Off-season thread

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I've seen some speculation that I tend to agree with about Kane waiting until later in the season to sign. Guarantees that he'll be able to pick a legitimate contender to sign with, and buys the team(s) some extra time and space to work out the cap and roster.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Feel like Kane was an option when Duchene and Domi were options. Maybe things open back up later though.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I've seen some speculation that I tend to agree with about Kane waiting until later in the season to sign. Guarantees that he'll be able to pick a legitimate contender to sign with, and buys the team(s) some extra time and space to work out the cap and roster.

You’d have to assume the Pens are going to want him too. Them acquiring Karlsson was so weird but if they want to give it one last hurrah then Kane would fit that perfectly.

It might explain the Steel signing if the plan is to move Faksa out to make room for Kane. But our C depth would still be overloaded.

Hintz/Johnston/Seguin/Faksa/Dellandrea/Steel

I get you can move Dellandrea to the wing and send Steel to cedar park but then why sign a vet like Craig Smith? I guess injury insurance?

Reactions: 506 and LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nill allways says that you can never have enough depth and he sure signs players like he means that. Not to mention the team likes stacking up on Centers instead of wingers on depth lines . They just like the flexibility.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also IRC ever since they changed the faceoff rules that teams can chose the side of the ice where the faceoff will happen teams and especially the Stars like to have 2 guys who can take draws ( and are preferably have different strong sides ) on every line. Meaning they try to have at least 2 guys who have experience at center on every line.

We can dismiss faceoffs all we want but the Stars are clearly looking at that since the team has been one of the best faceoff percentage teams ( actually the best in the league going back from 2017-18 to now) in the league for quite some time now.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also from Wisconsin like Pavs and Suter . Sincerely doubt thats a coincidence

Johno

Deserved it Tour - the sloppy seconds
Oct 30, 2013
Something something why didn't Bowness play him in Minnesota *tears*

This place was on full melt down, good times.
Still don’t get why you feel like the fact that people got upset about the handling of the situation is uncalled for. No one ever argued he was some great talent that deserved more playing time. Only that it was shitty towards a player in his hometown who was promised to be playing. But to each their own.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
3f2.jpeg

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Don't remember anyone being in "full meltdown" mode, but like Johno said, it was pretty shitty thing to do.

Also kind of ironic Mr.Heiskanen is the one to post that and M88k liked it. If someone was to ask me which Stars posters have the biggest meltdowns on the board....
I don't have meltdowns.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Something something why didn't Bowness play him in Minnesota *tears*

This place was on full melt down, good times.
You mean the game where Bowness scratched Tufte at the last minute because Bowness had a particular matchup in mind and the Stars got smoked in the game by the Wild? Yeah, good times. Genius coach.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Still people defending the absolute pylon that is Tufte, the worst 1st round selection in the history of the team that shouldn't be anywhere near an NHL lineup. Comical.

Bowness > Tufte all day baby.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Riley Tufte's only career goal so far came in Minnesota btw. Stars won that game 6-3 :sarcasm:

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Still people defending the absolute pylon that is Tufte, the worst 1st round selection in the history of the team that shouldn't be anywhere near an NHL lineup. Comical.

Bowness > Tufte all day baby.

Scott Glennie and it isn't even close. He admitted the Stars never even interviewed him, and Tufte was a consensus pick in the range he was selected. He's definitely a bust, but he's hardly even close to the worst.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Scott Glennie and it isn't even close. He admitted the Stars never even interviewed him, and Tufte was a consensus pick in the range he was selected. He's definitely a bust, but he's hardly even close to the worst.

Scott Glennie was a good junior player and good AHL player who never had the desire to take his game to the top level.

Tufte was a 7'0 Hulk who beat up 16 year old kids in high school hockey and somehow magically got drafted in the first round.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Scott Glennie was a good junior player and good AHL player who never had the desire to take his game to the top level.

Tufte was a 7'0 Hulk who beat up 16 year old kids in high school hockey and somehow magically got drafted in the first round.

Glennie was a top 10 draft pick Tufte a very late first rounder . The Glennie pick hurt alot more for the Stars as did the Jack Campbell pick the very next draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad