Off-season thread

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I am on the buyout Suter train if it frees up enough space to get Miro a worthy partner. If buying him out doesn't coincide with getting a better Dman, then I don't see the point.

Miro - X
Lindell - Lundkvist
Harley - Hakanpää

I doubt management or the coaching staff has enough confidence in Lundkvist to do this though.

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
I am on the buyout Suter train if it frees up enough space to get Miro a worthy partner. If buying him out doesn't coincide with getting a better Dman, then I don't see the point.

Miro - X
Lindell - Lundkvist
Harley - Hakanpää

I doubt management or the coaching staff has enough confidence in Lundkvist to do this though.
A trade for Bear or Carlo would be Miro best fit

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Shame I have to post this again so soon.

IMG_2434.jpeg

He hasn’t even turned 23 yet and he had a pretty good start for a rookie d-man. He didn’t light the world on fire but when he would get scratched he’d come right back and rip a goal into the net and be very active in plays. That’s impressive for a rookie defensemen…

He’s going to get better in his own end I have no doubt about that. I get some of the frustrations but some of the hyperbole around Lundkvist is nuts. He was a way better prospect at his age than anyone we would’ve picked in that range and he’s a RHD who can skate and handle the puck really well. A little patience will go a long way with this.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I just don’t see the fit for Wheeler, and that’s why I’m assuming Dreger/Wyshynski are just throwing shit on the wall based on the Stars past FA signing trends.

Robo-Hintz-Pavs
Benn-Johnston-Daddy
March-Seguin-Stank/Bourque

Wheeler is a RW.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006

View attachment 724224

He hasn’t even turned 23 yet and he had a pretty good start for a rookie d-man. He didn’t light the world on fire but when he would get scratched he’d come right back and rip a goal into the net and be very active in plays. That’s impressive for a rookie defensemen…

He’s going to get better in his own end I have no doubt about that. I get some of the frustrations but some of the hyperbole around Lundkvist is nuts. He was a way better prospect at his age than anyone we would’ve picked in that range and he’s a RHD who can skate and handle the puck really well. A little patience will go a long way with this.
I didn’t think he was that bad. Miller, Hakanpaa , and Suter were just as bad defensively for the most part.

Reactions: Zapp

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
If we’re giving Wheeler Dadonov money or a little above it I don’t have a problem with it. Issue is he’s gonna want way more than that.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

View attachment 724224

He was starting to get more comfortable and confident with skating the puck into the offensive zone to make a play. I can only imagine how much better he's going to get with more experience

I also agree he's going to get better in the defensive zone. Just needs to play and learn

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I still take Dadonov. He’s a better fit for what we lack on this roster.
Hmmm I don't know if I agree. The roster needs playmakers. That is Wheeler. I see the argument when it comes to cost/age but the team lacks creativity at forward which is why Domi was so noticeable.

With that said, his best fit would be with Jamie and Wyatt. My tummy is aching thinking about him with Seguin and Marchment.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Hmmm I don't know if I agree. The roster needs playmakers. That is Wheeler. I see the argument when it comes to cost/age but the team lacks creativity at forward which is why Domi was so noticeable.

With that said, his best fit would be with Jamie and Wyatt. My tummy is aching thinking about him with Seguin and Marchment.
Dadonov is pretty creative himself and has the foot speed that Wheeler does not have in my opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad