Off-season thread

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Is there any way Bowness would want Seguin in Winnipeg? He is signed for several years and knows Bowness’ system. Winnipeg needs signed guys cause clearly they all want to leave that place.

• Wow
Reactions: Elysian

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Is there any way Bowness would want Seguin in Winnipeg? He is signed for several years and knows Bowness’ system. Winnipeg needs signed guys cause clearly they all want to leave that place.
Why would Seguin want to go to of all places Winnipeg?

Reactions: Elysian

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Reminiscent of when the Senators were insisting on Heiskanen for Karlsson and seemed offended that the offer was Hintz+

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
So were there no postseason injury updates yet or did I miss that discussion somewhere?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
So were there no postseason injury updates yet or did I miss that discussion somewhere?
This is my summary:
- Dadonov wasn't going to return
- Hakanpaa is getting knee surgery and had a back injury
- Oettinger had a leg injury he never fully recovered from

Otherwise, yeah, other guys had the normal bumps and bruises but there wasn't a long list of dudes with horrible injuries. The Stars we saw were essentially as healthy as you get from any playoff team three rounds in.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Reminiscent of when the Senators were insisting on Heiskanen for Karlsson and seemed offended that the offer was Hintz+
I thought Hintz was not on the table either. If he was on the table they got screwed.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Why would Seguin want to go to of all places Winnipeg?
Why not? If you are approached about waiving your no trade cause a team want to move on and your old coach is a team you make a trade with why not go there? Plus if Canada and he is Canadian. I personally don’t get it but I’m on the debrincat side of I would rather play in the US. US>Canada. Texas also > Canada.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
This is my summary:
- Dadonov wasn't going to return
- Hakanpaa is getting knee surgery and had a back injury
- Oettinger had a leg injury he never fully recovered from

Otherwise, yeah, other guys had the normal bumps and bruises but there wasn't a long list of dudes with horrible injuries. The Stars we saw were essentially as healthy as you get from any playoff team three rounds in.

On the Stars app Nill runs through it.

But yep Dadonov main Injury, wouldn't have played in SCF. Hakanpaa having a clean out surgery on Knee.

Outside that bruised but healthy

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Why not? If you are approached about waiving your no trade cause a team want to move on and your old coach is a team you make a trade with why not go there? Plus if Canada and he is Canadian. I personally don’t get it but I’m on the debrincat side of I would rather play in the US. US>Canada. Texas also > Canada.
The dudes most likely to put Winnipeg on their no trade lists are Canadians. They know better than us Americans how Winnipeg is the worst city to live in.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Ok, but hear me out.
- trade Marchment and Delly for Debrincat
- buyout Suter
- Sign Daddy, Mayfield

Robertson - Hintz - Pavelski
Debrincat - Seguin - Stankoven
Benn - Johnston - Daddy
Olofsson - Faksa - Bourque
Blumel

Heiskanen - Mayfield
Harley - Lundkvist
Lindell - Hakanpaa
Hanley

Oettinger
Wedgwood

As a Sens fan... deal.

• Love
Reactions: 506

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Texas isn't even better than Ohio, much less Canada :laugh:

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
(You could argue this is just GM speak) Nill said buyouts weren't on the table. For whatever that's worth.

What the hell is Columbus doing??? Going all-in with a half-in roster?
Oh for sure. But Nill usually doesn't stray much from what he says in his pressers either.

Is anyone opposed to signing Connor Clifton? I can't foresee him commanding a lot in FA.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Yea, he was also who I was looking at :/

Trust in Nill to figure out the offseason I guess. Lundqvist is still part of the team here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad