, while also getting a donation for his very good cause, right?

Like Bowman has shown VERY little in terms of his growth from what happened, and that letter of recommendation is still a MAJOR problem, because he helped to cause more abuse to occur.
That letter of recommendation never happened.

Reactions: oilers'72

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Yes he covered up for the rapist. The rapist then raped a kid. I understand that. Do you?

How STAN BOWMAN cover it up?
You understand he is just one person, right? There is a whole organization over there. The GM is a HOCKEY job.

Where was the President of the Blackhawks who told Stan he would handle it?
Where was the HR department?
Hell.. where were the police?

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Account date may not suggest it but Im plenty familiar with who they are; this isnt their first nor will it be their last attempt to portray others as worse fans for not believing the same as them
Be careful
If your opinion is different than the Oiler paid, kool-aid drinking cult and you express it too passionately. Your posts will get edited or deleted and you might even get called a raging racist!

Ha ha

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Does every reference you give for someone get cleared by your boss?

What would you prefer he did?
Not lean so hard on "something something Sheldon Kennedy" like that has anything to do with the situation.

People here are so naive do you have any idea the type of money these npos can pull in?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What letter of recommendation? That was Quennville.

You're suggesting that it's a conspiracy that Sheldon Kennedy wrote that recommendation and flew to Edmonton because there was some sort of donation that you, and you only are theorizing was made.
That was the organization.

It's not a conspiracy, it's common f***ing sense. Just think about it for like 10 second.

f*** Stan Bowman, this hire is atrocious and the team should be viewed poorly because of this garbage choice.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
You understand he is just one person, right? There is a whole organization over there. The GM is a HOCKEY job.

Why did he give a good bill of health for a rapist? Why did he give him a glowing review for his next job?

Reactions: ConnorNova0929

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't think some people understand that even though the Sheldon Kennedy report paints a picture of Bowman as a man that is trying to rehab his image and regardless of his actual role in the sexual abuse scandal, it's bad PR for the Oilers to make this move. It forces members of the team to answer these questions, creates an unnecessary distraction for the organization and alienates a portion of the fanbse. On top of it, he has a poor record as a GM after his initial good start with the Blackhawks.

Point being? It frustrates me to read a few posters telling other posters who are baffled by this to basically shut it and even worse for the media to polish this turd by posting the Kennedy article to appease the fanbase to somehow justify this.
It was a tone deaf hiring at best and a scummy one at worst. If the guy was really good at his job at his previous stop, I can sort of see it being worth the trouble but that wasn't the case so what exactly is the point of this hiring?
I will never understand until I see Bowman makes some moves that make me think otherwise. Until then, everybody has a right to be skeptical or even angry and not be told that they're wrong for feeling that way.

And the presser is behind a paywall so only a portion of the fanbase can see it?
More tone deafness if true.
I'm watching it and I don't pay for Oilers+.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Im not saying call him daily. I'm saying it's comical how everyone acts like calls with Kennedy daily is "putting in the work". Kennedy is NOT the victim here.
He was talking with and working with Kennedy and his group that works to prevent things like that from happening.
Its him learning, growing and trying to attone to prevent it from happening again. All he can do with Kyle is apologize, which he apparently did. What else can he do other than work on growing and helping prevent what happened to kyle happen to others.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton

I think he failed to protect his player, which I believe is part of his job as head of hockey ops. Where was he when Beach was getting bullied? After he found out the full scope, did he stand up, call that employer and let him know concerns.

I think he failed as a person and GM in that moment.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Not lean so hard on "something something Sheldon Kennedy" like that has anything to do with the situation.

People here are so naive do you have any idea the type of money these npos can pull in?

Ok. Again, what specifically should he do to appease you? I've heard several times what acts of restitution you deem invalid, still haven't heard what he was supposed to do to appease you.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Yeah, I think CupOfOil has it right. Even if Bowman has changed and should be forgiven, why do the Oilers need to do this? Are there really no other candidates out there? That in itself is interesting to me.
When do the rumors start that teams were offering more term and money for Bowman's services?

ConnorNova0929

Feb 25, 2023
Yeah, I think CupOfOil has it right. Even if Bowman has changed and should be forgiven, why do the Oilers need to do this? Are there really no other candidates out there? That in itself is interesting to me.

100%. And why as a GM and VP right away? This guy covered up an assault. This allowed a sexual predator to get a job working with minors where he committed more sexual assaults.

This minimizing of what Bowman actually did is gross but to be expected from the lackey Oilers fans out there.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
That was the organization.

It's not a conspiracy, it's common f***ing sense. Just think about it for like 10 second.

f*** Stan Bowman, this hire is atrocious and the team should be viewed poorly because of this garbage choice.
You’ve decided not to give him a chance so now you resort to making things up to hate him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad