Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
That. Was. Beautiful.
Super sound game and it certainly helped the boys decided to roll out a deadly, yet different PP strategy.
Skinner shining in net and Broberg with a nice clapper, what more could you ask for?

Let's go to the SCF on sunday!

giphy.webp

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
This is potentially shaping up as a nightmare for Flames fans if it’s the Oilers vs FLA. Your hated rivals or the player who couldn’t wait to get the hell out of your city will be SC champs. Pick your poison.

NYR aren't much better with Fox, who also wanted out ASAP. Though at least the Flames got good mileage out of that trade, unlike being attached to the stone of triumph that is Huberdeau.

1717242194108.png

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
What a game. Stu with the key saves. Nuge with the clutch goals. Holloway with the epic block. Broberg with his first playoff goal. This game had it all. What a Banger!

One more time and we punch our ticket. LFG boys!!!

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
Honest question, ignoring how much each guy makes: is VD better than Ceci or only slightly less good, or has he been sheltered by Kulak and possibly, maybe to a lesser extent, Nurse? *ducks flying garbage*
VD is an interesting case. He does some things well (He's a strong net front presence, an area the oilers D can sometimes lack in), but often really struggles with clearing the zone, especially against fast/hard forechecking, which got exposed some this playoffs.

He's a great story, and I like the guy, but I think he has hit his ceiling.

Personally, I think number 6 D is right where he should be, and I'd only be willing to pay him at that level accordingly. Just my opinion though.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Not a big EDM guy but when I kick it, it's old school Kraftwerk.

Couple of my modern favs:

Steve Aoki:

Tiesto:

Funny story (to me anyways), wifey selected a Cancun resort unintentional during Spring Break unintentionally with a week long electronica rave every night with Aoki, Tiesto and a ton of others. Partied my ass off while she sought safe haven in the room. lol.

Get Caked in Cancun?

Reactions: Skar and McDoused

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Unfortunately the people tonight that were browbeating other fans for having said things about players have no qualms about saying worse to fellow posters. I'm not sure how anybody reconciles that. Players are fair game. Flaming other posters isn't. But doing so just after such an immense win just is.....I dunno.

Imagine just seeing the team win a spectacular game., but For two posters here in the thread the most important thing they had to do is rush in here and browbeat Skinner opinions. unfortunately that says something unintended.

Those aren't friends.

I see you kept spouting off. What a credit to the human race you are

I made ONE comment to a poster that had slagged me and you decide to jump in. Then I'm labeled negative. If you knew me and my relationship with the Oilers that would almost be funny.

Anyway if you want to or care, go ahead and respond. But I'm dropping this subject. And you

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Morning all.
I apologize for derailing thread for a time last night. Certainly not my intention.

I responded to a poster that had previously got under my skin. As he (correctly) pointed out, it was not the proper time and I should have stopped there. Instead I escalated situation with my responses as I was a told I was negative.

Anyway, my heads out of my ass this morning and will enjoy the beautiful Saturday - celebrating an incredible performance - that it's shaping up to be.

Edit - perceived slight was not even enough to get riled up about. Apologize directly to you @Canovin
And thank you for all the continued support fellas. Especially TheNumber4

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Kind of funny seeing talking heads starting to realize the oilers are good lol. Some are still saying Dallas is not playing well instead of giving the oil credit. Sad. Nearly everyone picked Dallas and the oil have been the clearly better team so far. Need to close it out at home

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad