Off-season thread

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Just curious I wonder what Seguin would say if they approached him about a trade
Yes I desperately want to leave a winning team, with no state income tax, warm winter weather, non existent media pressure, good coach and teammates I like to head back to Canada or a bottom feeder and be hated even more elsewhere than I am here where I can walk around town and not be bothered by anyone.

Oh yeah I want to take a pay cut and lose the ability to play golf on the vast majority of my days off during the season. Why haven't I gone to Nill already?

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Yes I desperately want to leave a winning team, with no state income tax, warm winter weather, non existent media pressure, good coach and teammates I like to head back to Canada or a bottom feeder and be hated even more elsewhere than I am here where I can walk around town and not be bothered by anyone.

Oh yeah I want to take a pay cut and lose the ability to play golf on the vast majority of my days off during the season. Why haven't I gone to Nill already?
Well Tyler, when you put it like that you make everyone here sound like…Vegas. This organization would hate to look like them.

Nill needs to make the hard decisions. Well with in his right to say no but Nill needs to try. Nill also needs to stop handing out NTC. He gave one to daddy.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Well Tyler, when you put it like that you make everyone here sound like…Vegas. This organization would hate to look like them.

Nill needs to make the hard decisions. Well with in his right to say no but Nill needs to try. Nill also needs to stop handing out NTC. He gave one to daddy.
iirc they have a set time(s) each year that everyone with an NTC/NMC still submits a list of teams they'd be willing to go to.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX

Gee Jim, why are you bothering my agent in the off-season to waive the very thing I demanded in my contract to prevent this very scenario from happening? You know it's a dumb question because I would have come to you if I wanted out. Thanks so much for interrupting my vacation with this I know I feel really appreciated by you and the club right now.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Gee Jim, why are you bothering my agent in the off-season to waive the very thing I demanded in my contract to prevent this very scenario from happening? You know it's a dumb question because I would have come to you if I wanted out. Thanks so much for interrupting my vacation with this I know I feel really appreciated by you and the club right now.
Tyler, you don’t have to state the obvious to me. I was the dumb one who keeps handing out NTC. It’s the only negotiating tactic I have. But in my defense I did not interrupt your vacation. Your agent did.

While we are on the subject don’t you think you should more time in at the rink. Maybe a little less vacationing this year. Your performance was…well let’s just call it underwhelming.

Either way congrats on the engagement and look forward to you having a better year next year.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Why is there so much role playing going on here?
1688002987655.png

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I actually feel bad for the Stars staff right now lol. I get to f*** off, get high, and do other shit while this is going on. They have to just sit there and watch this in case someone calls them lol.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Would someone offer us a late round pick, 4th or beyond for Damiani? He seems like a guy who needs a new organization and I would hope we'd recoup something for him. He's got to have some value around the league, right?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Would someone offer us a late round pick, 4th or beyond for Damiani? He seems like a guy who needs a new organization and I would hope we'd recoup something for him. He's got to have some value around the league, right?
I think we have to wait and see if he even gets a qualifying offer to know if he has any value. Even if he does, a 4th is probably too high.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Peterson and Olofsson returned absolutely nothing. Damiani won't get any kind of return. Best we could hope for is a swap for a comparable player.

Reactions: Elysian

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Is Keller still available? I would be happy if Stankoven turned into Keller. That being said I would gladly move some pieces for him including Stankoven.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad