Off-season thread

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Im higher on Ty than most. 28 points in your first full season while being trusted all over the lineup isn’t anything to take for granted. Add to that his ability to play both special teams and his jam and I think you have a quality third liner for the majority of his future time here. Nothing crazy, but if his scoring touch develops I could see a 35-40 point guy at his peak.

As far as what he's worth now, I'd say 1.5ish million seems fair. Think Saad said it'd be somewhere between that and 1.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't mind Ty either.

He's fine on the fourth line and in a PK role, and generally works his ass off. Maybe he peaks to become a solid 3rd line guy or maybe he doesn't. Whatever. Every team has a guy or two like this and assuming they aren't being played way up in the lineup, they're usually harmless.

Reactions: LT

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
People still getting excited about Gurianov's "potential" at this point is hilarious to me.

For comparison, Sam Steel is younger, and was once considered a top 50 prospect, but not a single person would ever look at him as anything more than a bottom 6 forward, nor should they.

They are who they are at this point and nothing more.

Reactions: redbeardtx

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
People still getting excited about Gurianov's "potential" at this point is hilarious to me.

For comparison, Sam Steel is younger, and was once considered a top 50 prospect, but not a single person would ever look at him as anything more than a bottom 6 forward, nor should they.

They are who they are at this point and nothing more.

Yeah, but I've still got a soft spot for Gurianov, so there's a part of me that hopes he somehow manages an insane 40 goal season with Nashville and can cash in on it next free agency.

Reactions: Henderson33

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah, but I've still got a soft spot for Gurianov, so there's a part of me that hopes he somehow manages an insane 40 goal season with Nashville and can cash in on it next free agency.

Oh 100%. I had the same soft spot for Nichushkin when he left.

It's not Denis' fault he was drafted where he was. Plus that covid Cup run he was great in and I will never forget that, as much as I'd like to forget the heartbreak in the end.

Reactions: LT

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
Wonder if Rasmus Ristolianin would cost via trade?
Wonder if Marchment and Faksa plus a pick could get it done?

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wonder if Rasmus Ristolianin would cost via trade?
Wonder if Marchment and Faksa plus a pick could get it done?

4 more years at $5.1 mil? Philly would have to give away the farm to get rid of him, he is no better than Bayreuther/Hanley

I do wish Chicago didn't sign Seth Jones to such a horrendous contract, he would look so damn good beside Miro or Esa.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
There's a guy I'd never have a soft spot for. He quit on the team.

I think we ruined his development letting him play as an 18 year old. Should have let him stew in the KHL or not drafted him at all. He was barely 21 years old when he went back to the KHL. If he wanted to quit on the team he could have just said trade me but he came back, we bought him out and he became a pretty good player in Colorado.

His play after he left Dallas showed he was talented enough to do it he just needed to mature. But that 0 goal, 10 assist season was brutal to watch.

Although, with what happened recently with him my opinion on him could change.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Rasmus Ristolainen baby! Lets go!

Been hating on the guy for the better part of the decade so I at least want to acknowledge that he had decent year last year once he finally started playing more of a bottom pairing role. Props to Torts for that at least. Still wouldn't go anywhere near him, but I wanted to say something nice about Risto and that's about as good as I got.

redbeardtx

Unregistered User
Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Do we have any players on that Team Canada squad that is involved in that lawsuit/criminal investigation, either on our team or in the farm system? I think we woulda heard something by now but I think we're in the clear right? Lot of teams gonna be scrambling here soon I'd imagine. Wonder how the NHL handles it with buyouts/suspensions/etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad