Off-season thread

serp

Jan 17, 2016
On draft day, Gurianov was even worse.

Yeah but the 19-20 season and playoffs alone make sure Gurianov is not Nills worst pick. He scored the goal that send the Stars to the SCF in 2020 . That by ittself makes him a better pick .

He didn't develop at all after that run and it was time to move on from him but he had his moments with the Stars.

Reactions: LT

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yeah but the 19-20 season and playoffs alone make sure Gurianov is not Nills worst pick. He scored the goal that send the Stars to the SCF in 2020 . That by ittself makes him a better pick .

He didn't develop at all after that run and it was time to move on from him but he had his moments with the Stars.
That's fair. Even if Gurianov's time with the Stars can add up to maybe five total months of good play, that's still five more months than Honka ever delivered. And Gurianov did yield some NHL help return in a trade where Honka had zero trade value.

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Yes. Hence "on draft day".

Honka was a "meh, okay I guess" pick. Gurianov was straight up disappointing and anger-inducing.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think I take the first group. Oleksiak and Faksa have carved out very respectable NHL careers.
Same here.

The bottom group has two guys who were never NHLers in Tufte and Honk, one whose run as a contributing NHLer has been very limited, and one who is 28 years old yet only has two high-end seasons to show for it with one of those ending with him fleeing his team during the playoffs because he hired the wrong prostitute.

Faksa's game has declined, but he's been a solid team player since he entered the league. Oleksiak has also been a solid player for a few seasons now. Campbell is a wild ride you can't trust. Glennie is nothing but a Stars trivia question at this point. But on the whole, two real NHLers are better than one. So give me group two.

Reactions: 506

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I look forward to facing you guys in the playoffs again (hopefully). Just like old times! I just hope one of us comes out of the west for the finals and not Vegas or Edmonton.

Reactions: Sports2 and Zapp

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You could see him ending up with Colorado from a mile away. Not gonna lie I figured he'd get a contract somewhere not a PTO. Decent depth guy. He'd fit well with their play style

They signed Tufte & Olofsson as well lol

Reactions: Magic Mittens

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kivis offensive numbers outside the playoffs are abysmal outside of one season and in that year he only played like 1/3 of the season because of injury. Glendening you can allways use to win faceoffs if nothing else but a winger that produces almost zero offense is a really hard sell.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
All the drama around Matthews and Pettersson makes me a proud Roope father

To be fair if the Stars were a dumperfire like the Canucks i have serious doubts Roope or anyone would be happy and wanted to stay long term and the Leafs well they allways have drama with somebody. Thats just the Leafs

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Half the comments players make get blown out of proportion, or twisted around in some way. Petey is still fairly young, and the team seems to be heading in a better direction then before. I doubt he even leaves if they miss the playoffs

I can see them grabbing one of the WC spots. Seems to be alot of questionable teams like STL, Nash, Flames, and even the Jets and Wild could be thrown in there

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Nill doing Jordie a solid by letting him take preseason training someplace familiar, which allows Jordie to state that he's ready to go when a team with weak D depth gets an early injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad