Proposal: Nils Hoglander for Brayden Schneider. Van/NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Why do we keep doing this? NY doesn’t want to trade Schneider so they are going to over value him.
Hoglander is a young cost controlled too 6 winger who is still on the up. He is great.
BUT Again
NY doesn’t want to trade Schneider, so while realistically Hoglander is more valuable….. it doesn’t matter.

Let’s stop discussing Schneider trades. It’s dumb

Reactions: egelband

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
We don’t have the playing time available for Lafreniere but we do for Hoglander? We have no need for Hoglander. If you want Schneider, offer up Pettersson or Horvat.
In fairness we don't have the playing time for Laf because he can't play... Whether we have a need for Hoglander or not, at the expense of Schneider is a different story.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Well Laf and Chytil haven’t proved shit.

So that’s what it would take to move EP.

1. We can not afford to overpay for EP, regardless of whether or not he commands it. As I have said, we have adequate blue chips, etc but not surplus for trade.

2. I would like as a courtesy to consider entertaining EP with an open mind, but as I have explained multiple occassions, it is a waste of time unless Trouba is moved, and that cannot be assumed for another coupla seasons, tho we hope maybe that can happen next season.

Sure things can be juggled up the wazu for this season, but the next 2 after that Fox + Zib $$$ increases kick in. On top of Panarin. And Kreider, neither of whom we want to move. Trouba is the only guy who, if the Martians kidnapped, we could replace tom. with Schneider's elc. Everyone else is a no.

EVEN if we gave up quality LD Lindgren and his 3m per x 3, and could still move Nemeth as a cap dump, we don't have enuf additional cap.

Someone figure out that jigsaw puzzle and get back to me...

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
We don’t have the playing time available for Lafreniere but we do for Hoglander? We have no need for Hoglander. If you want Schneider, offer up Pettersson or Horvat.
We dont want your overvalued and overrated schneider for our best players, sorry. You probably ask for McDavid too if you wanted to trade with Oilers?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You want to value Pettersson at his peak value but not Lafreniere or Chytil? Ironic. I don’t think there’s any deal to be made.
What have Laf and Chytil done so far? Nothing just another bust.I would not trade Petersson for both Laf and Chytil.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What have Laf and Chytil done so far? Nothing just another bust.I would not trade Petersson for both Laf and Chytil.

Did I ask for Hoglander? No, I didn’t. I said I don’t think there’s a trade to be made, unless one of your top two centers is on the table?

I don’t know why you are acting so abrasive. Pettersson isn’t having a good season. I didn’t call him a bust or any derogatory name.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
has Schneider scored a goal this year yet in the AHL? Plenty of 20 year old Dmen have done this through the years. Tracking to potentially be a shut down guy which could happen or not in few years. Hogs has proven he can keep up with the NHL pace and is rounding out his game. Seems to favor the blueshirts if the deal was struck
Ryan Lindgren went an entire AHL season without scoring a goal and he currently plays on the top line with Adam Fox playing 20+ minutes a night and he seems a pretty decent shutdown dman.

Reactions: bernmeister

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's probably not an unreasonable "value proposition", but i feel like it's also not really a trade that either side would want to make. For Vancouver, Hoglander is exactly the sort of cost-controlled sparkplug they desperately need, contributing to offset some of the cap expenditures elsewhere in the lineup. Hard not to just call him, practically "untouchable" really.

From the Rangers end, it seems like Schneider is expected to be a pretty important part of their future blueline. Hoglander is great, but i'm not sure he's the sort of piece that you start moving an important component of your future for.

So it seems like a reasonable enough proposal, but is probably still a double "no", due to extenuating factors and situational concerns.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Ryan Lindgren went an entire AHL season without scoring a goal and he currently plays on the top line with Adam Fox playing 20+ minutes a night and he seems a pretty decent shutdown dman.
Not sure if a hogs for lindgren proposal you are suggesting? Lindgren is certainly a solid aggresive player to have on a team though.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Hoglander is a top 6 NHLers. Schneider has done nothing lmao get outta here. I understand if Rangers don’t wanna do this but based on value, Hoglander>Schneider

Doesn't matter. Schneider is what the Canucks fans claim they need and in spades. The "has done nothing" comment also means he's cheap for a while.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t know why you are acting so abrasive. Pettersson isn’t having a good season. I didn’t call him a bust or any derogatory name.

Well you're trolling, for one.

Schneider for Pettersson or Horvat?

I can't picture you not living under a bridge, trying to steal sheep or something.

Reactions: zcaptain

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well you're trolling, for one.

Schneider for Pettersson or Horvat?

I can't picture you not living under a bridge, trying to steal sheep or something.

You insult others when they didn’t say the things you claim are the reason you need to insult them. Where did I suggest trade Schneider for those players?

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Not sure if a hogs for lindgren proposal you are suggesting? Lindgren is certainly a solid aggresive player to have on a team though.
Definitely not suggesting Lindgren for Hoglander.

Just posting an example where a dman not having scored a goal in one of his first pro hockey seasons didnt affect his development or ability to be a top NHL dman.

It was meant for the guy making out Schneider not scoring a goal in AHL is a really bad thing and saying he needs a lot more work on his development.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
You insult others when they didn’t say the things you claim are the reason you need to insult them. Where did I suggest trade Schneider for those players?

here:
Pavel Buchnevich said:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
here:
Pavel Buchnevich said:

No, I explained what it would take for us to consider an offer for him. I said if your fans want Schneider, you can offer up Pettersson or Horvat. I didn't say anywhere that I want to trade Schneider.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Definitely not suggesting Lindgren for Hoglander.

Just posting an example where a dman not having scored a goal in one of his first pro hockey seasons didnt affect his development or ability to be a top NHL dman.

It was meant for the guy making out Schneider not scoring a goal in AHL is a really bad thing and saying he needs a lot more work on his development.
thanks for your reply. Wonder if the Ranger brass think this Scheider kid tops out as a RH'd Lindgren?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad