Value of: Nylander (Trade)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Or just wait for next year.
Honestly this seems like the likely scenario. Teams that want him as a rental don't have the cap space to trade for him now and teams that can sign him to term won't give up the assets as they're likely all rebuilding which is why they can afford him. I could see Carolina doing something around Pesce or maybe Calgary as they also have players they can't seem to sign. Outside of that who knows.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
And the team that gets him will be much better off because of it. The best time to have traded WN was at the draft.
Maybe. Are you running a General Managers Clinic right now?

There are no hard and fast rules as far as I'm concerned.

I assume that a GM can find the right team, the right trade, and the right cap situation 365 days a year.

We think that we know the price of things, but then look at what TBL paid for Tanner Jeanot.

An overpayment seems to me that it has nothing to do with the draft, but more what a desperate team is willing to give up.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
If you want Nylander it will cost you this:

1st round pick (conditional)
A top 4 D
A prospect
No offense - but the potential range of value in that trade is REALLY wide.

My immediate response was that Nylander wasn't worth that, but then I could see a scenario where COL offers Girard, a suspect and their 1st round DP and that might fly from their perspective. I would expect that TML would turn it down because they're not looking for a Girard type of dman.

I don't think that 1 year of Nylander is going to get the Leafs a quality top 4 d-man, a 1st round DP, and a quality prospect. I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: malcb33

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
No offense - but the potential range of value in that trade is REALLY wide.

My immediate response was that Nylander wasn't worth that, but then I could see a scenario where COL offers Girard, a suspect and their 1st round DP and that might fly from their perspective. I would expect that TML would turn it down because they're not looking for a Girard type of dman.

I don't think that 1 year of Nylander is going to get the Leafs a quality top 4 d-man, a 1st round DP, and a quality prospect. I guess time will tell.
It won’t

Toronto gets a 1st or 2nd+ ok prosprct or ok young player. But not top notch.

if they need to use another team in retrntion thry will ask for a 2nd or 3rd. A late team 1st (25-32) could be turned into a 2nd+3rd and split up between 2 teams.

nylander will be asking for too much, he’s a soft player, and not a play driver. He benefits from his linemates.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
His value is determined by his contract extension. 10 million? Not many teams gonna give him that. 8.5? I'm sure a few might. How much he demands determines his value

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Nylander’s trade value differs greatly depending on whether it is a one year rental leading to UFA or whether he agrees to sign an extension.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad