Off-season thread

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Think we will get the Traverse roster before the event starts? They taking their sweet as time this year.

Johno

Deserved it Tour - the sloppy seconds
Oct 30, 2013
Think we will get the Traverse roster before the event starts? They taking their sweet as time this year.
Half the fun is trying to figure out who is playing from 3 instagram photos and 6 second IG story :sarcasm:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Jacob Murray the only invite not at development camp. We got 24 year old Ben Berard coming which is hilarious.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Absolutely no suprises on that roster. They could've released this 2-3 weeks ago honestly just like the Red Wings did.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Can someone make another Twitter account that only reposts Saad's hockey coverage. Being barraged with Cowboys stuff just to keep up with the Stars is infuriating.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Can someone make another Twitter account that only reposts Saad's hockey coverage. Being barraged with Cowboys stuff just to keep up with the Stars is infuriating.
Does Saad tweet at all about the Stars anymore? He is no longer a Stars beat writer on the Athletic, they switched him to the Cowboys

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Does Saad tweet at all about the Stars anymore? He is no longer a Stars beat writer on the Athletic, they switched him to the Cowboys

He's doing both this year. He's said he'll still be contributing to the Stars coverage but wont be on the beat full time.

Reactions: Ratbath

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Cowboys already have a gazillion beat writers and Twitter personalities . Not sure why this had to happen but Saad was allways more of a football even basketball guy to begin with . Just sucks for Stars coverage even if Saad wasn't allways that great

Reactions: account deactivated

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well thats not what i mean. You guys are doing a great job and all. Just sucks the bigger sports outlets don't really cover the Stars and thats while they are clearly a contender. Its just not a good look .

Not to mention is there even a beat writer traveling with the team anymore ? Heika does but he is a team employee so that kinda doesn't count.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Cool . I think they've done that the last couple of years too. Last season 100% .

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Well thats not what i mean. You guys are doing a great job and all. Just sucks the bigger sports outlets don't really cover the Stars and thats while they are clearly a contender. Its just not a good look .

Not to mention is there even a beat writer traveling with the team anymore ? Heika does but he is a team employee so that kinda doesn't count.

Hah. Wasn't directed at you. But I agree it sucks.

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Ungrateful SOBs.

Of course, you're gonna pump that guy's links, your username and everything just shows how much of a fanboy for him you are. :sarcasm:

Reactions: David Castillo

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Ungrateful SOBs.

Your articles are always appreciated and on-point. At least someone is calling attention to how absurd this was. The pairing didn't make sense from a conceptual standpoint, it didn't make sense after seeing it in action and it never got any better. It failed the eye test and every analytical test you could dream up. You slightly excuse DeBoer by saying that he may have felt forced into that conclusion, but ultimately the buck stops with him to prevent a pair like that from forming.

I like Jani as a guy but his value comes from balancing the overall complexion of the team. There is still space (albeit ever-dwindling) for a physical force on the team, but a player with Hakanpaa's puck limitations can't rise above the 3rd pair. Just can't happen.

Reactions: David Castillo

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I actually agree, but I didn't want to fall down that rabbit hole for the sake of clarity. No excuses this season though: I really can't envision a world where Harley is still buried on the third pair. He seemed to acknowledge as much with Harley's icetime in the Vegas series, which went way up.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Ungrateful SOBs.

David I love you and all you do. I do miss having a regular person who travels with the team I can follow now that Saad's feed is corrupted.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Vimeo this year, interesting. Wonder if the streaming on team websites is broken since they launched the new NHL platform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad