Speculation: Offseason Thread XVII: Trade a spade for a jade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I parsed that tweet as "hate to hear his name coming up, don't think he'll be traded, but hearing 2 people here (Nashville based on a following tweet) mentioning his name
Yes. That's what I see too. The confusion is that he's in Nashville and mentioning Rick Nash.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would the Norwegian fans here stop being Ranger fans if Zucc was traded or are you Ranger fans before Zucc fans? Would be nice if you guys stayed fans of the Rangers, but I could understand, if you didn't.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Would the Norwegian fans here stop being Ranger fans if Zucc was traded or are you Ranger fans before Zucc fans? Would be nice if you guys stayed fans of the Rangers, but I could understand, if you didn't.

Zucc's been with the team for so long now no one thats active here would stop being Rangers fans.

Myself I'd probably start watching 2 sets of games on occasion.

Zucc is the only hockey export that Norway has with big national popularity, so him playing in a big hockey market is a great and fun deal to Norwegian hockey fans. The Rangers is generally a team that a lot of hockey fans in Norway get behind, even before Zucc.

It would suck so much to trade him to a small market team with no aspirations of winning the cup with that in mind.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I like Ellis as a possibility, and certainly he's more expendable after they acquired Subban, but who steps into Nashville's second pair? They don't appear to have anyone capable to take his slot.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zucc's been with the team for so long now no one thats active here would stop being Rangers fans.

Myself I'd probably start watching 2 sets of games on occasion.

Zucc is the only hockey export that Norway has with big national popularity, so him playing in a big hockey market is a great and fun deal to Norwegian hockey fans. The Rangers is generally a team that a lot of hockey fans in Norway get behind, even before Zucc.

It would suck so much to trade him to a small market team with no aspirations of winning the cup with that in mind.

I'm hoping we trade Nash and Klein/McIlrath instead of Zucc.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

I'm not from Norway. I grew up in NY but whenever my favorite players is traded I have less inclination to watch. I hated seeing Hags play for the Penguins against us last spring. I've been a fan over 40 years but I root for the players in the Rangers jersey not just a piece of laundry. It is the players personalities that make the teams for me. Some eras players/coaches are much more fun than others. The 1978-1984 era Rangers team were my favorite ever even more than the cup team. The 2014 team that went to the cup was one of my all time favorites as well.

Just read Zooks had like 5 points and a shoot out goal today.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If Zucc was traded for someone like E. Kane I'd be pretty pissed and less likely to watch every game. Hell if they even traded scraps for E. Kane I'd probably be less likely to watch

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I like Ellis as a possibility, and certainly he's more expendable after they acquired Subban, but who steps into Nashville's second pair? They don't appear to have anyone capable to take his slot.

They don't have a RHD to replace him. There's very little chance he's getting traded

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
I'm a grown man who does not cry, but if Zucc is traded I may shed a tear.

Should I hold off on personalizing my Rangers Alternate jersey with Zuccs name and number?

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Lehtera spent four seasons in the KHL. I wonder if he speaks Russian.

Kreider/Stepan/Miller
Zuccarello/Zibanejad/Hayes
Vesey/Lehtera/Buchnevich
Pirri/Lindberg/Fast

McDonagh/Klein
Staal/Shattenkirk
Skjei/McIlrath

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I have doubts they'd trade shattenkirk and Lehtera straight up for Nash and Girardi!

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I have doubts they'd trade shattenkirk and Lehtera straight up for Nash and Girardi!

no, no, no. Girardi in that hypo is #7 unless we can move him otherwise. Blues won't take a top 6 D contract back. Nash represents an upgrade on their top-line offense, potentially a complement to Tarasenko. Blues have four center contracts they arent ecstatic about- Stastny, Berglund, Sobotka, Lehtera. None are playing like a 1C, with Stastny being the closest. None are a superior 2C. They have like three great 3Cs after Stastny. Berglund also plays wing, however.

Point being, they are looking to upgrade their top-line center output, and to move from one or two of their current Cs. They'd prefer Stastny, but would move from Sobotka, Berglund or Lehtera for the right return. Their preference probably in reverse order.

I forget which, but either Rutherford or Strickland reported that Blues would be looking to move a contract in addition to Shattenkirk if for Nash. He cited Lehtera or Berglund

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I'm a grown man who does not cry, but if Zucc is traded I may shed a tear.

Should I hold off on personalizing my Rangers Alternate jersey with Zuccs name and number?

Until puckdrop for the 2016/2017 season, Id probably hold off :)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I forget which, but either Rutherford or Strickland reported that Blues would be looking to move a contract in addition to Shattenkirk if for Nash. He cited Lehtera or Berglund

Berglund we could do, but not Lehtera. He's got 3 years left at 4.7 mil. That would create too many problems with re-signing Zibanejad, Shattenkirk, Hayes, Miller and Vesey the next 2 summers.

Regardless, I don't know why people are so stuck on trading for Shattenkirk. It isn't going to happen.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Berglund we could do, but not Lehtera. He's got 3 years left at 4.7 mil. That would create too many problems with re-signing Zibanejad, Shattenkirk, Hayes, Miller and Vesey the next 2 summers.

Regardless, I don't know why people are so stuck on trading for Shattenkirk. It isn't going to happen.

I'm not stuck on Shattenkirk. But we've been interested in the past and Blues have been linked with Nash for years now.

I wonder if they'd consider Sobotka, who definitely speaks Russian. The issue there, he's been a holdout, and is a pending UFA. Not very loyal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad