Off-season thread

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't see any way we don't start the season with both Tarasenko and Kane on the roster. If they take big enough discounts to play for a contender Dumba might be on our radar as well.

Karlsson is probably a long shot after those moves, but still possible if Nill works his magic

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
That DeBrincat trade will have the Senators longing for the bountiful days of Chiasson, Guptill and Nick Paul as the return.

• Haha
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
No more forwards. Pesce or hanifin. Get a difference making defenseman. Don’t rely on Lundkvist. Give him some time but don’t bank on him elevating his game to the level to pass on getting a real defensive upgrade.
Nils has to play games this year. He's waivers eligible now so he'll be eating hotdogs if he's not in the lineup

Reactions: BigTomBomber and LT

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'm fine with waiting until part way through the season on making a move for a Dman if needed.

We do need to make a move to be able to resign Delly and have some wiggle room though. Starting to wonder if moving Faksa makes the most sense

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I'm fine with waiting until part way through the season on making a move for a Dman if needed.

We do need to make a move to be able to resign Delly and have some wiggle room though. Starting to wonder if moving Faksa makes the most sense

No they don't. I'm still surprised they gave Bayreuther a one-way deal, but him going to the AHL gives them plenty of cap space.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
No they don't. I'm still surprised they gave Bayreuther a one-way deal, but him going to the AHL gives them plenty of cap space.

I wasn't including Bay on the roster, and with him off arent we sitting around 1.3ish? Maybe I'm wrong on that number

I'm assuming Dellandrea signs somewhere between 1.5-2, and Jim Nill likes his wiggle room

Unless we only carry 12 forwards and 6 D, what am I missing here?

You're the cap doctor and know alot more then I do with this stuff lol

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
There’s so many shoes that still have to drop this offseason so I don’t blame Nill for being more patient. Toronto is 8.8 over. Vancouver is 4 over. There’s six more teams over after them with varying LTIR situations. Karlsson still has to happen, as well as other guys like Gibson. Feel like there’s a ton of ballgame and movement left and while there’s an option for a TDL D, I think there’s plenty of time for a good trade to fall into Dallas’ lap. Debrincat just went for nothing, and while he’s in a different position, it’s a little helpful for the Stars since he’s on a one year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hellebuyck is probably going for almost nothing soon. Get him out of the division already, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad