Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Out of curiosity what would be substantial without there being a first round pick involved?

A top spec? Maybe a mid level spec and a pick?

I just dont see anything substantial without there being a first rounder involved.

I was thinking the same thing...

I thought "substantial" would be at least a 1st...

Mayby something like 2 2nds?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'd love the Isles to go after Stastny honestly. He would make Nielsen expendable and in a trade could really help out our blueline. Move Strome and Nelson to the wings and run:
Tavares
Stastny
Cizikas
Sundstrom

Our forward unit becomes more balanced, stay just as strong if not stronger down the middle and improve our blueline all in one swoop.

Try: Nielsen, 1st rounder(from when we trade Vanek) and a lesser prospect for Hjalmersson.

I wouldn't mind Stastny...But the Isles seems dead set on either Strome or Nelson being the future #2 center...

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I was thinking the same thing...

I thought "substantial" would be at least a 1st...

Mayby something like 2 2nds?

If this were a deeper draft, those two 2nds would hold some appeal.
But, it is not a deep draft.

I would rather have one solid prospect, then two 2nds in meh draft.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
I am not going to speculate what Snow is going to get for Vanek and MacDonald(maybe Vis or Nabby as well) but I am going to write it is going to be a crucial deadline for him. What Snow gets is really going to help shape the team next season. If he returns B level prospects and picks I feel it is a major fail on his part, He MUST get an A level prospect back or this 'rebuild' will suffer longer. I am not a Snow basher as I like many things he has done, but by swinging for the fences on the Vanek trade he must turn it into something meaningful.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
I am not going to speculate what Snow is going to get for Vanek and MacDonald(maybe Vis or Nabby as well) but I am going to write it is going to be a crucial deadline for him. What Snow gets is really going to help shape the team next season. If he returns B level prospects and picks I feel it is a major fail on his part, He MUST get an A level prospect back or this 'rebuild' will suffer longer. I am not a Snow basher as I like many things he has done, but by swinging for the fences on the Vanek trade he must turn it into something meaningful.

I believe what snow gets in these deals will not come close to shaping the team next season at all. He will only get futures, quite likely. If the trading of vanek and macdonald are to impact next years lineup, he will have to flip whatever assets he receives for an established player. I hope I am wrong and he gets a decent player, but I'm not banking on that.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
I'm surprised how much AMAC gets ripped on this board and people think we are going to get a 1st or 2nd rounder at the trade deadline for him. I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure I saw those types of posts.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I'm surprised how much AMAC gets ripped on this board and people think we are going to get a 1st or 2nd rounder at the trade deadline for him. I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure I saw those types of posts.

League perception is that he is a minute eater and blocks a ton of shots (which he does both). What the teams willing to spend for him is irrelevant to Islanders HFB's ripping of him. We on the other hand get to see every bad play he makes night in and night out. I see no reason we can't get a 1st for him.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Anyone afraid snow might be looking to land a "Islanders" style player like Clutterbuck?

I like Clutter but Id be pissed if all we got for Vanek is a 3rd liner and a draft pick...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
League perception is that he is a minute eater and blocks a ton of shots (which he does both). What the teams willing to spend for him is irrelevant to Islanders HFB's ripping of him. We on the other hand get to see every bad play he makes night in and night out. I see no reason we can't get a 1st for him.

his abysmal cap hit also increases his value

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI

This is a good point. But do you think the minute eater might have been because VIS missed 40 something games? So if he is worth a 1st round pick isn't that a good value player to have on your team? I understand the business and economics, but he is still on the younger side who has experience and an "A" on his jersey which to me entails some leadership qualities that might be important for Griff, Pulock and maybe Pokka and Pelech to learn from.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
This is a good point. But do you think the minute eater might have been because VIS missed 40 something games? So if he is worth a 1st round pick isn't that a good value player to have on your team? I understand the business and economics, but he is still on the younger side who has experience and an "A" on his jersey which to me entails some leadership qualities that might be important for Griff, Pulock and maybe Pokka and Pelech to learn from.

Yes but not at 5years and 25 Million

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Yes but not at 5years and 25 Million

Who else are they going to pay? It's not as though this $5M is going to put the isles over the cap. Hell, they'll need to pay someone just to reach the cap floor hahahahahahahahahaha! Thanks, wang, you jackass!!!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Lubo has a partial NO TRADE CLAUSE..
He cannot be traded until the 2014-2015 season and even then, the isles have to be out of the playoff race.

And what do fans think playoff bound teams are giving up for Vanek/AMac/Nabby ?
They are giving up picks and prospects. Those picks and prospects will not shape next season's team.

The UFA goalie Snow signs will shape next season's team. Or the goalie he trades for.
Whether Snow can land a vet for the top 4 or top 6 this summer, will shape the roster.

Whether kids like Reinhart and Strome can step in and contribute will shape next year's team.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Anyone afraid snow might be looking to land a "Islanders" style player like Clutterbuck?

I like Clutter but Id be pissed if all we got for Vanek is a 3rd liner and a draft pick...

Press says Snow offered Nino for Schneider. Gillis told Snow he would get back to him. When he did not, Snow made the CC trade.

I would be more satisfied with trading Nino, if the return had been Schneider.

I don't think Snow focused on CC as some sort of Snow type player. He was the best return on a top prospect, whose trade value was in the toilet.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Press says Snow offered Nino for Schneider. Gillis told Snow he would get back to him. When he did not, Snow made the CC trade.

I would be more satisfied with trading Nino, if the return had been Schneider.

I don't think Snow focused on CC as some sort of Snow type player. He was the best return on a top prospect, whose trade value was in the toilet.

I was not referring to what it took(Nina) to get CC but more so Snow wanting a player that fit the isles "system"

Nina had the lowest value he possible will ever have at the time of his trade...

Im more or less saying give me Toffoli and a 2nd over a Frattin and a 1st...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Good news for the Isles..Sharks are rumored to be looking for an Offensive help on the wing.

Could begin bidding war with LAK and ANA

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Good news for the Isles..Sharks are rumored to be looking for an Offensive help on the wing.

Could begin bidding war with LAK and ANA

San Jose doesn't really have anything the Islanders need, unless they're crazy enough to trade Hertl/Braun/Demers for Vanek. They don't really have any prospects/on-the-cusp NHLers.

EDIT: Actually, Nieto, something, and a 1st would be a nice haul.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
San Jose doesn't really have anything the Islanders need, unless they're crazy enough to trade Hertl/Braun/Demers for Vanek. They don't really have any prospects/on-the-cusp NHLers.

EDIT: Actually, Nieto, something, and a 1st would be a nice haul.

agreed that Nieto is really the only thing I like from them that they might be willing do give up...

My think was this adds another team in the arms race for Vanek and LAK and ANA is in the division..

If SJ is serious, LAK and Lombardi just might be willing to move a Toffoli or Zykov in a deal with Vanek...

Ultimately a bidding war for Vanek is what we want...

The only negative is the TDL is close so time may not be on our side, unless Garth is having conversations as we speak...

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
agreed that Nieto is really the only thing I like from them that they might be willing do give up...

My think was this adds another team in the arms race for Vanek and LAK and ANA is in the division..

If SJ is serious, LAK and Lombardi just might be willing to move a Toffoli or Zykov in a deal with Vanek...

Ultimately a bidding war for Vanek is what we want...

The only negative is the TDL is close so time may not be on our side, unless Garth is having conversations as we speak...

He damn well better be.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not sure if you are serious in this post. Stastny would be the second best player on the islanders if we traded for him.

I think Stastny is a unrestricted free agent in July.

I doubt the isles trade for him. Maybe make him an offer in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad