Speculation: Offseason Thread XVII: Trade a spade for a jade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Bingo. The only thing that people on this board will see is a list of vetted users who can be trusted because they have sources.

No list of who their sources are. Just a list of users who can be trusted. Just so we don't have people questioning all the time.

----------------------------------------------------------

Can be as simple as:

Mod-approved vetted HFNYR users with sources
  • Bobbop
  • Dagoon
  • etc...

Yeah, this will most likely be the case.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Either could be an interesting choice.

I mean, Marleau would make a lot of sense, and has been linked to the Rangers in the past. Whenever a player is on the Rangers' radar, they play for the team at some point in their career. Martin St. Louis and Keith Yandle are the latest examples of players of players that have been on the Rangers' radar and arrived to the team somewhat unexpectedly.

The only advantage to offloading Nash and getting Marleau in return is one less year of commitment.

If salary needs to be sent the other way, the deal I proposed only needs to be slightly altered. Just take out the pick or prospect coming back to the Rangers. Deal is Nash and Fast or Klein for Marleau, Karlsson/Wingels, and Bergman/Roy.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Paul Martin? Marleau?

Martin is 35 and has this upcoming season and 2 more at $4.85M. Pass.

Marleau has a NMC. He's going to retire a Shark. He's not uprooting his family for what likely will be his final NHL season to move from a team that just made the SC Finals.

There is nothing attractive to the Rangers from the Sharks side to make the salaries work unless they want to include Hertl and Braun, and that's not happening.

They're not moving Nash for the sake of moving Nash. Perhaps for futures, yes, but to a team that can absorb salary. San Jose can not.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
The Sharks have nothing of interest to me that would realistically be available. I think Anaheim and Winnipeg should be the main trade targets.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Martin is 35 and has this upcoming season and 2 more at $4.85M. Pass.

Marleau has a NMC. He's going to retire a Shark. He's not uprooting his family for what likely will be his final NHL season to move from a team that just made the SC Finals.

There is nothing attractive to the Rangers from the Sharks side to make the salaries work unless they want to include Hertl and Braun, and that's not happening.

They're not moving Nash for the sake of moving Nash. Perhaps for futures, yes, but to a team that can absorb salary. San Jose can not.

Hmm, you're probably right.

LA may make some sense for Nash. Again though, not much cap space, and there's nothing terribly attractive to the Rangers unless they cough up Pearson and another good piece. Rangers would probably have to take back another bad contract too. LA has plenty for the long term; the Gaborik, Brown, and to a lesser extent Carter contracts aren't pretty.

Anaheim makes the most sense, despite the insistence of their fanbase. The Rangers can very easily take back Silfverberg and one of their defensive prospects and call it a day.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'd love to know how this vetting process goes. How does one prove they have sources? Do they just state who they know?

And yeah, I know a few people as well who I've talked to that have dropped me little bits of info here and there but during the times I've heard it I've chosen not to post anything on here about it just so it somehow doesn't get back to them. Nash being hurt during the 2013 playoffs being one of them.

Let's just hope it's not the Department of Homeland Security that's doing the vetting:sarcasm:

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
The Sharks have nothing of interest to me that would realistically be available. I think Anaheim and Winnipeg should be the main trade targets.

Nash won't waive for a Canadian team.

Anaheim would be a fit, if he were to waive. Not sure if they're on his list but playing with friends in Perry and Getzlaf I'm sure could be appealing.

Nash and 50% retained for Silfverberg or Cogliano and one of Manson/Theodore/Montour and call it a day.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Nash won't waive for a Canadian team.

Anaheim would be a fit, if he were to waive. Not sure if they're on his list but playing with friends in Perry and Getzlaf I'm sure could be appealing.

Nash and 50% retained for Silfverberg or Cogliano and one of Manson/Theodore/Montour and call it a day.

I mean in general, not just Nash targets.

I think Detroit, Florida,and Anaheim should be the main Nash targets

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
There's a reason I declined to be vetted even though some here know me well and know I only share info I've heard. Just feel it's no ones business and Sharing with the community should be appreciated not have guys torn down. Dagoon edge others aren't looking for anything from anyone. So I don't have any reason to doubt them. I personally just share what I've heard if you don't want to listen then cool but I'm not a reporter don't like the idea of being "vetted" by some stranger on a message board. That's all

Having said that zucc is very much in play take it for what it's worth haha

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
my issue with rumors is when people who have legit sources drop vague comments without clarifying it's something they heard from a source or something they're just speculating. Stop being vague.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
There's a reason I declined to be vetted even though some here know me well and know I only share info I've heard. Just feel it's no ones business and Sharing with the community should be appreciated not have guys torn down. Dagoon edge others aren't looking for anything from anyone. So I don't have any reason to doubt them. I personally just share what I've heard if you don't want to listen then cool but I'm not a reporter don't like the idea of being "vetted" by some stranger on a message board. That's all

I can respect that, but I've seen (and I'm sure many others have, hence the rule) those weird posters (on other boards, at least) who get something out of being a "source" of unquestionable veracity. I don't get it, but I have seen some who were not vetted pass off ridiculous info and eventually get called out on it.

It's like fanfic. Maybe it's entertaining, it certainly seems to be so for the poster, maybe their ego is inflated, but it focuses discussion around a fantasy.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

The list is really more for the fact that we don't have a bunch of people asking if people like Edge/BBKers/etc are legit.

It's nothing more than a list. What people believe is up to them. As long as they realize that that the people who have sources are only relaying what they heard and it may turn out to be true. Or not.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
my issue with rumors is when people who have legit sources drop vague comments without clarifying it's something they heard from a source or something they're just speculating. Stop being vague.

Then of course there are those guys who for whatever reason paraphrase a tweet from a nobody or from eklund, omit any attribution, make it sound mysterious and therefore juicy. SAD!

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
The list is really more for the fact that we don't have a bunch of people asking if people like Edge/BBKers/etc are legit.

It's nothing more than a list. What people believe is up to them.

Yeah this. I feel like half the posts in this thread sometimes are "Well is X vetted" etc. Having so many posters with sources can get confusing for someone who only reads/posts casually, so it'd be nice to have a compiled list.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don't think it's being vague for the sake of being vague just no one gets a full finished deal as a rumor as nice and tighty as that sounds.

If I hear player X is coming and I ask when or for who and sources says not sure yet but it's happening. Wouldn't you rather me tell you guys that than talk about Jesper Fasts advanced analytics another day?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And by the way guys like Dagoon have been vetted and STILL half the board gives him ish for sharing what he knows with us. So why bother

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I don't think it's being vague for the sake of being vague just no one gets a full finished deal as a rumor as nice and tighty as that sounds.

If I hear player X is coming and I ask when or for who and sources says not sure yet but it's happening. Wouldn't you rather me tell you guys that than talk about Jesper Fasts advanced analytics another day?

Yeah definitely. I'd rather have something to speculate on than nothing at all. And yet posters like you and Dagoon etc. get chased away when it doesn't materialize.

But anyway, back on topic, I like the possibility of Nash to SJ, but don't see a fit there. ANA is more of a fit, especially if we retain.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Drives me nuts sometimes. I need to know lol.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Nothing in San Jose really excites me and I really don't want to move Nash.

I'd be looking at Winnipeg Anaheim and St Louis as trading partners

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
And by the way guys like Dagoon have been vetted and STILL half the board gives him ish for sharing what he knows with us. So why bother

nah, dagoon gets crap because he's an abrasive personality

e: and he can be whatever he wants to be, I just think that's the main reason

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Seems inconvenient that Winnipeg is probably one of the better fits for Nash, but it's in Canada, which isn't on his list :/

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I have to think that's McIlrath.

Yeah me too. But if the return is Braun (highly unlikely) then you don't sleep on it as that makes the Rangers and instant contender.

SJ might be a team that trades Jeremy Roy and Tim Heed in the same deal for Nash. Probably not going to get that elsewhere.

Rangers solve huge organizational depth issues.

Tim Heed is NHL ready IMO. He's in that Ryan Ellis, Brian Rafalski mold of defenseman.

Jeremy Roy too is a High Hockey IQ defenseman.

They are both behind Braun, and this Burns guy.

This is a shift by shift of this kid. He's not what you call sexy, but he's just reliable. Look at that video and tell me this kid doesn't have a brain.

He controlled the play with his defense.

McIlrath makes sense because the Pacific is a huge division, and he's perfectly insulated there to play with a nasty disposition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad