Off-season thread

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Just wanna get ahead of it by saying that Tony Deangelo is the furthest thing from the answer to our RHD dilemma. Don't think anyone here is dumb enough to consider him, but it's still worth noting.
if we didn't have Nils i would be OK with adding him

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars have a strong enough locker room thats well respected around the league . He wouldn't dare cause a problem off the ice because that would completely end his NHL career imho. Still no interest . He plays absolutely no defense .

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Trying to get DeAngelo would be akin to the Mavericks getting Kyrie. Except without the superstar status but all of the egomania.

I don't think Nill is as bent as Cuban on that front.

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
Just wanna get ahead of it by saying that Tony Deangelo is the furthest thing from the answer to our RHD dilemma. Don't think anyone here is dumb enough to consider him, but it's still worth noting.
I'd be a bit more onboard for TDA if we didn't have Lundkvist - but it would be a bit redundant. Would take away opportunities from Nils.

What about Nils playing with Miro? I know with our current core it may make it a bit tougher but it could springboard his development?

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I'd be a bit more onboard for TDA if we didn't have Lundkvist - but it would be a bit redundant. Would take away opportunities from Nils.

What about Nils playing with Miro? I know with our current core it may make it a bit tougher but it could springboard his development?

I think the org would hope Nils becomes Miros future pair. But will take 2 more seasons for him to become top pair material.

If Nils gets his natural 2nd season improvement I would think on paper he is a great partner for Lindell.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I think the org would hope Nils becomes Miros future pair. But will take 2 more seasons for him to become top pair material.

If Nils gets his natural 2nd season improvement I would think on paper he is a great partner for Lindell.
Im with this, and I’d bet the pairs change over the year based on Harley and Nils progression/Suter regression. Start of the year will probably look like

Suter-Miro
Harley-Hak
Lindell-Nils

And if things go right by February it’ll look something like

Harley-Miro
Suter-Nils
Lindell-Hak

Reactions: catters078 and 506

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I hear you all on no to TDA, but if we miss if/when Pesce becomes available (for more than we'd like to spend) it's an available RHD with blemishes in a buy-low situation with a good room.

I just really hope we don't end up having coaching treating Nils the same. It takes a handful of things going right to make that plan pan out too.

I trust many of your opinions more than my own and I hope you're right

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
What would an offseason be without some Tyler Seguin drama

Screencaps are a couple replies down. Could or could not be true. Very insane/entertaining read all the same.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I feel like the gender swap of this would be / actually is the storyline of quite a few 80's/90's comedy movies that people call "problematic" now.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Screencaps are a couple replies down. Could or could not be true. Very insane/entertaining read all the same.

the internet is a wild place

Someone hacked Weekes Twitter Account and its now spamming macbook sale scams
imagine going to someone's house and coming across a Macbook signed by Kevin Weekes

Reactions: Kcb12345

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

There are some unhinged folks on the internet. I'd be more suspicious of the girl posting those screenshots than of Seguin's new wife because who remembers that kind of random shit from year ago, but similarly unhinged folks. :laugh:

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Shit now its only 5 signed Macbooks left. Hope they got signed right across the screen with a permanent marker . Gotta hurry !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad