Off-season thread

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
If we could get Bear and move off Faksa and a 2nd rounder.
We could then buy out Suter. Make Harley a full time NHLer. And stillbe able to possibly move on from Either Hakinpaa or Miller and possibly I mean possibly geta chance to actually add a difference maker in the top six spot. Debrincat as we all know, would be a very awesome addition. He would fit very well here. But again possibly very expensive in traded

Last edited:

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
Maybe look into
Max Pacioretty. Come off injured season should be a decent addition to cover a top 9 spot on the cheap.
And Justin Holl would be another cheap addition. We could get Dellandrea back aswell those additions would be an awesome way to ride

Reactions: Erebor

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
What are the odds Nill brings Klingberg back? Not the feelings on this board but true odds. What are the odds Nill makes the decision? We do need a RHD that can move the puck. Nill loves his veterans.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
IMG_2501.jpeg

This was posted months ago but had to dig it up since we know Bertuzzi is hitting open market tomorrow

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Bad luck stretch of injuries. I know he had two surgeries within two months of each other back in 2022

Then right after he came back -

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Is anyone else confused why we are only rumored to be looking at forwards?

It seems clear to me that an upgrade on defense is the biggest need. Plus we have Stank and Bourque looking ready to step in.

We have one of the best first lines in the league and a solid middle 6 (could be quite solid depending on Bourque/Stank). Then we have a MASSIVE drop in talent on defense once you look past Miro.

Why Dcat? Why Bertuzzi?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I hope we don't piss away cap space on Bertuzzi.
Defense is the big need and we don't need anymore "vets" causing younger players to waste away in the AHL

Reactions: Smelling Salt

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I had a feeling we would pursue Wheeler for a few reasons. Nill loves his veterans, Wheeler and Benn have been buddies for a few years now, I’m assuming he will be cheap since he was bought out, and he might want to stay in the Central to face Winnipeg.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Wheeler still gives 100% every shift, but the problem is his stamina seems to be about half of what it was three or four years ago. His give a shit meter is still high. Honestly I would say he's better than Seguin. Better skater even if the bursts are shorter nowadays, and an infinitely better playmaker.

But yeah the Stars need D, not Blake Wheeler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad