Off-season thread

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Not the worst strategy by him to take a one year. Duchene, smith, and steel off the books after this season, Benn and Dadonov off the year after. That’s three top nine pieces and a couple fillers. Bet on yourself, put together a 10-15 goal, 30-35 point season with time on both PK and PP, and lock down a nice top 9 role for 24-25 and beyond with the price tag that comes with it.

He has all the tools to become that Roussel, Ott, so on type of fan favorite player that’s a mainstay on the 3rd line/filler up top for injury. Just has to put it together and my gut says he will.

Triple Ex El

Three sausage taquitos with cheese
Apr 29, 2013
DFW, TX
What's this mean?

Dallas Stars (@dallasstars) on Threads

Screenshot_20230713_111214_Threads.jpg

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Stars will still need to make some move, they are over the cap currently with a 23 man roster.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
what if hak isn't ready? ltir make room?
Yeah that actually would clear more cap if he’s out, but I think LTIR cap hits still count up to date one of the season, which would keep them over technically. It’s why Colorado is in a bind with Landeskog’s money, among other teams.

As it stands they’re only a couple hairs over, capfriendly has them at 318ish thousand. They’ve got Damiani left to sign, and it’s kinda curious that he hasn’t been yet with the rest of the minor RFAs.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There was a few 100k Delly could've gotten more the Stars still had once either Bayreuther is waived or Hakanpää is put IR when the season stars. Just signing for 900k gives the Stars a little bit room to accrue capspace

Edit : Damn i forgot that SOIR is mainly for AHL guys . Thought that can be a place for NHL players

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah that actually would clear more cap if he’s out, but I think LTIR cap hits still count up to date one of the season, which would keep them over technically. It’s why Colorado is in a bind with Landeskog’s money, among other teams.

As it stands they’re only a couple hairs over, capfriendly has them at 318ish thousand. They’ve got Damiani left to sign, and it’s kinda curious that he hasn’t been yet with the rest of the minor RFAs.

I'm assuming they're negotiating how much money he gets in the AHL. Delly is just one-way fully guaranteed. I sincerely doubt the Stars want to give Damiania a one-way deal but also Damiani doesn't want just 70k again. 225k is what Karlström and Rosburg got guaranteed ( Reedy and Caamano less )

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I'm assuming they're negotiating how much money he gets in the AHL. Delly is just one-way fully guaranteed. I sincerely doubt the Stars want to give Damiania a one-way deal but also Damiani doesn't want just 70k again. 225k is what Karlström and Rosburg got guaranteed ( Reedy and Caamano less )
More than likely you’re right, just find it weird that his deal’s taking longer. Feel like Nill has typically knocks those out pretty quickly. Add that to the fact that he’s probably a guy in that Jacob Peterson mold of being ready to graduate while not being able to fit in on the Stars stacked forward group and I kinda wonder if they’re examining other options for him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
More than likely you’re right, just find it weird that his deal’s taking longer. Feel like Nill has typically knocks those out pretty quickly. Add that to the fact that he’s probably a guy in that Jacob Peterson mold of being ready to graduate while not being able to fit in on the Stars stacked forward group and I kinda wonder if they’re examining other options for him.

Likely Damianis camp isn't very happy with the Stars because he wasn't called up at all last season and wasn't moved either. Damiani was the last cut of last seasons training camp . I'd assume they thought he'd play some NHL games and ended up with zero. Part of it was the Stars beeing very healthy but other guys got games in i assume Daminis camp thinks he's better than.

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

LTIR can be used in the offseason and applied/carried over in season. Colorado is not in a bind at all. They have 6.8m in cap space with LTIR right now and would be fully compliant on opening day with no other moves needed.
They will probably find a way to clear the 200k to be fully cap compliant without LTIR, so that they can accrue deadline space by operating under the ACSL and then using LTIR. But that's a nice to have and not a necessity for them

serp

Jan 17, 2016
LTIR only really helps you if a guy is done for the season.

You have to make up the capspace you used if the guy returns but if its just for the first couple of weeks the remaining capspace should be enough to make up for the LTIR used while Jani misses time. Unlikely he misses more than the first couple of weeks at most

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad