Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Is Jagr a UFA?

I swear with the way he looks this year I would give him a 1yr 6mil deal to come here...

Jagr has worn pretty much every jersey in the old Atlantic Division, he might as well be perfect and add the Isles to the scrapbook. There's a LW spot available next to Tavares and Okposo. He'd help out PP.

1-year for $3.5M - $4M. It would be hilarious if he did sign with us.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
What about this offseason deal, assuming we don't win the lotto and finish with the 4th or 5th pick:

to Winnipeg: NYI 1st(4th/5th) and Ryan Pulock, D

to NYI: Zach Bogosian, D, and WIN '14 2nd(38th)

Bogosian has regressed a bit this year and could be available in the offseason for the right price. IMO, that's a pretty solid payment that favors the Jets. Either way, it would leave us with this:

de Haan - Hamonic
Hickey/Strait - Bogosian
Reinhart - Visnovsky
x - Strait/Hickey

Everyone gets their wish. Another top-4D and Reinhart limited to the 3rd pairing. Plus solid depth with one of Hickey or Strait as the #7, most likely a cheap veteran signed as an AHL emergency callup, and Mayfield/Pokka/Pelech/Donovan/Pedan as insurance(again, it's likely that one will emerge as a real NHL option at some point - even without Pulock in that group).

Good, bad, or ugly?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
What about this offseason deal, assuming we don't win the lotto and finish with the 4th or 5th pick:

Bogosian has regressed a bit this year and could be available in the offseason for the right price. IMO, that's a pretty solid payment that favors the Jets. Either way, it would leave us with this:

de Haan - Hamonic
Hickey/Strait - Bogosian
Reinhart - Visnovsky
x - Strait/Hickey

Everyone gets their wish. Another top-4D and Reinhart limited to the 3rd pairing. Plus solid depth with one of Hickey or Strait as the #7, most likely a cheap veteran signed as an AHL emergency callup, and Mayfield/Pokka/Pelech/Donovan/Pedan as insurance(again, it's likely that one will emerge as a real NHL option at some point - even without Pulock in that group).

Good, bad, or ugly?
I think I would have a heart attack from the shock of reading we signed Bogo. Ain't gonna happen! I'd be thrilled if we signed Mark Stuart.

Hamonic/Dehaan
Visnovski/Strait
Stuart/Hickey
Carkner

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
How does Vanek for Magnus Paajarvi + a pick sound?

I haven't ever really seen the kid play much at all to be honest. I know he hasn't really been given much of a chance to play on the Blues given how deep they are - which is why they could afford to deal him for a rental.

Can anyone here offer more insight on him and his game? Does he still have the potential to be the great player he was in Jr (10th overall pick)?

Anyway, whether MPS is the right player of not, I don't know. But I do think a trade along these lines is something we're most likely going to see - Vanek dealt to a playoff contender for an under-used young roster player w/ clear top 6 upside + a pick (hopefully a 1st).

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

de Haan - Hamonic
Hickey/Strait - Bogosian
Reinhart - Visnovsky
x - Strait/Hickey

Good, bad, or ugly?

Pulock projects to be a lot better but they have former Islander Kitchton who is a RHS offensive defenseman...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

I haven't ever really seen the kid play much at all to be honest. I know he hasn't really been given much of a chance to play on the Blues given how deep they are - which is why they could afford to deal him for a rental.

Can anyone here offer more insight on him and his game? Does he still have the potential to be the great player he was in Jr (10th overall pick)?

Anyway, whether MPS is the right player of not, I don't know. But I do think a trade along these lines is something we're most likely going to see - Vanek dealt to a playoff contender for an under-used young roster player w/ clear top 6 upside + a pick (hopefully a 1st).

it doesn't sound good....Im not big on him...

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Bogosian is under contract for another 6 years.
I would love to have him on the Islanders but I just don't believe they are going to go that route. I'm thinking they are going to find mid level guys that will slot in the bottom 4 on relatively cheap short term contracts. That's been their MO for years now and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Let's wait and see what Vanek and Amac bring back in return first. Hopefully we fill some holes for next year with those deals.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011

de Haan - Hamonic
Hickey/Strait - Bogosian
Reinhart - Visnovsky
x - Strait/Hickey

Good, bad, or ugly?

I dunno man...I think I'd rather hang on to our 1st + Pulock and have Hickey or Strait play bottom pair.

If it wasn't a top 10 pick I'd consider it though. And if we had our 1st the year after I'd consider it even more. I'm just not a fan of going 2 years in a row without a 1st...especially when one of them is a top 5 pick.

Also, Bogo is signed long term at a little over 5+ a year. That would be a pretty big contract coming in. Isles taking in big contract + giving up top 5 pick and Pulock (who has been getting better and better) - I'm not sure I like.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

de Haan - Hamonic
Hickey/Strait - Bogosian
Reinhart - Visnovsky
x - Strait/Hickey

Good, bad, or ugly?

i like the fact yoy have identified the need for a legit top 4 dman and realised that vis is best used as a bottom pairing dman/pp at this stage of his career. I am not even concerned about what we would give up....just happy/releaved to have a real nhl dman in the lineup. it wpuld go along way for this club and its young prospects. Whether wpg makes that deal...i dunno

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Is Jagr a UFA?

I swear with the way he looks this year I would give him a 1yr 6mil deal to come here...

Didn't he say that this year is his last?

Ew. Absolutely not. Paajarvi has been such a disappointment.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
If Vanek is traded to the Penguins outside of a 1st round pick and Despres what else do the have to offer. I don`t see them offering Pouliot or Mattaa and I don't blame them. I guess Triston Jarry is an option as well from them.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
No. Just... ******* no. I would not help that pool of dirty, nhl-sweet-heart brats except for the most extreme overpayment.

:laugh: I hear you. Be an optimist. They can't really afford to keep Vanek long-term under the cap, right? So if they don't win the Cup we stole assets from them for nothing.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
:laugh: I hear you. Be an optimist. They can't really afford to keep Vanek long-term under the cap, right? So if they don't win the Cup we stole assets from them for nothing.

If Vanek had some incurable communicable disease, yes. Barring that, no way. I hate that team of dirty cry babies and their crybaby owner more than the Rags. I hope they never win a cup again. I'd rather watch Vanek walk than trade with them, out of unadulterated spite.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
If we got Bennett, Despres, and a 1st from Vanek and he walks (they're not winning the Cup with or without him), that would be worth it.

If we got Bennett, Despres and a 1st for Vanek, I wouldn't care if they did win the Cup. But that's too much to expect, IMO. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I just don't see that kind of return.

I'm terrible at making up trades, and I love Cizikas, but how about Vanek plus Cizikas for Despres and Sutter and a pick.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
If Vanek had some incurable communicable disease, yes. Barring that, no way. I hate that team of dirty cry babies and their crybaby owner more than the Rags. I hope they never win a cup again. I'd rather watch Vanek walk than trade with them, out of unadulterated spite.

Well done. Out of deep respect, I defer to your hatred of the Pens. :handclap:

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO

This globetrotting native Western Pennsylvanian concurs. :handclap:

Now, someone give him Mono, so we can steal Despres & Bennett & a 1st so we can watch them collapse against the B's again.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Pittsburgh is an awesome city. I was there for the Frozen Four. Everything about that place is awesome except for the Penguins.

Agreed - if it weren't for career choice (Austin was 'booming' for sound work well before Pittsburgh was, so I left a decade ago) I'd be back. Austin's okay, but I miss the hell out of the northeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad