Off-season thread

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Saad always kinda had his foot half in/half out with hockey even during the season and with The Athletic basically collapsing, he's keeping a job. Not really shocked.

Pretty soon the Stars are gonna end up only being covered by a handful of fan blogs like the old days. :laugh:

Yeah he wasn’t cut out for hockey journalism anyway. He just parroted what he read on Twitter. Nothing of value lost.

Klockis

Loyalty personified
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
It's wild to me that American sports Franchises like the Stars that are worth an incredible amount of money can barely get any coverage. Maybe I'm underestimating the coverage (I live in Euroland afterall) but it seems like we're barely mentioned even by the local media, and we're definetly an afterthought in the wider hockey world.

The team can get 16000+ to regularly fill their stadium so it doesn't seem that unpopular.

Just something I've been thinking about the last year or so. Would be interesting to get insight from the local fans on this.

Reactions: LT

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
It's wild to me that American sports Franchises like the Stars that are worth an incredible amount of money can barely get any coverage. Maybe I'm underestimating the coverage (I live in Euroland afterall) but it seems like we're barely mentioned even by the local media, and we're definetly an afterthought in the wider hockey world.

The team can get 16000+ to regularly fill their stadium so it doesn't seem that unpopular.

Just something I've been thinking about the last year or so. Would be interesting to get insight from the local fans on this.
it's bc that coverage doesn't generate any revenue. an article on the cowboys will get 100x the number of clicks, and that's what you need in order to pay the writer's salary and still make the business some profit.

Reactions: Klockis

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

Microcosm of a way bigger problem my dude. It’s not related to sports or the Stars at all. It’s the bottom line and everyone’s on the hot seat nowadays in media/entertainment. Not enough money to go around for bullshit jobs or half-assed work, and that’s most of media and entertainment to begin with lol. You’ll start to see this more and more over the next few years.

Reactions: Elysian and Klockis

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Too many injuries for Bergeron the last few years. Once those pile up in the later stages of your career you're done. Some retire before that happens to them but most athletes don't.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
´With Bergeron retired and if nobody signs Staal ( or he doesn't score all that many points ) there's a decent chance Pavelski becomes the 2003 class scoring leader and will finish as that. Hell of an accomplishment as a 7th round pick.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Yeah he wasn’t cut out for hockey journalism anyway. He just parroted what he read on Twitter. Nothing of value lost.
While this was definitely true early on the dude had a tough road considering he didn’t have much history with hockey and couldn’t be in the locker room for the first couple years. I thought he did pretty well once he was able to actually have face-to-face interviews. Not the greatest hockey insights certainly but also we were spoiled by Shapiro

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
You guys should have bought out Suter and gone after EK65. Marchment, prospect, 1st and 3rd or something. I’d love to see Pavelski and Karl both get Cups before finishing their careers, and the Cup go to TX again.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You guys should have bought out Suter and gone after EK65. Marchment, prospect, 1st and 3rd or something. I’d love to see Pavelski and Karl both get Cups before finishing their careers, and the Cup go to TX again.

There is no world where the Stars could've ever fit EK's caphit in without sending the Sharks contracts back they really don't want.

It's become pretty clear Stars management doesn't think they can really fix the defense in the offseason so they doubled down on forward depth and will roll with what they have and maybe get to the fixing during next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elysian

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Saad is now being melodramatic about himself on Twitter because stars fans are being sad regarding not having a dedicated writer outside of blogs.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Saad is now being melodramatic about himself on Twitter because stars fans are being sad regarding not having a dedicated writer outside of blogs.
Fans should be upset to lose the only writer who traveled with the team to any degree. With no writers actually around the team, coverage will suffer greatly.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Fans should be upset to lose the only writer who traveled with the team to any degree. With no writers actually around the team, coverage will suffer greatly.
Idk . I muted Saad a while ago and didn’t seem to miss anything .

Reactions: M88K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad