Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Is Draisaitl the best passer in Oiler history? I never got to see Gretzky or Weight.

The pass to Nuge was obviously perfect but he made 2 beauty passes under pressure to send us on 2 on 1s that didn't get converted. Just an amazing player.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Is Draisaitl the best passer in Oiler history? I never got to see Gretzky or Weight.

The pass to Nuge was obviously perfect but he made 2 beauty passes under pressure to send us on 2 on 1s that didn't get converted. Just an amazing player.
I mean I think Gretz is in his own stratosphere in league history, let alone Oilers history.

But for sure, with the pace of today's game Leon is an amazing disher.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I wouldn't read too much into what they're saying right after a big loss.

At the same time, I honestly don't think any of our guys would talk like that. Knob for sure wouldn't be as agitated as PD, but Knob is an even-keel individual.
I thought Dallas was done when they went down 2-0 to vegas losing two at home. Then again when they squandered leads in games 1,2 against Colorado.

Dallas have always been a strange group and such peaks and valleys. Often in same series. Not sure what to think about them. Ultimately what happens in a series is one team ends up having more players rowing and contributing. Dallas isn't finding that.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Haha, it’s Gretzky easily

You're obviously probably right. I'm just on a high from last night's win. But Gretzky just seems like a guy who was too good at everything. Obviously it isn't close as a playmaker but if we isolate it to just passing, I wonder if it's a bit closer.

Reactions: McDoused

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

It’s 99 but drai is best in the nhl imo. Probably second best oiler passer ever

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Gretz was. With Drai he's often static in his drawing players to him and then making the pass. He's clinical and surgical with that pass, just like Gretz was. What separates them, and what Gretz did almost all the time is he'd be moving and creating opening and D cover challenges through his motion and then surgically pass to the opening he just created with his movement. Drai does that sometimes but more often he's static or skating along wing when he makes that sort of pass.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If Broberg developed sooner. We are looking at 8M a piece for him and Bouchard. Maybe it’s blessing in disguise he’s coming into his own at the right time when we are cap crunch

Might be a bit early to be handing out 8 sheets to Broberg.

But Bouchard might cost us 10 per on a long term deal now.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Missing Jack this playoffs
me-when-oilers-are-on-hnic-v0-jzh0ocyw4udc1.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Going down 2-0 last game awoke the dragon. The realization that if they lost game 4 it would be season over has been burned into their brain, they seem totally dialed in since, even Skinner, 110 minutes between goals.
Dallas are sometimes partly at fault for their own difficulties. Up 2-0 in game 4 they had quite a few chances and Hintz particularly missed on a breakaway. In former times it was considered bad to miss net on a breakaway. To squander chances. Dallas do that a lot and it hasn't stopped since. They dig themselves in holes with scoring futility. On another play that game Dadonov is wide open, trips over his skates 3X and doesn't even get the breakaway.

Last night early Pavelski walks a D, has a wide open shot from slot and misses by 3 feet. Go through the list of Duchene, Marchment, Pavey etc and they've failed their team. Huge credit to Oilers for limiting the Dallas chances. Biggest Dallas fail though is their PP. Last night, home game, Dallas start out first period missing the net on shots around 6X. In a game where chances will be few you can't be doing that continually.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
You're obviously probably right. I'm just on a high from last night's win. But Gretzky just seems like a guy who was too good at everything. Obviously it isn't close as a playmaker but if we isolate it to just passing, I wonder if it's a bit closer.
Understood, Drai is more comparable in that sense, but I’d even put Coffey ahead if you really want a comparison there.

Reactions: McDoused

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Dallas are sometimes partly at fault for their own difficulties. Up 2-0 in game 4 they had quite a few chances and Hintz particularly missed on a breakaway. In former times it was considered bad to miss net on a breakaway. To squander chances. Dallas do that a lot and it hasn't stopped since. They dig themselves in holes with scoring futility. On another play that game Dadonov is wide open, trips over his skates 3X and doesn't even get the breakaway.

Last night early Pavelski walks a D, has a wide open shot from slot and misses by 3 feet. Go through the list of Duchene, Marchment, Pavey etc and they've failed their team. Huge credit to Oilers for limiting the Dallas chances. Biggest Dallas fail though is their PP. Last night, home game, Dallas start out first period missing the net on shots around 6X. In a game where chances will be few you can't be doing that continually.
I will never forget DeBoer and Spott smirking on the bench after Dallas went up by two quick goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad