Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
This is kind of the problem with gambling and betting isn't it? Just because someone is favourited in odds doesn't make it a guarantee. Like if the odds were 60/40 Dallas isn't doesn't make you insane to bet on the 40, it just means you would get a better payout if you take the underdog.
True, but in Spector's case there was no payout.. he just made a prediction based on info available to him.

I guess he could've taken Edmonton to please our fan base and go against the grain.. payout being considered one of the wisest analyst around if the Oilers who no one else picked pulled through.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Starting to? Him and Matheson have been up to this for years. Rishaug another. I'm missing other names but Terry Jones was as well. One big circle jerk that dislikes some of the personalities on the present day Oilers.

Did he? Why the reversal then?
Let it expire and see what TSN or someone even better offers.
just retain Caroline Cameron and rest of SN panel and play by play people can F off.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Spector having Dallas in 5 is just further proof he hates the Oilers. Like why does this guy even cover the team? He clearly doesn't enjoy it.
He just loves the refs that much. He doesn’t care about the Oilers, or even hockey. Anything he can do to get closer to those boys in white and black.

The refs probably have to switch up which bars they go to post game so Spec isn’t trying to buy them drinks all night

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Haha Yakupov shared this on his instagram stories

Screenshot_20240601_113158_Gallery.jpg

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Kraftwerk is the GOAT. Been jamming to Electric Cafe a lot lately. Particularly this track (one of my favourites)

Also jealous, Tiesto and Aoki were at the resort? Damn o_O

Yeah, Kraftwerk is my favorite band of all time. Not sure what version of Electric Cafe album you've been listening to but there's a more recent version with the track House Phone which is not on the original release. They renamed the album to their original planned title " Electro Pop". Hope you've listened to their discography in German which is my preference. Legends brother..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
It doesn't prove anything..
Dallas was the top team in West and eliminated both Vegas and Colorado.

Any sane betting man would have picked Dallas over Edmonton especially when looking at goaltending and health concerns with Draisaitl, Kane and even McDavid.

We are this far mainly due to our coaches.
Can't really agree with this. We're here because we have a better and stronger nucleus than Dallas have.

The challenge in a series is always going to be which team gets the most players to buy in when it counts. The Oilers are winning that battle and its been the whole lineup getting it done and has been since game 6 Vancouver. Only passenger is Foegele. Everybody has been rowing.

Team that gets more players onboarded and really a part of things wins. This is though the biggest difference between KK and Woody. In the former not all players were feeling valued, or being used that way by the coaches. KK and Coffey have drawn everybody in, but the core does that too.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'm not a Stars fan and even I took my hat off on that tip. That is an incredibly difficult tip to make, and virtually an impossible one to stop.
Johnson flipped his stick and put in place while the shot was being fired from the point. That’s like a split second reaction time. There isnt a goalie on earth that could have stopped that.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It doesn't prove anything..
Dallas was the top team in West and eliminated both Vegas and Colorado.

Any sane betting man would have picked Dallas over Edmonton especially when looking at goaltending and health concerns with Draisaitl, Kane and even McDavid.

We are this far mainly due to our coaches.
Well it does. Anyone who has watched this team all season knew it wasn’t going to roll over in the conference finals. Except of course the usual whiney people who have been wrong all year.

Spec is terrible.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Well it does. Anyone who has watched this team all season knew it wasn’t going to roll over in the conference finals. Except of course the usual whiney people who have been wrong all year.

Spec is terrible.
Picking the Stars in 5 doesnt mean that the Oilers are going to roll over. You can have 5 very close games that just go the wrong way. The margins are ususally very thin when you get to the final 4.

I mean there were some major areas of concern with this team heading into the series against Dallas. Thankfully the Oilers (so far) have been able to elevate their game to a level higher than the Stars have been able to reach.
That outcome certainly wasnt a foregone conclusion though.

I mean the Oilers have outscored the Stars 8 to 3 in the last 2 games.
If that doesnt come as a suprise to Oilers fans then they are lying IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDoused

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Just because they are still talking more about the leafs then the remaining Canadian team? Lol I can't wait to see an even angrier looking Berube when they lose next year in the 1st round! He looks angry all the time ha
Yeh, if it's TSN hopefully they create a TSN-West that's is TML worship free.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Picking the Stars in 5 doesnt mean that the Oilers are going to roll over.
I mean there were some major areas of concern with this team heading into the series against Dallas. Thankfully the Oilers (so far) have been able to elevate their game to a level higher than the Stars have been able to reach.
That outcome certainly wasnt a foregone conclusion though.

I mean the Oilers have outscored the Stars 8 to 3 in the last 2 games.
If that doesnt come as a suprise to Oilers fans then they are lying IMO.
4-1 is basically rolling over. Please.

It doesn’t surprise me and I’m not lying. I have been preaching we got this since we were in last place.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
4-1 is rolling over. Please.

It doesn’t surprise me and I’m not lying. I have been preaching we got this we were in last place.
See my edit.
You can have 5 very tight games and still lose. Doesnt mean that you get 'rolled'.
The margin of error is very tight when you get to the final 4.

So you knew all along that the Oilers would roll the Stars in the last 2 games and that Skinner would be absolutely stellar eh?
Good for you.

Last edited:

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Starting to? Him and Matheson have been up to this for years. Rishaug another. I'm missing other names but Terry Jones was as well. One big circle jerk that dislikes some of the personalities on the present day Oilers.

Did he? Why the reversal then?
You don't remember how awful Jones & Matheson were to the 80's Oilers. They basically called the teams heart into question every time they lost 2 in a row & planned the parade every 3 game winning streak. Edmonton media/sportswriters have always been kinda weird in that respect.

As for Spector, he probably changed his mind because, after watching the first 2 rounds, he had about as much faith in Skinner as most on this board.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
See my edit.
You can have 5 very tight games and still lose. Doesnt mean that you get 'rolled'.
The margin of error is very tight when you get to the final 4.

So you thought that the Oilers would roll the Stars in the last 2 games and that Skinner would be absolutely stellar eh?
Good for you.
Lol when you get super specific like that obviously not. Don’t be silly. I’m not surprised at all they are winning and look like the better team doing it is my point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad