Speculation: Offseason Thread XVII: Trade a spade for a jade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
I don't know that I'd want to trade Pirri. If he plays a full season as a middle six winger, why should we want to trade him? He's only 25 and he has an excellent shot. Besides PMD's, the second biggest need for the Rangers is probably snipers. Thats what Pirri is. A pure goal scorer with a really good shot.

Good, I guess....as no one would want him. How quickly a new UFA has this charm, when he was traded for a 6th rounder at the deadline last year.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
If you're basing it off of that; Rick Nash is a season removed of 50 goals. But yeah you're both right lets keep the guy who sucks at every facet of hockey besides shooting the puck :laugh:

And yeah agree with the guy who wants to keep Lundqvist unprotected as well. Do better.

Knucklepuck?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He's a gong show in his own end and most of his production has come off of playing on the PP with great players.

He had like 9 points at ES last season and has never been a good point producer at ES.

i thought it was 8 es points...literally worse than every rangers defenseman not named mcilrath...who played less than half as many games as Fowler.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He was traded for a 6th because he was injured and arbitration eligible. Come on now most here wanted him then, I'm glad we got him now.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you're basing it off of that; Rick Nash is a season removed of 50 goals. But yeah you're both right lets keep the guy who sucks at every facet of hockey besides shooting the puck :laugh:

And yeah agree with the guy who wants to keep Lundqvist unprotected as well. Do better.

This is a forum for discussion about the team. Do you just want definitive statements? I don't know why you are holding people to the ideas they suggest.

No one has said definitely protect Pirri instead of Nahs.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Are there any rhd that are completely off the radar that we could land? Yandle was a surprise to nearly everyone. Maybe we do something like that again? Thought on potential players?

That's kinda how I feel about Ellis in Nashville. In terms of expansion if they want to protect all 4 of their solid D-man they're gonna lose one of their decent fowards since they'd have to opt for the 8 players 1 goalie option. Other option is they do the 7 fowards 3 d-man and undoubtedly lose Ekholm or Ellis for nothing.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Gorton isn't hiding from anyone media catching on that we have way to many forwards right now like an absurd amount of depth and a trade has to be on the horizon. Gorton's going to start feeling the pressure this weekend to finish this off season.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Fowler's career high in primary points is 10. Doug Murray's is 8. Fowler also amazingly went without one in the lockout shortened 12-13 season

edit: that's at even strength

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
This is a forum for discussion about the team. Do you just want definitive statements? I don't know why you are holding people to the ideas they suggest.

No one has said definitely protect Pirri instead of Nahs.

You don't want to be held to what you say? Then don't make the comments :laugh:

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Dagoon basically said that Nash and a Dman are in play with a few west coast teams, they have been working the phones "for weeks" but he doesn't know if anything is close. Thats basically the summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad