Off-season thread

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
this one sucks. dan was always great to add some levity, but jake is one of those guys you can tell really puts in the work. the segments he led were always top notch.
100% agree. Jake was the spearhead of any sort of future the ticket had. Now I’m not sure the station survives after the Musers retire.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
1689705941067.png

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I’m gonna show you f***ing noobs how it’s done.

Carolina working on sending Brent Burns to Dallas which is holding up the EK65 trade. Karlsson doesn’t wanna play with Burns again and Dallas was in on him when the Canes signed him.

Light work.
Pic rel

@skygodz187 hit em with the trade details. I’m gonna go get shit faced on my mega-yacht and post incoherent rants on Twitter

Last edited:

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
If you're as bored as I am from this completely unspectacular offseason, but want to play Make Believe and pretend like Dallas has money to sign some of the interesting UFA names still on board, well then read on!

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
If you're as bored as I am from this completely unspectacular offseason, but want to play Make Believe and pretend like Dallas has money to sign some of the interesting UFA names still on board, well then read on!

Great read - I know we don't need any more adds up front but man Tatar, Heinen, or Poolparty all seem like interesting adds to me.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Until I get flagged for spamming I'm just gonna keep posting my BS.

If you don't feel like reading on this hot AF Friday then I'll just highlight what I thought was the most interesting find. Johnston's 19-year old season in terms of fancy stats (in this case 'total offense' which is goals above a replacement forward at even strength + goals above a replacement forward on the power play) is uhh...very not that bad.

Attachments

• wyatt_comps_total_off.png
    wyatt_comps_total_off.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 3

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Until I get flagged for spamming I'm just gonna keep posting my BS.

If you don't feel like reading on this hot AF Friday then I'll just highlight what I thought was the most interesting find. Johnston's 19-year old season in terms of fancy stats (in this case 'total offense' which is goals above a replacement forward at even strength + goals above a replacement forward on the power play) is uhh...very not that bad.
When your content starts falling off then we will tell you to stop, but until then you gucci

Reactions: David Castillo

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
Im ass at this game. I knew Columbus and Calgary has someone obvious. And I do vaguely remember Jagr on the Devils but other than that- meh. I didn’t remember Marleau on the Penguins yet I remembered Greiss somehow.
IMG_0202.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LT

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
My obsession with hockey cards growing up, especially goalies in the 90’s allows me to be good at puckdoku. Even random back up goalies from the 90’s I was obsessed with.

Reactions: redbeardtx

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If he goes to Pittsburgh he won't win anything. They'll be the oldest team in the league by a ton. A team with like 0 signficant player under 28 and an average age of 31 isn't winning anything.

Stars have some older players but almost the whole Pens roster is older players

Pens remind me of the late 90's Houston Rockets that had an aging championship core and every year added more old veterans to try and somehow still win and every year age and injuries caught up with them .

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fourth longest tenured GM in the league behind . DA in St.Louis , Chevy with the Jets and Jarmo in Columbus ? Jarmo must be beloved by Jackets ownership because the team got out of the first round just once in his 10 years there and missed the playoffs regularly.

Then again all 3 of his predecessors combined made the playoffs just once

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Jimbo is solid, no point in switching. I feel like the staff around him is the strongest it's ever been in terms of analytics, Greeley, Peverley, Scott White, improved development staff rather than only JJ. Etc.

Those seem like better moves rather than hiring a new GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad