Speculation: Offseason Thread XVII: Trade a spade for a jade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Apparently Elliotte Friedman was on the NHL Network on Thursday night. He said Gorton has his hands in everything but he does not know if Gorton will be able to make a deal. I read it on twitter. The NHL Network posts videos of their segments on NHL.COM but I haven't found it. It's no secret Jeff is trying to make changes. He is still trying but this is not usually a busy time for trades.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Gorton said he has a teenage son who is active on social media. They asked Gorton if he was aware of the Vesey stuff on twitter and he said his son was keeping informed. His son probably reads everything associated with the Rangers including this place.

Of COURSE!

All this time, we thought you were actually Jeff Gorton.

But no, it's obvious. You're his son!

How foolish of us.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
And we know those rarely work out for all three teams involved.

They rarely happen, the Cap's made it even more tougher. Although I can see some of the newer GM's trying to navigate the cap and assets in a three way at some point.

Like a Rob Scuderi type of situation where 3 teams take a piece of his salary and dilute the cap hit.

Could see that with Girardi if things get real bad.

Here's the trade that makes us better short term and long term while being realistic

Zucc and Skjei for Trouba and a solid prospect or 2nd round pick.

We have plenty on the left side and Ryan Graves will be pushing for a spot sooner than later.

We've got plenty of skilled wingers that need to play.

What we don't have? Prospects in the system and a top righty D man to grow with this core.

I like Skjei and Zucc as much as the next guy but trouba and a higher end pick make us better now and down the road. Good deal for both teams

I don't move Skjei. Skaters like him are not that common. Keep the guy that's going to give you a cheap 6-8 year prime.

Trouba is a guy that anchors a defense like that but at an even greater level. Gotta give to get but I don't see WPG trading him.

Staal for Myers makes sense. Thunder Bay isn't too far either. But who would waive a NMC to go from NYC to WPG? Not many.

They just roll though the playoffs every year with their wingers.

Hah! True. Laine and Connor though will be their rookies. WPG is a team with a lot of crappy One-Way deals. Like 8 that are just liabilties.

Many of them are buriable and on short term, so if there's a way to make a deal with WPG it's to swap the SPC's that are two-way vs one-way under $950k or a even that $1.55M deal surrounding the center pieces.

Thornton is signed for one more season. Doug Wilson may prefer to go in a different direction. He tried to trade Thornton after San Jose blew a 3-0 lead to LA in 2014. Thornton and Nash share the same agent. Thornton's brother.

All the more reason that could be Nash's preferred destination. Thornton finished the year like a beast. Deboer and Thornton came to an accord. Joe was one of the better players in the league after Decemeber.

Nash is Joe's boy. SJ has some interesting pieces, but nothing sexy.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Jeff Gorton with an alias wouldn't last one week at this place.

Revel, BBKers is definitely vetted and very credible. He shouldn't have to explain himself ever, that will direct attention on him and subsequently his sources.

I'm proudly an agent of misinformation. You're right Ola, I think it just comes down ignoring the posts in which you think are hooey, like most ignore mine. I think this forum should quietly build an equipment manager version of the illuminati. My problem is that the intestinal issue reports are always too vague.

My source
http://workbench.cadenhead.org/media/ron-duguay-poster.jpg

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I don't think it's being vague for the sake of being vague just no one gets a full finished deal as a rumor as nice and tighty as that sounds.

If I hear player X is coming and I ask when or for who and sources says not sure yet but it's happening. Wouldn't you rather me tell you guys that than talk about Jesper Fasts advanced analytics another day?

Thanks for your posts and I would rather hear the news. It's as you say, nobody can possibly tell what a finished deal will look like because it's not finished!

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think we are all desperate for every last scrap because of how tight lipped the NYR have been this Summer.

I don't buy into every "insider" out there and REALLY dislike the chest pounding BUT I believe everyone has a right to share whatever they want. If it's real, if it's BS, that's for individuals and the community to decide.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
The obsession with information is hilarious these days. If something happens it'll happen. Simple as that. Enjoy the rest of summer, go outside, get away from a computer :laugh:

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I think we are all desperate for every last scrap because of how tight lipped the NYR have been this Summer.

I don't buy into every "insider" out there and REALLY dislike the chest pounding BUT I believe everyone has a right to share whatever they want. If it's real, if it's BS, that's for individuals and the community to decide.

I'd rather be in the dark about a Vesey than be in the know on a Voros!!!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Some of these teams are crazy. The Wings are one of the teams which refuses take a step back. I can understand their philosophy moving into a new building next season. Signing Adelkaeder and Helm to long term extensions. Signing 32 year old Frans Nielsen 6 years and $31.5M. They gave DeKeyser $5M. That is crazy stuff.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Some of these teams are crazy. The Wings are one of the teams which refuses take a step back. I can understand their philosophy moving into a new building next season. Signing Adelkaeder and Helm to long term extensions. Signing 32 year old Frans Nielsen 6 years and $31.5M. They gave DeKeyser $5M. That is crazy stuff.

Yep. The Red Wings have some serious dark times ahead. I see them finishing last in the not too distant future, although Mrazek looks like he'll be quite the goalie.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I'm proudly an agent of misinformation. You're right Ola, I think it just comes down ignoring the posts in which you think are hooey, like most ignore mine. I think this forum should quietly build an equipment manager version of the illuminati. My problem is that the intestinal issue reports are always too vague.

My source
http://workbench.cadenhead.org/media/ron-duguay-poster.jpg

Dude that was funny! I 'd like to nominate you for post of the week and see where it goes from there.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Zuccarello makes the most sense in terms of returning assets. Trade Nash at the deadline for a maximized return. Find a young RD in return for Zuccarello ala the Zibanejad trade.

I still think SJ, ANA and Edmonton are still open for business. I wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota were trying to make deals as well. Dumba has come up in the past. Jeremy Roy, Mirco Mueller from SJ. Theodore, Manson, Vatanen from Anaheim.

Would Detroit trade Tatar or Mantha + for Zuccarello? Try and snag one of their young defensemen. Ouellete, Sproul, I know there are others but am too lazy to look them up.

There are opportunities for Gorton to continue this trend of getting younger.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Zuccarello makes the most sense in terms of returning assets. Trade Nash at the deadline for a maximized return. Find a young RD in return for Zuccarello ala the Zibanejad trade.

I still think SJ, ANA and Edmonton are still open for business. I wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota were trying to make deals as well. Dumba has come up in the past. Jeremy Roy, Mirco Mueller from SJ. Theodore, Manson, Vatanen from Anaheim.

Would Detroit trade Tatar or Mantha + for Zuccarello? Try and snag one of their young defensemen. Ouellete, Sproul, I know there are others but am too lazy to look them up.

I don't trade Zucc for anything short of a great young PMRHD. He's too important to the team to move for anyhring else IMO. Nash, on the other hand, I would do for a forward or another less needed position.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Zucc was 38th in the league in scoring last year, is on a sweetheart deal, and is in his prime. It better be a huge return if we trade him.

I like Zucc a lot but his playoff performances have been concerning. I think he'd be devastated if he was dealt, and I'm a little surprised he doesnt have a NTC.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Zucc was 38th in the league in scoring last year, is on a sweetheart deal, and is in his prime. It better be a huge return if we trade him.

I like Zucc a lot but his playoff performances have been concerning. I think he'd be devastated if he was dealt, and I'm a little surprised he doesnt have a NTC.

Only way I'd really be ok with trading Zucc is for a massive overpayment.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I would trade Zucc for a young RHD ready to break out.

That's about it. Zucc for Dumba+ makes sense. Minnesota needs skill up front.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Zucc now (a la the Brass deal) and then Nash at the deadline makes a ton of sense.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

Viper , did you see Dagoon's last tweet?

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

Wondering if Ottawa has any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad