Confirmed with Link: Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & Executive VP- press conference at 10:30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
That's not remotely what I am saying, glad you are getting your exercise in jumping to conclusions though. I'm saying the hire shouldn't have happened at all.

Time to just start blocking people - I can't believe people are defending this hire. Wild.

Where did I say I'm defending anything? Only thing I am defending is the over-reacts from people who can't seem to understand people make mistakes and when they try to improve, why shouldn't someone be given a second chance? But go ahead, block me if you wish. I don't mind.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I can’t believe that some people think parading the victim around and juicing him with token jobs is the correct approach.
Parading? If he's a scout or soenthing that parading? Asking would you still like to be a part of an NHL org is parading?

"token job" yeah have a wife and kids and see how easy it is to turn down a dream job where you can make a fortune.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Parading? If he's a scout or soenthing that parading? Asking would you still like to be a part of an NHL org is parading?

"token job" yeah have a wife and kids and see how easy it is to turn down a dream job where you can make a fortune.

How much do you think scouts make?

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
I think he did but might be protecting them by saying he did not. Because if he said yes, McDavid would be getting calls now

If we need to feel like we have to protect our players from the potential outcomes, then one has to question the decision in the first place.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
It sounded like bowman said thank you to “Gary buttman” in his extremely long intro speech

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

maybe several teams have asked and he wants nothing to do with the sport and wants to move on with his life

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
so no one deserves a 2nd chance in your opinion?
f***ing stupid premise.

He's not working his way up, running a Junior A team, trying to do things the right way and improve. Learning and working his way back.

He's stepping in to the NHL, as a GM to a top contending team. He should EARN his second chance.

This is just handing him it because time passed.

Donner

Jul 16, 2022
Bowman was the one who traded 2 1sts, a recent drafted top pick and a 2nd for Seth Jones, then signed him for 9.5Mil. This is all when it was known Jones wasnt a great D

Nurse and Jones are similar D with similar bad contracts. Its just that Bowman traded big FOR Jones and then gave him a passive contract. Holland already had Nurse and just signed him to a bad contract

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Bowman was the one who traded 2 1sts, a recent drafted top pick and a 2nd for Seth Jones, then signed him for 9.5Mil. This is all when it was known Jones wasnt a great D

Nurse and Jones are similar D with similar bad contracts. Its just that Bowman traded big FOR Jones and then gave him a passive contract. Holland already had Nurse and just signed him to a bad contract
Hey at least we signed the GM that Holland insisted he not squeeze.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad