Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Take it easy you two.........

Skinner takes his game to another level and at a perfect time. Proud of him! We’re unstoppable if he can string together 5 more of these performances.

For the most part, everyone on ice played as a unit aside from a few slot/front of net break downs that fortunately Skinner bailed them out on.
The way they played last night is eerily reminiscent of the way they played during that 16 game streak...but this time against an elite team!!! Because you know, Nucktards wouldn't shut up about how Oilers only feasted on non-playoff teams during the entire streak lol

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
giphy.gif
Going down 2-0 last game awoke the dragon. The realization that if they lost game 4 it would be season over has been burned into their brain, they seem totally dialed in since, even Skinner, 110 minutes between goals.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Who is going to give him 3M after seeing him get scratched for guys like Brown, Perry, Holloway and Carrick?
I don't care what Foegle makes or asks for in the off season, he will draw in again at some point and score a couple goals, he can do that, he has spurts of brilliance. Worry about the off season in the off season.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Broberg was so good last night, his time in the AHL did him wonders.

He looks like a compeltely different player. His skating is just outstanding and he had so nuch confidence out there.

Looks like a guy that is a just primed to breakthrough and what a time to do so.

He had a couple rushes up ice last night where his skating looked absolutely elite

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

He looks like a compeltely different player. His skating is just outstanding and he had so nuch confidence out there.

Looks like a guy that is a just primed to breakthrough and what a time to do so.

He had a couple rushes up last night where his skating looked absolutely elite
That last time down in Bako really transformed he and Holloway.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
They seem defeated honestly but it’s not over expecting a desperate team on Sunday
I wouldn't read too much into what they're saying right after a big loss.

At the same time, I honestly don't think any of our guys would talk like that. Knob for sure wouldn't be as agitated as PD, but Knob is an even-keel individual.

Lannes

🇮🇱🇮🇱🇮🇱
May 5, 2024

He had a couple rushes up ice last night where his skating looked absolutely elite
What is the ceiling on this guy now? Is it crazy to think (once he bulks up), he could be a better skating Ekholm?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Morning all.
I apologize for derailing thread for a time last night. Certainly not my intention.

I responded to a poster that had previously got under my skin. As he (correctly) pointed out, it was not the proper time and I should have stopped there. Instead I escalated situation with my responses as I was a told I was negative.

Anyway, my heads out of my ass this morning and will enjoy the beautiful Saturday - celebrating an incredible performance - that it's shaping up to be.

Edit - perceived slight was not even enough to get riled up about. Apologize directly to you @Canovin
And thank you for all the continued support fellas. Especially TheNumber4
Thanks for doing this.

We as fans forget Skinner is just as human as we are. I think if everything wasn’t at stake and had the Oilers won the cup during the decade of darkness. We wouldn’t be too hard on him and have much more patience for him. With that said, hoping Skinner continues this so we can win the cup.

Cheers,

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

All of a sudden the oilers D looks stacked

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I see you kept spouting off. What a credit to the human race you are

I made ONE comment to a poster that had slagged me and you decide to jump in. Then I'm labeled negative. If you knew me and my relationship with the Oilers that would almost be funny.

Anyway if you want to or care, go ahead and respond. But I'm dropping this subject. And you
Hey. I intervened last night due to you going off the rails on other posters. .you're right, you could have stopped, and you still haven't.

Sometimes I respond in kind. You don't know me, but say the bolded while claiming you're better.

The bolded shouldn't be stated about any other posters.

Last edited:

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Broberg is an interesting case. If you ignore his NHL career so far, you have a player who is

- 22 years old
- Drafted 8th overall
- 6'4
- skates well
- 65 points and +23 in 87 AHL games

That sounds like a blue chip prospect, yet he got talked about like a bust. There is legit top pairing potential here isn't there?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Damn, jealous, especially Corsten's autograph. Big fan of his stuff as Gouryella especially. Biggest name rave I went to was Elements at the Expo Centre years ago (2012), was cool seeing ATB, Cosmic Gate, Michael Woods and Markus Schulz. Some of the ones I didn't know put on some great sets too.

To the bolded, we could, but might be half of a dozen of us for that audience haha
Ive seen cosmic gate like 5x and they’ve always been the worst set at the show.

Love armin, ferry, rayel and such.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

Stauffer went down to watch him play on the farm and said the same thing. Said the games he saw. Robert was the best player on the ice. Interestingly, he mentioned that Holloway and Broberg had short leashes with Woodcroft. On the flip side, Broberg had 2 giveaways early this game, Coffey went to him, spoke to him, gave him a couple of shoulder pats and threw him back out. Amazing what a coach who believes in you can do to a player

Broberg is an interesting case. If you ignore his NHL career so far, you have a player who is

- 22 years old
- Drafted 8th overall
- 6'4
- skates well

That sounds like a blue chip prospect, yet he got talked about like a bust. There is legit top pairing potential here isn't there?
Yes. Manson and Woody we’re toxic for him

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

- 22 years old
- Drafted 8th overall
- 6'4
- skates well

People are insanely impatient defensemen can take years to develop. Oilers can slot him in next season gives them lots of options. Ship out a bigger contract for instance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad