Value of: Nylander (Trade)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Then u don't get Nylander
U don't aquire a top line player for scraps
Rebuilding teams shouldn't give up top prospects for the right to give a guy a 10 millionish contract. That guy isn't wrong. Leafs aren't holding a strong hand here with him being a UFA next year.

Nylander if he wants the most money he should play out the year put up his usual numbers and waive good bye. He could end up on the Ducks next year playing with those top prospects lol.

Fiala = 1st + faber
DebrincT = 1st + 4th + roster player + long shot prospect

Chances are that the return will disappoint leaf fans.
Don't underestimate the power of a stupid GM.

That being said I agree Leafs fans will probably be horribly disappointed.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
If the rumors are true he is willing to sign a fair contract, just not if everyone else on the team is emptying the vault in front of him....
Unfortunately they are. But you never know he make take less with a different team

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rebuilding teams shouldn't give up top prospects for the right to give a guy a 10 millionish contract. That guy isn't wrong. Leafs aren't holding a strong hand here with him being a UFA next year.

Nylander if he wants the most money he should play out the year put up his usual numbers and waive good bye. He could end up on the Ducks next year playing with those top prospects lol.

Don't underestimate the power of a stupid GM.

That being said I agree Leafs fans will probably be horribly disappointed.
I think he’ll get a solid package, but leaf fans won’t love it

Reactions: Lt Dan

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Not really. People rate him as a really good scoring winger that is paid 10 million. That makes him a good player but the AAV cripples his value in a trade. Position doesn't help his value either. (obviously that is not his AAV now but it seems to be what he is expecting.)
he's paid 6.9, not 10 ...his ask is supposedly 9ish on a long term deal

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I’m talking about Morgan Rielly not Mike Rielly.

I agree Hanfin is much better then Mike Rielly

But until Hanfin cracks 70 points in a season while shutting down teams top offensive lines with zero help he is not even on the same planet as Rielly. ( career high of 48 points while being sheltered by Andersson, Tanev and Weager
There is no NHL player named Mike Rielly

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
he's paid 6.9, not 10 ...his ask is supposedly 9ish on a long term deal
I know what he is paid now. We all know. Any team trading for him as a long term player cares more about what he will make going forward. If a team is giving up substantial assets for him his next contract will be an important factor in what they are willing to give up. If he was at 6.9 for the next 5 years his contract would be a bargain and he would bring back far more in a trade. If his contract is 10 for the next 7 years far less.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
I get that, but that's the 1st time that WN scored 40. AD is younger, scored 40 twice (and paced for it another time during pandemic season), and signed a very reasonable 4 year deal x 7.8M. And he got a suspect and a top 10 protected 1st round DP.

Like I said - I like WN, but there are some RIDICULOUS asks in this thread for him 1 year before he gets UFA.
AD really only wanted to go to Detroit so they got him cheap. Hard to estimate WNs value but yeah the 10+M he is rumored to ask for may limit what he returns in a trade. I'd take Nylander over Debrincat but Nylander at 10M vs Dcat at 7,8? I dunno, a toss up I'd say...

Ledge And Dairy

I think if you exchange Hanifin for Zadorov - it’s closer.
Ok but then who plays 1C for Calgary? And how does Calgary convince Nylander to stay without a 1st line caliber center?

Any Nylander to Calgary trade talk ends with Lindholm as it's completely counterproductive. There are plenty of options on the market in the next 2 years that can do what Nylander does and at his level of play, there are almost zero that can replace Lindholm

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
AD really only wanted to go to Detroit so they got him cheap. Hard to estimate WNs value but yeah the 10+M he is rumored to ask for may limit what he returns in a trade. I'd take Nylander over Debrincat but Nylander at 10M vs Dcat at 7,8? I dunno, a toss up I'd say...
Agreed that there are a ton of contributing factors. With that said - a similar player who was willing to sign a reasonable extension was just traded for a pretty "meh" return. I've seen posts in this thread asking for #1 dman + top 15 first round DP for WN, which is absolutely ridiculous. Or a deal where WN & Brodie get traded for 2 significantly better (or IMO at least more valuable) players.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweSensFan

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
If Toronto doesn't trade him, starting in 2024/25, they have:

Matthews - $13.5 million
Tavares - $11 million
Marner - $10.9 million and due a raise
Nylander - $10 million

Bertuzzi and Domi will also be due raises and be UFAs. They also need to fill our almost their entire d-core and sign at least 1 goalie.

Good luck building a team around that. Nylander also seems to want to go to a team where he is more of a main attraction.
Buy out Tavares at the end of next season and keep Nylander.
or
Get Nylander to sign for 1 yr while guaranteeing him a long term 10 mil contract once Tavares is gone.
Many ways for the Leafs to keep Nylander and they should.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Not saying you are wrong but I didn't see that AD forced his way to Detroit. What credible source said that?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Buy out Tavares at the end of next season and keep Nylander.
or
Get Nylander to sign for 1 yr while guaranteeing him a long term 10 mil contract once Tavares is gone.
Many ways for the Leafs to keep Nylander and they should.

Buying out Tavares only saves 600k on the cap because basically all his money is in signing bonuses, not salary.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
was only place he really wanted to sign, he said so himself on NHL radio.
Very true. But is that a win that turns into a loss for the Wings? Maybe it’s only me, but I get Skinner vibes from deBrincat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad