Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Morning all.
I apologize for derailing thread for a time last night. Certainly not my intention.

I responded to a poster that had previously got under my skin. As he (correctly) pointed out, it was not the proper time and I should have stopped there. Instead I escalated situation with my responses as I was a told I was negative.

Anyway, my heads out of my ass this morning and will enjoy the beautiful Saturday - celebrating an incredible performance - that it's shaping up to be.

Edit - perceived slight was not even enough to get riled up about. Apologize directly to you @Canovin
And thank you for all the continued support fellas. Especially TheNumber4
Hard to own a mistake - much respect. Just remember we may have different backgrounds, thoughts, and hot takes here, but we are all rowing in the same direction!

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Deboer responds: “… you can sit there and question our character if you want…” then drops the F-Bomb.

The reporter didn’t even mention character at all and I don’t think he even implied it. What this tells me is that questions about character came from Deboers head instead. Deboer is the one fixated on their character. Like I said at the beginning of this series, low intensity, no passion Stars. This is what I mean when say they don’t have the “it” factor.

Eh, it's one of those "why were your players not playing hard" kind of questions which to me is up there with some Spector level glorious questions and I feel does imply that the players don't have "it" as you say. IMO Questions like that always downplay that there are two teams playing, and Dallas' struggles are as much (if not more) a result of the Oilers playing a great game. But games have ebbs and flows, and when Edmonton lays a stinker like some of our second periods this series, it's not that our guys don't care or don't have any intensity either. So I see it similar.

Admittedly I think a lot of sports media is super cliche and often daft (Oilers media no exception) so I am pretty biased against them in general. IMO ask what challenges the Oilers were providing and a breakdown of the play.

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
CP is in full panic mode and it’s glorious.

Oilers broke their team and now we’re breaking them individually.

This is the best timeline.
I had to go have a 10 second peek...One will stop watching hockey if oil win the cup and another says the Oilers are winning because of how much we interfere with Dallas lololol backwards land.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Had to look it up. Becoming one of my favorite storylines these playoffs. So this is what the reporter actually asked Deboer when he dropped the F-Bomb:

“Pete, as much as you praised the Oilers, did you not think it was kind of a lifeless second period for your team? After falling behind and kinda putting no pressure on them at all?”

Deboer responds: “… you can sit there and question our character if you want…” then drops the F-Bomb.

The reporter didn’t even mention character at all and I don’t think he even implied it. What this tells me is that questions about character came from Deboers head instead. Deboer is the one fixated on their character. Like I said at the beginning of this series, low intensity, no passion Stars. This is what I mean when say they don’t have the “it” factor.
Hes trying to motivate his team. That stupid reporter might have woken them up, deboer is smart coach for making that question feel like shot at his team.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hes trying to motivate his team. That stupid reporter might have woken them up, deboer is smart coach for making that question feel like shot at his team.
That’s one way to look at it. The question really didn’t invite character questions though, although i am aware of the coaching strategy employed by guys like Maurice to make it about themselves and take heat off the players. Maybe he was doing that, I think he blew a lid after 3 repeated questions in the same vain.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Knob just continues to be deserving of tons of praise, he's seemingly pushed every right button these playoffs, while also instilling a great defensive game in the Oilers.

But Jeff Jackson deserves a lot of praise too, took serious guts to hire Knoblauch as the coach they went for during that disastrous start, instead of turning to one of the more experienced re-treads. Jeff went for a guy he believed in and thought would be a really talented coach, and he was right.

Makes me very excited for how he's going to shape the front office, I think we're going to see lots of really smart hires, and a front office that's finally going to operate how modern NHL franchises should.

I really think two awards that need to start including the post season are the Jack Adam’s and the GM of the year.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Eh, it's one of those "why were your players not playing hard" kind of questions which to me is up there with some Spector level glorious questions and I feel does imply that the players don't have "it" as you say. IMO Questions like that always downplay that there are two teams playing, and Dallas' struggles are as much (if not more) a result of the Oilers playing a great game. But games have ebbs and flows, and when Edmonton lays a stinker like some of our second periods this series, it's not that our guys don't care or don't have any intensity either. So I see it similar.

Admittedly I think a lot of sports media is super cliche and often daft (Oilers media no exception) so I am pretty biased against them in general. IMO ask what challenges the Oilers were providing and a breakdown of
I think Deboer answered and reiterated a couple times about what the Oilers were doing against them previous to that question. After answering 3 questions in a similar vein and maybe a gotcha by the specific reporter in question he lost his composure and blew his lid. It could also be a sneaky way to motivate and protect his players, but that specific question didn’t even question character. So if Deboer snuck that in to motivate his players he didn’t really do it in a smart way.

Reactions: alanschu

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
CP thinks the Oilers are full of criminals and pricks :laugh:
pip.gif

Quote:
Can’t wait to see the cup being paraded in a prison yard by Kane and Perry. Probably in a rented car driven by murderer Craig McTavish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad