Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
wild-wings-new-look-v0-s7u511kzb8qd1.jpeg

I didn't know where else to put this...soooooo they updated Wild Wing....What does everyone think of the new mask??

I think they shoulda just left Wild Wing alone.

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I know times are tough, but surely the org can spring for getting this poor ailing duck some eye drops...
(Or maybe someone to do the slightest bit of quality assurance on ideas like this?)

The jersey screams, "Pass, shoot, score!"

Wild Wings' eyes induce, "Puff, puff, pass... "

Probably best to give Wild Wing actual eyes with an orange iris.

Reactions: Firequacker

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I don't know what it is about the red eyes, but somehow they make the lump on the top of Wild Wing's head much more conspicuous. It was barely noticeable before, now it looks equal parts man bun and equal parts brain tumour.

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
The jersey screams, "Pass, shoot, score!"

Wild Wings' eyes induce, "Puff, puff, pass... "

Probably best to give Wild Wing actual eyes with an orange iris.
Yeah I'd be curious to see if they even mocked up doing it another way. There were probably ways to make it work.

Looking again, I think some of it is that it's just a flat and very bad, dull shade of orange. They should've looked at the eyes on Gibby's old mask.
gettyimages-1469618041-2048x2048.jpg

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Yeah I'd be curious to see if they even mocked up doing it another way. There were probably ways to make it work.

Looking again, I think some of it is that it's just a flat and very bad, dull shade of orange. They should've looked at the eyes on Gibby's old mask.
View attachment 909324

I was trying to figure out where I had seen the orange eyes before and this is it. Yeah if they would have used some shading like this it would be 100x better.

The new WW eyes look like a bad cartoon fly

1727214711764.png

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't overly care about mascots generally, and if they don't change it, I won't lose any sleep, but yeah that eye change on Wild Wing is beating a dead horse on the "Orange Country" insistence and it looks bad. How many mascots look nothing like the logo? Why do they need to change a look that has worked well for decades?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad