Off-season thread

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Is anyone going to be left in Philly? Seems like everyone is for sale. Nill konecny would be a great add. Send them marchment back as well.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Not saying Dallas will do it but ovechkin’s window is closed in DC. I know he has a cup already but kind of surprised he does not want to go to a contender. Unless they massively retool I don’t think they are a playoff team.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
65" is the limit for NHL sticks even if you're 20 feet tall so he would look extremely awkward and uncomfortable all the time. I think that's like 6" or more too short for him. They'd probably change the rulebook because you really can't play like that.

That's ignoring that his frame is pretty garbage for hockey. He needs bulk at that height or he'll break in some collisions.

When we team him up with Ovechkin and Karlsson we'll be in a good spot though.

Reactions: roryjones

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
That Wembanyama talk reminds me that I recently learned that Tom Glavine was a second round NHL pick. Any athletes in other sports out there that are good at hockey that are bored at their current sport? Hmm. The world needs a hockey version of Bo Jackson. May as well be with the Stars!

• Wow
Reactions: Satan

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Another year, and the same conversation continues. We need a top pairing d-man and a top 6 winger.

Same shit, different toilet.

Reactions: The Tourist

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I like him but I’m not as high on him as most here. Wyatt is an outlier and an impressive one at that. I don’t expect Stankoven to perform as well as WJ in his first year.
I am trying to temper expectations with Stankoven but it's difficult. I don't expect him to do as well as WJ did this year but it is possible, especially factoring in that Stankoven will be a year older than WJ was in his first year.

Reactions: DieselPig and LT

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I feel we have the ability to solve 1 of the problems this year, but not both.

So I'd prioritise getting a defenseman that can truly robin effectively to Miro.

Get a top pairing D, or at least a d man that can help Miro continue his growth as top 5 league Defenseman with a partner that brings out his strengths while also improving the overall position group.

It's going to be at the expense of a winger but think we have alot at forward to be strong...then see what we can get at the TDL if it's a need.

Reactions: Kipper 17

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Stankoven doesn't need to perform as well as Wyatt., he won't be looked to shoulder the 3 zone responsibility of the center. WJ is on a superstar trajectory, Stankoven we just want to be a scoring winger sparkplug and if he's more, great. And like catters said above we just saw how ridiculously easy it was to acquire top-9 forwards at the deadline if necessary.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Stankoven doesn't need to perform as well as Wyatt., he won't be looked to shoulder the 3 zone responsibility of the center. WJ is on a superstar trajectory, Stankoven we just want to be a scoring winger sparkplug and if he's more, great. And like catters said above we just saw how ridiculously easy it was to acquire top-9 forwards at the deadline if necessary.

?? Offensively he absolutely would need to in order to be a contributor in the top 6.

A 30 point player isn’t 2nd line material and Stankoven’s game isn’t suited for a bottom 6 role.

Johno

Deserved it Tour - the sloppy seconds
Oct 30, 2013
Pulju would only drag down the rest of the Finns. Lacks any sort of drive to succeed.
Thank you, but no thank you.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
?? Offensively he absolutely would need to in order to be a contributor in the top 6.

A 30 point player isn’t 2nd line material and Stankoven’s game isn’t suited for a bottom 6 role.
the way pdb rolls lines i don't think that's as big of a concern. and while stank can improve along the boards, his skating and hustle are fantastic.. he's not a liability from a defensive standpoint.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Brett Pesce could be available, per The Athletic.
In the case of Pesce, who enters the trade board at No. 9, he recently changed representation to Judd Moldover. Often when a player changes agents, he’s been promised by his new agent a pretty good contract is coming his way. And Moldover has signed some nice deals for his clients elsewhere. So the current understanding of the situation is this: If Pesce’s demands aren’t realistic to what Carolina had in mind, the Canes may very well trade him this summer.

That feels like the move.

Last edited:
Reactions: redbeardtx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad