Off-season thread

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Is the Bally's $20/month streaming app not an option?
That's what I'm not clear on. The Stars schedule only has TV provider listed for nationally broadcasted games and some random ESPN+/Hulu games. I see packages available for $20/mo for Stars and Mavs, but I'm not clear on if Bally's will be around in October.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
There was an article on The Athletic a while back about the Stars’ jersey numbers and how/why they got them. Interestingly - Dellandrea wants to be #53 because it has personal meaning to him, but Johnston was given it. Johnston would be #55 but Harley was given it. I’d assume Harley would be #48 if he could, which is vacant.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I get that bridge deals are dead and buried and the 2nd contract in general is an endangered species but going from 1 (one) year of NHL play straight to the max is some crazy shit.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ottawa now has 5 young guys paid between 7-8.5M . They better start winning something very soon . ALso a glut of well paid veterans and role players. That team has to make the playoffs now imho and be a semi-contender soon-ish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dallasman

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I was skimming Capfriendly and noticed this, never saw it posted anywhere else so I am the #Insider

BRANDON HALVERSON​

Logo of the Dallas StarsDallas Stars (Professional Tryout)​

Goaltender​

Estimated Career Earnings
Tooltip
: $497,062

Makes sense getting in another goalie for training camp since we only have 4 signed this year the guys stats are complete ass lol

Reactions: Johno and Satan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well Texas has former WHL goalie Bryan Thomson under AHL only contract . I assume he also signs a PTO or ATO and competes in the Dallas camp until the Texas Stars camp opens.

Halverson seems pretty bad. Wasn't even good in DEL2 last season . Looks like a warm body for practise . Nothing more

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Well Texas has former WHL goalie Bryan Thomson under AHL only contract . I assume he also signs a PTO or ATO and competes in the Dallas camp until the Texas Stars camp opens.

Halverson seems pretty bad. Wasn't even good in DEL2 last season . Looks like a warm body for practise . Nothing more

Johno

Deserved it Tour - the sloppy seconds
Oct 30, 2013

The team was shit tho. Like utterly so. They finished last place with a 24 point gap to the second last place. The same difference as between the second last and 5th place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad