Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I picked Oilers in 7. I might be wrong. These people that do this for a living that unanimously picked the Stars is odd enough but guys like Spector picking them in 5 is Oilers hating agenda. spector should no longer have credentials to cover the Oilers because he cannot be objective or even fair about them and its been the case for a long while.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I picked Oilers in 7. I might be wrong. These people that do this for a living that unanimously picked the Stars is odd enough but guys like Spector picking them in 5 is Oilers hating agenda. spector should no longer have credentials to cover the Oilers because he cannot be objective or even fair about them and its been the case for a long while.
I swear Spector is trying to get fired to get a severance package from SN.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not a big EDM guy but when I kick it, it's old school Kraftwerk.

Couple of my modern favs:

Steve Aoki:

Tiesto:

Funny story (to me anyways), wifey selected a Cancun resort unintentional during Spring Break unintentionally with a week long electronica rave every night with Aoki, Tiesto and a ton of others. Partied my ass off while she sought safe haven in the room. lol.

I'm starting to smell some potential Oilers theme songs or 3. Love the Euro type trash!!:D:thumbu::D

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Broberg is an interesting case. If you ignore his NHL career so far, you have a player who is

- 22 years old
- Drafted 8th overall
- 6'4
- skates well
- 65 points and +23 in 87 AHL games

That sounds like a blue chip prospect, yet he got talked about like a bust. There is legit top pairing potential here isn't there?
Wait til coffey works his magic on him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Not a big EDM guy but when I kick it, it's old school Kraftwerk.

Couple of my modern favs:

Steve Aoki:

Tiesto:

Funny story (to me anyways), wifey selected a Cancun resort unintentional during Spring Break unintentionally with a week long electronica rave every night with Aoki, Tiesto and a ton of others. Partied my ass off while she sought safe haven in the room. lol.

Got into EDM a bit early but overall I was a bit too on the old side to be raving lol

Tiesto, liked some of the collaborations but more typically I went Brit EDM with Underworld, Leftfield, Massive Attack Orbital, that sort of thing. Standard stuff. Just felt EDM here was sometimes all the tracks sounding the same. This is going off field but I liked spaced out stuff like Boards of Canada that stuff hits me. Still does. I find their music so introspective, which is probably the opposite of rave. lol

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Morning all.
I apologize for derailing thread for a time last night. Certainly not my intention.

I responded to a poster that had previously got under my skin. As he (correctly) pointed out, it was not the proper time and I should have stopped there. Instead I escalated situation with my responses as I was a told I was negative.

Anyway, my heads out of my ass this morning and will enjoy the beautiful Saturday - celebrating an incredible performance - that it's shaping up to be.

Edit - perceived slight was not even enough to get riled up about. Apologize directly to you @Canovin
And thank you for all the continued support fellas. Especially TheNumber4
Reg, you are one of the most respected and level headed posters on this site, and have nothing but respect for you and your thoughts. Very well balanced and always respectful and never negative. Unfortunately, the poster in question that you "defended" yourself to, frequently fires out posts that have the effect of triggering even the most level headed person with their ridiculous ficticious comments. His personal dislike for a player overrides any type of reasonable conversation when it comes to a players performance on the ice. Twisting things around is the usual mantra.

Keep up the good work and know that you are well respected and liked.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I swear Spector is trying to get fired to get a severance package from SN.
He's stuck. Guy has been in a kind of fight with the org since Matheson and other guys like Rishaug got him there. Doesn't know how to disengage at all from that and now he's set in it. Happens to humans where they start hating something. I truly believe he hates the Oilers.

With Matheson its that he hates being old. With Matheson and Jones the best Oilers teams are always gonna be 80's and they don't want anything to interfere with that. In their minds a new Oilers cup winner tarnishes the old. Its a real weird view, but they appear to have it.

Gal once told me that you have to let go of the past to experience present sometimes. She was right.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Well, it's official. Over half of HF is dumb.

1000004780.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I’m honestly wondering whether it was a calculated response, go back to the room, these guys are questioning our character. Us against the world type of thing.
I said exactly the same. Calculated. But I think its a fault of Deboers that it was staged vs being real in the moment. Its the sort of thing he misses trajectory on. He's a bit odd as a hockey coach. I think he does stuff like that to fit in when really he doesn't. He should be himself. heh.

KK seems like the genuine article. But then KK hasn't been through the ringer. Deboer wants this so bad, and its frustrating when you want it and see players that don't. Dallas have a lot of Foegele level efforts in this series. Dobs has been left at the alter too many times. This is his last kick at the can.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I said exactly the same. Calculated. But I think its a fault of Deboers that it was staged vs being real in the moment. Its the sort of thing he misses trajectory on. He's a bit odd as a hockey coach. I think he does stuff like that to fit in when really he doesn't. He should be himself. heh.

KK seems like the genuine article. But then KK hasn't been through the wringer. Deboer wants this so bad, and its frustrating when you want it and see players that don't. Dallas have a lot of Foegele level efforts in this series. Dobs has been left at the alter too many times. This is his last kick at the can.
I have actually enjoy listening to his off day interviews. He is odd I agree, but an interesting guy to listen to.

As for the last kick at the can, maybe in Dallas, but that never seems to be the case with nhl coaches. There’s always another team seemingly willing to pay you despite your past performance

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
It’s amazing what a puck mover can do for you

Yep.

Nurse (even at his best) has never been a great QB/distributor of the puck. The one thing he can do well is rush the puck up the ice, but even that doesn't work when it's the only breakout opposition teams need to key in on.

It's the main reason why he always struggles when playing with guys like Larsson, Ceci, or Vinny: Nurse tries to do everything, and it just becomes a mess.

Meanwhile, it seems like this has been one aspect that Broberg's focused on down in Bakersfield. He could always skate the puck with the best of them, but his vision and anticipation are both massively improved.

Going back to Nurse, this is where getting him with Kulak is a massive upgrade. As Brett's quick enough to get to loose pucks and can headman the puck himself without having to look Nurse's way. The usual Nurse-Ceci special of getting hemmed in by a cycle for a minute+ followed by a clown show of a breakout just doesn't happen with Kulak on the ice.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I have actually enjoy listening to his off day interviews. He is odd I agree, but an interesting guy to listen to.

As for the last kick at the can, maybe in Dallas, but that never seems to be the case with nhl coaches. There’s always another team seemingly willing to pay you despite your past performance
He's been at the alter since 2012. I can't see someone still having the passion for it endlessly. Got there with NJ, with SJ< with Dallas, few coaches have brought several teams to the cup final. Gotta sting to never get a SC. I look at him and it doesn't seem like he's enjoying this anymore.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I live in the GTA (unfortunately)

So i had a chance to listen to FAN 590 this morning

It's crazy to me how anti Oilers the media here is. Not just national guys but I mean the guys on the radio, beat writers etc

Idk maybe its jealousy or something
The US loves the Oilers and Canada hates us. Thats such a Canadian type of thing. Whatever is good here can't possibly be good....heh

Was the same thing in the 80's. Back then national fans and media hated the Oilers and the Eskimos and we were the "Evil Empire"

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Dallas are sometimes partly at fault for their own difficulties. Up 2-0 in game 4 they had quite a few chances and Hintz particularly missed on a breakaway. In former times it was considered bad to miss net on a breakaway. To squander chances. Dallas do that a lot and it hasn't stopped since. They dig themselves in holes with scoring futility. On another play that game Dadonov is wide open, trips over his skates 3X and doesn't even get the breakaway.

Last night early Pavelski walks a D, has a wide open shot from slot and misses by 3 feet. Go through the list of Duchene, Marchment, Pavey etc and they've failed their team. Huge credit to Oilers for limiting the Dallas chances. Biggest Dallas fail though is their PP. Last night, home game, Dallas start out first period missing the net on shots around 6X. In a game where chances will be few you can't be doing that continually.
You're not wrong, Dallas being off helped in game 4, last night was a totally different story.

I hope there is a way for Gagner to get a few games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad