Off-season thread

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
They don't have money for Domi. Don't overpay the middle of your lineup. Stank and Borque are coming. Save the money for D.

Look at Vegas, they swang for the fenses and got Pietro. We need to do something similar with our upcoming cap space to be a contender.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
They don't have money for Domi. Don't overpay the middle of your lineup. Stank and Borque are coming. Save the money for D.

Look at Vegas, they swang for the fenses and got Pietro. We need to do something similar with our upcoming cap space to be a contender.
agreed. for once i'm not afraid of the forward group, especially with the number of young, cheap options. i'd much rather fix the blueline.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
There’s a couple avenues to keep Domi, if they so choose. Obviously it starts with a Suter buyout, then another move on top of that. Faksa at 2x3.25 isn’t immovable at this point. Don’t know if that’s the best route for the team to take though.

Reactions: Elysian

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Time flies, Max Domi is 28. He's awful defensively. His offensive production as a tweener doesn't outweigh how bad he is in his own end. It's a bummer because I like him but I'm okay sacrificing 2nd round picks for Domi type players every TDL instead of signing them to contracts. We just need to cross our fingers and hope that Mason Marchment is able to find a happy medium in his play next year.

1685565315742.png

1685565293356.png

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I actually think Marchment is a solid passer tbh. Skating is just bad

He made some pretty slick passes during the playoffs.

He and his Dad were extremely close. Give Mush the off-season I think he’ll impress more next year.

Reactions: LT

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Well playing Miller 25m a night in the playoffs will sure give Miro an extra 1-2 months rest next year
This is the most backward logic ever.
Suter has to be babysat by Miro, who had to play 30mins a night in the PO
Suter isn't good. regardless of what is done with Miller, the difference is, you can waive Miller, or trade him to pretty much anyone, he has 0 trade protection. the only get out loser card they have for Suter is a buyout.

Buying him out, frees up cap space to add an actually decent d-man. (like Severson)
Miller playing or not has no impact on how much Miro would play.
But if it's so hard for you to invision.
+2mins a night to Lindell, +4mins a game to Harley.
Suter is completely replaced with 0 drop off.

Reactions: LT and Elysian

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I would rather us bring back dadonov than domi . Domi has flashes here and there but overall he’s not really that great IMO.

He was probably the best playmaker on the team during his time with Dallas. If he had good linemates he would have racked up a ton of assists. He played with 4th line caliber players in Dellandrea, Marchment, and Kiviranta for most of the playoffs. Stick him with a legit scoring winger for a full season and he puts up 40 assists.

Reactions: Sports2

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I loved having Domi on the team but I would prefer to keep Dadanov. He would probably accept less term and although we know he fits well with this team he only put up 33 points in the regular season so he should be cheaper too.

Reactions: LT

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
He was probably the best playmaker on the team during his time with Dallas. If he had good linemates he would have racked up a ton of assists. He played with 4th line caliber players in Dellandrea, Marchment, and Kiviranta for most of the playoffs. Stick him with a legit scoring winger for a full season and he puts up 40 assists.
Not saying I didn’t like domi at all but he’s a turnover machine and I just thought dadonov was wild . If I had to choose between the two I’d go dadonov .

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022

What defenseman is worth swinging for the fences? Peitrangelo was a free agent. If there was a guy like that I am down for that but I don’t see one worth it. Is there someone I am missing?

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Not saying I didn’t like domi at all but he’s a turnover machine and I just thought dadonov was wild . If I had to choose between the two I’d go dadonov .

I really like Dadonov also. I would love to sign either. Daddy is probably cheaper and more realistic.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
dadonov was also playing hard for a real contract. idk that the same fire will be there if he has security, but same with domi, and even with that motivation he was a rollercoaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad