Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Just wait til they see the high draft picks that were the crown jewels of their rebuild break their hearts one more time. Tkachuk and Bennett being two of the marquee players on Florida is kind of a lose lose for Flames fans if it is Oilers vs Panthers.
Imagine getting dumped by your girlfriend, then she publicly tells everyone that you are a small dick loser and just used you, and then you still wash her and her new boyfriends car on the weekends and do their laundry. That's the equivalent of Flames fans cheering for Chucky. As big a cuck fanbase as you will find in any sport.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Game 6 will be the toughest of the series. Dallas with their backs against the wall will have no choice but to give the Oilers everything they have. Which I still don't think will be enough.

All this talk about how Dallas is an amazing road team these playoffs with a 6-2 record. Oilers are 6-3 on the road so far, zero mention of them being road beasts. Dallas will finish their season tomorrow, ending with a 6-3 road record. The media can hype that record as much as they want all summer while the Oilers go on and win the cup.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Game 6 will be the toughest of the series. Dallas with their backs against the wall will have no choice but to give the Oilers everything they have. Which I still don't think will be enough.

All this talk about how Dallas is an amazing road team these playoffs with a 6-2 record. Oilers are 6-3 on the road so far, zero mention of them being road beasts. Dallas will finish their season tomorrow, ending with a 6-3 road record. The media can hype that record as much as they want all summer while the Oilers go on and win the cup.
Sure hope you are right.

For sure, the Stars will be desperate to survive and they are a veteran club. Many of their guys have been thru elimination games and will not panic.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

I f***ing love it. Well said.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Sure hope you are right.

For sure, the Stars will be desperate to survive.
And they should be desperate. They are a great team. Full respect to them. I just think they are completely gassed. 2 straight seasons going to the WC finals. Lots of mileage and in the west which is faster and harder hitting than the east (IMO).

I liked Doebers interview yesterday. He can see the team is putting it all out there, they simply can't keep pace with the Oilers at this point. He spoke truth.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
And they should be desperate. They are a great team. Full respect to them. I just think they are completely gassed. 2 straight seasons going to the WC finals. Lots of mileage and in the west which is faster and harder hitting than the east (IMO).

I liked Doebers interview yesterday. He can see the team is putting it all out there, they simply can't keep pace with the Oilers at this point. He spoke truth.
They are an older team and some of these guys are beyond their "best before" date even before the fridge was installed.

Oilers are playing with a lot of intensity these last 2 games but as we know, there can be some serious power outages from time to time.

Oilers win tomorrow night and move on.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Sure hope you are right.

For sure, the Stars will be desperate to survive and they are a veteran club. Many of their guys have been thru elimination games and will not panic.
Yeah...tomorrows game will be the toughest game to win so far.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

We were all over them last night, 6 shots we gave up half way through the game, on the road that’s huge. That game was a pleasure to watch.

Reactions: dssource

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Guys someone mentioned we were in 31st place 200 days ago.

Once the season is done I wouldn't mind some questions for Holland and Jackson on the hiring of Knoblauch.

You're hiring McDavid's junior coach who highest level of experience is coaching the Rangers AHL team in a season where we lost in the 2nd round to the eventual Cup Champs in Vegas, Draisaitl has 2 years left on his contract, etc.

That's a bold move Cotton to say the least, it's obviously paid off in spades. But it could have been a nightmare failure.

Obviously glad it worked but where did the idea come from.

For us to make the playoffs we can use last year’s playoff cutoff. 95 points was the final wild card spot. Today we have 13 points. That means we need to get 82 more points in the next 63 games. We need to go 41 and 22 (.650 points percentage) to put ourselves into wild card contention. I’d suggest 43 and 20 (.680) would guarantee it for us. Is it possible? Sure, anything is possible. Is it likely? No. Not even close. Hope dies last.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

For us to make the playoffs we can use last year’s playoff cutoff. 95 points was the final wild card spot. Today we have 13 points. That means we need to get 82 more points in the next 63 games. We need to go 41 and 22 (.650 points percentage) to put ourselves into wild card contention. I’d suggest 43 and 20 (.680) would guarantee it for us. Is it possible? Sure, anything is possible. Is it likely? No. Not even close. Hope dies last.
When I read these articles I often wonder who the website authors are?

Do any of these guys know more about it than your average poster on this site? I admit that I thought they would miss the playoffs too but I don't claim to be an expert.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Starting to? Him and Matheson have been up to this for years. Rishaug another. I'm missing other names but Terry Jones was as well. One big circle jerk that dislikes some of the personalities on the present day Oilers.

Did he? Why the reversal then?
There’s abit of gamesmanship going on.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
When I read these articles I often wonder who the website authors are?

Do any of these guys know more about it than your average poster on this site? I admit that I thought they would miss the playoffs too but I don't claim to be an expert.

Isn’t that author a poster here though? Like comes to HFOil, posts a hot take (usually bad one) and then never again ?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Isn’t that author a poster here though? Like comes to HFOil, posts a hot take (usually bad one) and then never again ?
Possibly-- but I guess my point is that in today's world everybody and his dog has a website or a You Tube channel. You and I can get one too but it doesn't mean that we are experts.

Reactions: frag2

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
They are an older team and some of these guys are beyond their "best before" date even before the fridge was installed.

Oilers are playing with a lot of intensity these last 2 games but as we know, there can be some serious power outages from time to time.

Oilers win tomorrow night and move on.

It’s funny because the Oilers are the oldest team in the league but nobody has pointed that out since they were using it to doubt them. Hmmm

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Or already has.

I really feel like our whole D group took a step back under Manson and Woody. its been going in a great direction since.

Bringing in Broberg was a masterstroke. I liked the sound of it but doubted it would occur.
This. I absolutely hated Manson as a D coach and could never understand and all the praise. Woody had the same issues as Todd, stubborn and thought he was the smartest man in the room. He laps believed it’s the players fault, not his system. This was most evident when questioned about the zone defense brought in- his response was always “it’s the execution (the players” not how he was coaching it. Knob came in a proved it wasn’t the players.

Reactions: MessierThanThou

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Is Draisaitl the best passer in Oiler history? I never got to see Gretzky or Weight.

The pass to Nuge was obviously perfect but he made 2 beauty passes under pressure to send us on 2 on 1s that didn't get converted. Just an amazing player.
Gretz was on a whole other level. It was nuts. Using the board glass when his back was to the play to see where his teammates were, the banks off the side of the net, inventing playing behind the net, the passes coming out of the spins…the guy was ridiculous. Even as he got older, he was passing through sticks and legs in the dead puck era.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
This. I absolutely hated Manson as a D coach and could never understand and all the praise. Woody had the same issues as Todd, stubborn and thought he was the smartest man in the room. He laps believed it’s the players fault, not his system. This was most evident when questioned about the zone defense brought in- his response was always “it’s the execution (the players” not how he was coaching it. Knob came in a proved it wasn’t the players.
Manson's wife had died. He was going through a lot. This wasn't made public news until he was let go. Would be hard to meet the challenges of a pro position with that grieving.

Woody and Manson here were practicing beyond abilities though, jmo.

Reactions: foshizzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad