Off-season thread

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The team was shit tho. Like utterly so. They finished last place with a 24 point gap to the second last place. The same difference as between the second last and 5th place.

Well his numbers in the relegation games are much worse than that of Olafr Schmidt who was the other goalie who played there. If the team stayed with Halverson they would've been relegated to the third division ( which didn't matter in the end because the team didn't get the licence for DEL2 anyway because of finacial problems )

Not to mention Halverson has some pretty ugly AHL and even ECHL numbers under his belt too

It seems very unlikely the team has any kind of plans for him other than another body for training camp even if the team suddenly starts to have injuries at the goalie position. Halverson does not look like a guy you want even at the AHL level maybe not even ECHL level.

Last edited:

Johno

Deserved it Tour - the sloppy seconds
Oct 30, 2013
Well his numbers in the relegation games are much worse than that of Olafr Schmidt who was the other goalie who played there. If the team stayed with Halverson they would've been relegated to the third division ( which didn't matter in the end because the team didn't get the licence for DEL2 anyway because of finacial problems )

Not to mention Halverson has some pretty ugly AHL and even ECHL numbers under his belt too

It seems very unlikely the team has any kind of plans for him other than another body for training camp even if the team suddenly starts to have injuries at the goalie position. Halverson does not look like a guy you want even at the AHL level maybe not even ECHL level.
Yep, the other guy played well in the relegation. But to be fair, it looks more like a hot streak than anything else.
Anywho, not someone you want to play anything more than ECHL games and at 27 isn't likely to develop further.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The team was shit tho. Like utterly so. They finished last place with a 24 point gap to the second last place. The same difference as between the second last and 5th place.

The guy has a 3.00 / .900 average stats the last six seasons across ECHL, AHL, and DEL2.. just bad bad bad numbers everywhere he has played. But yeah he is simply someone who is standing in the net for training camp practices, nothing more nothing less.

The most intriguing part of the invite to me is how they even found this guy, 4 ECHL games, no games played and then DEL2 over the last three years. You would think some other free agent players would stand out to invite before someone like this just based on catching some AHL/ECHL games.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The guy has a 3.00 / .900 average stats the last six seasons across ECHL, AHL, and DEL2.. just bad bad bad numbers everywhere he has played. But yeah he is simply someone who is standing in the net for training camp practices, nothing more nothing less.

The most intriguing part of the invite to me is how they even found this guy, 4 ECHL games, no games played and then DEL2 over the last three years. You would think some other free agent players would stand out to invite before someone like this just based on catching some AHL/ECHL games.

My best guess is some kind of Michigan Tech connection with Scott White since Halverson is from Michigan. He hasn't played there but maybe knows some guys who have connections to the Stars.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Before Glendening Cogs wore that number and before him Hanzal and Curtis McKenzie . #11 hasn't been wore by someone good since Stars moved to Dallas

Reactions: Hull Fan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So the 3 top prospects now have gotten somewhat "normal" jersey numbers . Meaning the team expects them to make an impact soon. Kind of funny Wyatt is still #53 and i don't think he's going to change that number now that he already played a full season with it. The team clearly wanted him to make the roster last season and he still stayed with #53 despite that. Normally top prospects get "normal" numbers when they are close. Wyatt somehow didn't.

So many wierd-ish numbers in recent years. Guess Gaglardi is now fine with them .

Last edited:
Reactions: piqued

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Derek Roy and Brendan Morrison both wore #11. I always felt like they were the exact same player throughout their career.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Brendan Morrison is Razors brother in law and i think he lived with Razor while in Dallas. Thats like the only thing i remember about him.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So the 3 top prospects now have gotten somewhat "normal" jersey numbers . Meaning the team expects them to make an impact soon. Kind of funny Wyatt is still #53 and i don't think he's going to change that number now that he already played a full season with it. The team clearly wanted him to make the roster last season and he still stayed with #53 despite that. Normally top prospects get "normal" numbers when they are close. Wyatt somehow didn't.

So many wierd-ish numbers in recent years. Guess Gaglardi is now fine with them .

I suppose it's possible that Wyatt likes/wants that number. Pretty close to his 55

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Has anyone looked at the numbers of the AHL roster to see if these are also available there?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Has anyone looked at the numbers of the AHL roster to see if these are also available there?

Pretty sure that since the exact full AHL roster is not set yet and neither are the numbers outside a few staple like McKenzie , Murray and Petrovic . Too many unknowns going into camp with all the prospects coming in and so much roster turnover .

Bourque wore #19 with Texas last year and since thats retired with the big club he's certainly not wearing that in Dallas. Gardner had #22 last season but he signed in Philly, Gleason had #6 and he's now in Edmonton and Barber had #11 and he's in the KHL now.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Guys, I have a dumb question, when does training camp start? I've been on another planet for the past two months (moving from Bordeaux to Toulouse for those who know France , new job...).

Klockis

Loyalty personified
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Guys, I have a dumb question, when does training camp start? I've been on another planet for the past two months (moving from Bordeaux to Toulouse for those who know France , new job...).
This is what I could find. Seems like it will start September 21.

Congratulations on moving to a city with a better football club (that's really all I know of those two cities) and the new job.

• Love
Reactions: DangeRouss

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If training camp starts in like 2 weeks so that mean Traverse happens next week ? Not really seen much about it from the Stars but according to the other teams Traverse is next week

I don't think Stars even announced their roster yet right ?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad