Off-season thread

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Saw a fan on the Bruins board saying Sweeney should have signed Kiviranta over JVR, just curious what you all thought about him. Thanks!

Kiviranta is a 12/13th forward and nothing more. Decent 4th line guy but there's no upside really. No one would/should take him over JVR imo. He's not the player we briefly saw in the bubble

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Half the comments players make get blown out of proportion, or twisted around in some way. Petey is still fairly young, and the team seems to be heading in a better direction then before. I doubt he even leaves if they miss the playoffs

I can see them grabbing one of the WC spots. Seems to be alot of questionable teams like STL, Nash, Flames, and even the Jets and Wild could be thrown in there

I mean the Canucks mostly have to show they are a stable franchise which is a low bar but one they haven't really been able to clear consistently ever since Petterson got there . Last season was just a spectacular dumpsterfire from both team and management

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I for one love seeing Jordie get another shot with the Stars, and playing with Jamie.

Whether this is a favour by Nill and allowing Jordie to have one last camp with Jamie, or if they actually believe he will be an upgrade over a guy like Hakanpaa/Hanley. Either way it’s cool to see, and I’m sure the Benn family is super excited.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Johno

Deserved it Tour - the sloppy seconds
Oct 30, 2013
not really

I guess that could be it. But still he isn’t making the big club and not sure there’s more need for stopgaps in Cedar Park.

Guess I’m just overthinking it because of the connection.

The NHL requires teams to play a minimum number of actual NHL players in preseason. This is how a number of teams hit the number. It's why 99% of these PTO guys are cut right after the last preseason game.

Now this I could see.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I guess that could be it. But still he isn’t making the big club and not sure there’s more need for stopgaps in Cedar Park.

Guess I’m just overthinking it because of the connection.

Now this I could see.

Doesn't the AHL have some maximum NHL or AHL veteran rule or something ? Texas already has quite a collection of guys with 100+ NHL and AHL games on defense . Doubt he plays in the AHL if/when the PTO doesn't work out

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Doesn't the AHL have some maximum NHL or AHL veteran rule or something ? Texas already has quite a collection of guys with 100+ NHL and AHL games on defense . Doubt he plays in the AHL if/when the PTO doesn't work out

What is the AHL’s development rule?

In the AHL, player development is a top priority. The American Hockey League and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association have the following development rule in place:

Of the eighteen (18) skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least thirteen (13) must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, twelve (12) must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
My personal favorite Jordie moment

There’s another one that I can’t believe I can’t find. It was against I think the Wild in Minnesota, where he scored and then pumped the crowd up from the bench. Think he got trolled on the Jumbotron for looking like Yukon Cornelius. Pretty funny.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

What is the AHL’s development rule?

In the AHL, player development is a top priority. The American Hockey League and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association have the following development rule in place:

Of the eighteen (18) skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least thirteen (13) must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, twelve (12) must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

Not as bad as i thought but i doubt they're adding another veteran for Texas on top of McKenzie , Caamano , Petrovic , Pouliot and eventually Bayreuther since 5 is exactly the threshhold

redbeardtx

Unregistered User
Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Do we have any update on BSSW local black out for streaming folks?
BSSW can eat all the dicks. I live less than 30 minutes from the AAC and can only get Frontier FiOS (formerly Verizon). I have to use online streaming websites because those c***s***ers couldn't come to terms and dropped the channel altogether. If you find anything out do me a favor and post it here, thx

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I live in Dallas too and have YouTube TV. Watching local sports is such bullshit. I did the NordVPN route two years ago and it was such a pain in the ass. I can't believe Mark Cuban hasn't solved this for local fans.

redbeardtx

Unregistered User
Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
It was easier to watch Stars games when I lived in Alaska compared to living here in Dallas. Plus Alaska had no blackouts for any team in any sport, so there was never an issue. The people in charge of this crap need to get their shit together. I'm willing to give them money to watch games and they still can't figure it out...

Edit: plus I'm not even a cord-cutter struggling to watch sports like a lot of people are right now. Total bullshit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad